• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scenario X - An Illegal Delicacy

Years
  • What would you do?
    A fun little discussion here in Pokémon General where you discuss what you would do in certain scenarios!

What is this about?
    These are simply about hypothetical scenarios that would occur to you if you were in the Pokemon World (or not!). This is pretty much the entire premise of WWYD (What Would You Do); that is, what would you do in a given scenario? Remember that there are no right or wrong answers, just your thoughts!
    Can I suggest some scenarios, too?
    Of course you can! In fact, we highly encourage you to! Feel free to PM your ideas to colours or Brendino!
    What would you do in this scenario?
    It's just a regular afternoon, and you're taking a stroll through the forest behind your home. You've never seen any other people in the forest, but always plenty of Pokemon- particularly Slowpoke near the lake in the middle. Today however, you notice a bunch of them missing their tails, and you quickly spy a Team Rocket member chopping them off on the other side of the lake.

Horrified by the situation, you don't even notice a tall man in a dark suit walk up behind you. You think you recognize him, but the Rocket logo on his blazer gave him away. He offers you a very hefty sum of money to keep quiet about this operation, and even a small cut of the profits every time they come back for more Slowpoke tails. You know that no one will find out if you keep your mouth shut, but if you let authorities know, then not only would the Slowpoke be able to live in peace and quiet after this incident, but Team Rocket won't be hanging around your home any more.

What would you do?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Inform the authorities of course, Slowpoke are being injured for greed. not alright.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Take the money and pretend to keep quiet. Hide the money and then let the authorities know of their activities and the bribing. Profit + doing the good thing.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • Take the money, and leak it anonymously to a reliable source, and move out of the vicinity, probably even the region to be safe for the time being.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Take the money, pretend to be cool and quiet about it. When the Rockets leave you alone long enough, head for Officer Jenny/Gym Leader(s) and inform them of the situation, then layer donate cash to Local Pokemon Centers who are treating the damaged Slowpoke. :3

It's simply the intelligent thing to do.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    Grab the one behind me, shoot him in the lake, get to the other, do the same and tell the autorities. And say they should patrol this area.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    I would force him to a Pokemon battle, winning and taking that money as price money. If those rascals won't run from my loyal Pokemon team, I'll inform the authorities. (the situation doesn't say I have or don't have Pokemon accompany me and in the Pokemon world it is handy to have loyal Pokemon around you).

Back