• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scariest moment of your Life?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I think this was about 4 years ago, since it happened in our old apartment, but my scariest moment was when I thought my mother was about to die. I was watching TV or whatever, when my mother sort of just stumbled into the living room, woozy, and then just fell over. I legit freaked out. She was unresponsive for a few minutes, and I was just shell shocked, cause it just happened out of nowhere. Then I came to my senses and grabbed the phone.

First thing my mind told me to do was call dad, since he'd left the house for work not too long ago, and I guess I wasn't thinking clearly. I guess my father had already entered the subway, cause he didn't pick up even though I'd called about four of five times, each call in tandem with an increasing panic in my voice. At that point, I saw my mother move, and me being me, I went to her and asked what was wrong. Hm, now that I think about it, this might have been about 6 years ago.

Anyway, long story short, I realized I should probably call 911, which I did, and they came pretty damn soon. Apparently it was close, too. My mother accidently overdosed on some medicine. Thank god everything turned out okay.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
    I was driving about a year ago and a truck on the other side of the road hit a bump. There was a loud BANG and I turned my head to see where it came from, before I knew it, the torn retread (the recycled tires 18-wheelers use in the inner parts of their trailer wheels) hit into my windshield and I lost control. This was on a highway and I was going between 60 and 70 in my Toyota AE86. I pulled back on the hand break as herd as I could because my break weren't responding. Part of the tire slamming the hood also apparently messed up one of the front wheels so I couldn't steer the car very well. I ended up skidding into the middle divider at about 20-25 MPH, so it could have been worse. I got out of the car and an off-duty officer pulled over to see if I was okay. I didn't notice at the time, but there were apparently a ton of small cuts on my face and arms when my window shattered.

I consider myself lucky, I walked out of it with just a few minor lacerations and a cracked rib. My car... Well it was in much worse shape. Bits of the magic retread that flew over the barrier got jammed under my car and ruined my break lines. It also bent my fender in on my wheel, which is why I couldn't turn, made my hood look like the hulk just used it as a strength tester and smashed my windshield. The car was totaled and my insurance covered it. The officer that helped me out managed to get the trucking company's logo and reported it. The trucking company had to pay for most of the damages but I ended up totaling the car.

It was really scary because I had just gotten my license at the time and was always afraid I would get in a high speed accident. However, I am actually less afraid now because I was able to handle the one I got into fairly well and walked out of it OK. It was still really scary at the time, though.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    At the game against Kentucky in 2011, we ended up losing and we were packing up our stuff to leave the stands. Well, most teams like to throw up fireworks every time they score. Kentucky didn't do that. Instead, they let a ton of them go off after winning. So I'm sitting here getting my stuff, minding my own business, when ALL OF A SUDDEN there's a **** ton of them going up RIGHT behind where we were. I dropped my stuff (thank goodness saxophones are held by neckstraps) and froze where I was. My section leader told me to go ahead and leave the stands and someone would pick up my stuff for me. So I start leaving ahead of everyone else, but once I got out of the stands and onto the ground to walk to the buses, the fireworks were right in front of me, and I just stood like a deer in headlights and then started to have a panic attack. Thankfully, my section leader wasn't too far behind me, so he came up and walked me over to the buses while trash talking the people shooting off the fireworks. Made me feel a bit better.

They had a fireworks show the other night at an exhibition and while it wasn't as bad, it was still going off as we warmed up in front of the crows and I started to cry while we we're in our arcs (we're not supposed to be moving and I'm pretty sure cringing and clinging to my saxophone counts as such OOPS). I was about to just burst into tears because I was terrified, but we started playing and the first note of Salvation really quelled my fears and drowned out the sound of the fireworks, so I was able to stable up and do what I was there for.

This probably sounds silly to some of you, cause fireworks are used for celebration and such, but I'm terrified by the loud noises and I was also burned by fireworks when I was young, so it's just really bad. It's kind of embarrassing really, cause people think it's so funny that I'm afraid of them and think I'm just overreacting. :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Over the summer my family went to Disney World. Now you're probably thinking, Disney, why Disney in a scary thread, well, we decided to ride Space Mountain. The ride itself wasn't scary, but I wear glasses because I have HORRIBLE vision. So bad, if I take my glasses off, I can only read text about half a foot in front of my face. So back to Space Mountain, that ride goes REALLY fast, in the dark, and it has a lot of sharp turns. I was sitting in the VERY FRONT. I had the idea to hold onto my glasses at a turn, but then stop holding onto them after that because I thought the ride had calmed down. Well I was wrong, we weren't even halfway done with Space Mountain. We took another sharp turn and woosh, bye-bye glasses. . . They just fell off my face >:0 What was supposed to be a fun thrill ride became a "I'm gonna diiieeeeeee!!" kinda ride >.> All those flashing lights became fuzzy and just ugh it was horrible, I was screaming and crying >.> We weren't able to get my glasses back because Staff said they only retrieved lost items when the ride was closed for maintenance or at the end of the day, and it was only about 10 AM, I couldn't go around the whole day blind because it was hindering my family, they had to guide me around. So we had to leave Magic Kingdom and find a Lenscrafter's that did one-hour glasses. It was a serious bummer because it took time out of the vacation, like four hours we could've spent having fun we spent traveling around Florida to get me new glasses :/

Sirfetch’d

I think this was about 4 years ago, since it happened in our old apartment, but my scariest moment was when I thought my mother was about to die. I was watching TV or whatever, when my mother sort of just stumbled into the living room, woozy, and then just fell over. I legit freaked out. She was unresponsive for a few minutes, and I was just shell shocked, cause it just happened out of nowhere. Then I came to my senses and grabbed the phone.

