• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scariest Pokemon?

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
    dunsparce. i swear, one day, the earth will start to shake. and people will see millions and millions of dunsparce popping out of the ground, and crush everything in their paths.
    i can easily see dunsparce taking over the world =P

Ashe~

Butterflies
    Years
    Gengar, in my opinion.

It has those eyes that says I want to kill you and the smile like it is going to kill you D:

Years
    Kingler and ditto;
    Kingler,because I was bitten snipped by a crab when I was six D;
    and Ditto,becuase it can transform into anything :\
    ... Also Dittos creepy face in the first Pokemon series episode it starred in.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    houndoom because of the horns uggh it is creeped escpecially in 2nd gen.he breth fire too

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Some Pokemon that creeped me out and/or gave me nightmares in my childhood:

Gengar, Electabuzz, & Elekid.

I still find Gengar kind'a creepy, with those red eyes and all.

As far as sprites go, Exeggutor from the original games.
    Scariest Pokemon?

Years
    regirock. he's not scary in the game, but just imagine if he took a stroll through your neighborhood at night...the ground would shake...he'd be making those low grunting sounds...his eyes(or whatever those braille dots are) would be lit up...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Well... every Pokemon really, provided we're on about Green Version's sprites.
    It really depends how they're drawn on whether they're even scary at all; I've got a nice image set with all Pokemon up to gen 2 drawn in traditional Japanese painting style and some are proper freakish, and burly ones like Ursaring would be mighty intimidating to encounter.
    I'm sure if Pokemon were real, we wouldn't have children combating them, since even ignoring their appearances, many of the older ones' original dex entry descriptions are quite sinister.

Kinda amusing that using the Sylph scope just reveals the ghost to be pretty much a similarly ghastly creature, which funnily enough is conveniently named Ghastly.

I'll go with Missingno personally, I can just imagine this giant hyperdimensional abomination beyond human comprehension that warps the fabric of space wherever it moves and so on so forth. I know it's not a real Pokemon, but come on, it's awesome.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Definitely Metagross.

It's like a crab monster from the mirror universe!

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
    Banette freaks me out. It's a junked doll that seeks its owner, hides in dark alleys, and sticks pins in itself to lay curses for revenge. Pleasant, right?

~Prof. W.

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
    I can't think from the top of my head -- But if I HAD to name one with my limited mental space - Haunter.

On Crystal Haunter will commonly become my lead Pokemon -- But Playing Blue recently and seeing his old sprite...

He looks like he's going to start laughing and keep laughing until I don't hear anything anymore.

Back