First thing my mind told me to do was call dad, since he'd left the house for work not too long ago, and I guess I wasn't thinking clearly. I guess my father had already entered the subway, cause he didn't pick up even though I'd called about four of five times, each call in tandem with an increasing panic in my voice. At that point, I saw my mother move, and me being me, I went to her and asked what was wrong. Hm, now that I think about it, this might have been about 6 years ago.

Anyway, long story short, I realized I should probably call 911, which I did, and they came pretty damn soon. Apparently it was close, too. My mother accidently overdosed on some medicine. Thank god everything turned out okay.

Idek how I would react in this situation. I mean, I would be so scared that I would probably be more of a hinderance than a help. I am not good with situations that involve family members in danger at all D:

Years
    I once had to pick up my sister at her bus stop when she got off school, and I had to walk about ten blocks or so in the middle of a flipping thunderstorm. Hardly anyone fears thunder and lightning, but each lightning strike packs about enough force to end a human life. And since the thunder was pretty loud.....yeah, unpleasant experience.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I was dating this girl last year and I went to a lock in last year with a couple of friends and my little brother. We were up all night, and this guy just randomly passes out early the next morning. The guy's dad hurriedly calls he paramedics and is freaking out. They come and pick the dude up as quickly as they can but it is not fast enough because we were in the country. I get back home a couple of hours later and I hear that the guy is dead. My brother and I were both traumatized for a while, but we're better now. Probably the worst day of my life. It wasn't that Iw as really scared ,though, I was just scared how my brother was reacting to the situation. I was thankful and thanked God that we are both normal now.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    There were three:

One happened on my family's trip to Cairo - I stepped out of line on a tour of one of the old mosques and went to climb one of the minarets. I tripped while climbing the stairs and I almost fell backwards down all those stairs, but I did sprain my wrist. My parents had been looking for me for quite a while when I was found.

The second was when I got my appendix removed. It was so painful after the operation was over.

The third was when I chipped a tooth. I don't like talking about it.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    The first three things that would qualify as my answer are matters that I would prefer not to explain here.

The most recent "scary" thing occurred some weeks ago.
    I found the crushed and twisted remains of a dog on some railroad tracks. I had noticed it from far away and wanted to check it out. Not-particularly-long story short, apparently there was someone standing at the edge of the woods (which were only a few yards away) watching me. That itself isn't a big deal, but considering things that have happened in those woods, it wasn't very pleasant.
    Didn't help matters that when I tried to back away after realizing that they were there, I accidentally made a lot of noise by unintentionally kicking a bunch of rocks. (So I couldn't hear them if they were moving around in the trees.)
    My curiosity overpowered my fear, though, and I stayed long enough to identify the corpse as that of a dog.

Years
    I almost got hit by a car once a few years back. It was real close too. I would have been killed if I got hit by this car, with how fast it was going. I think about it from time to time, and how lucky I was to have been missed. Scariest moment of my life.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
    Oh geez, let's see. . .

Once when I was really young I almost pulled a vending machine down on myself. I somehow was strong enough to push it back up, though, before it crushed my at-the-time-tiny body.
    Another thing when I was really young, was that I watched a lot of horror movies. So, of course because of my very active imagination, I started to think that I would see this freaky not-quite-but-looks-similar-to-the-Crypt Keeper thing in the bathtub when I went to take a leak at night. So of course, every time, I would stand there for about five minutes and stare at the shower curtain. Five minutes. Every. Damn. Time.
    I have good bladder control, now. :I

Oh, and one time I was walking through this really old building (It was a bookstore, by the way.), and I found this unlocked door back in the 'Do Not Enter' area. (Okay, don't be judgin'.) Well, I opened the door, and lo-and-behold it was an infinitely interesting storage room! However, the lights were flickering, and I **** you not, the was a goddamn shadowy figure in the corner of the room. I couldn't see any features or anything, but I swear, that thing was looking at me.
    Needless to say I closed the door back.

But honestly, I'm reckless.
    Things that people would deem 'scary' are more thrilling, in my book.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
    Last month, while I was with a close friend who was driving the car around 3am in the morning, he had to slow down for a bit due to some car being parked in the middle of the freeway (though it probably is an accident or something), and as we passed by that scene, all of a sudden we heard a loud bang as a few incoming cars crashed into that same car. We don't know what happened afterwards, but the entire time we were on the freeway, it looked dead for a long time. At least, on a more positive note, my friend and I survived unharmed.

And another car scene from 3 years ago, this time involving a fraternity brother. I asked him if he was truly ok (since it would be unwise for him to run the risk of drunk driving), so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He decided to drop me off somewhere and all of a sudden, I was aware that he was still drunk. Even worse, this was during the time he was driving downhill. I asked him that since he was under the influence, I'd handle the driving. He said "he got it", but I was serious when I asked. Even though I told him to slow down, he didn't, and ended up crashing into the end divider, and I told him he should've given me his keys. He then parked for a bit and simply felt pissed, which I could understand. I asked him again to allow me to handle it, but he declined.

Still, he managed to drop me off without any problems, but that moment was scary as hell. At least, he didn't get pulled over by a cop, but then again...for my part, welcome to fraternity life.

Last edited:
    Back