• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School chit-chat 2

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *bumps the old thread*

So... anyone here takes physics? Okay I'll assume that someone out there takes it... Does anyone know how to find the focal lengths of the lens in a graph of Di vs Do? (Di = distance of image, Do = distance of object)? I'll love you so much if you know how to! ^_^;

(People in Ontario can stop reading now and exit the thread)

Anyone here read the Merchant of Venice before? If you do... how about giving lil' Frosty some annotation of yours from Act 1 Scene 1-3?

*is being greedy asking for so much homework help*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I doubt you'll fail grade 6... =P Recently, most school boards won't allow anyone to fail a grade and will bump you ahead even if you should stay back. They only make acceptions in special cases, such as with one of my friends who was in the hospital for about 8 of the 10 months of the school year... she was held back since she had missed so much of the curriculum. @_@;

As for your homework predicament, Frosty, I'm afraid I can't help, lol. (Although, I do plan on taking physics in grade 11 X3)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Yes... I know you can't Lightning as Merchant of Venice is one of the banned books in Ontario (due to discrimination against Shylock who is a jew), and that you're in grade 9 so you won't be taking physics... but I think we do have a few other 15 year olds (or older) here...? One of those many must have taken physics before... ._.;

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Well I have kinda taken physics... last year. But sorry... I can't help with your question. See I took an intro to chem and physics last year. So it was only a half year of physics and we didn't get into lenses... but I really hated that class. I almost failed it! My first test grade was a 25%... that was the first test I had ever failed in my life! At least for school. Physics... even an intro to it... is too hard for freshman to take... at least it was for me last year! So once again... sorry I can't help you there...

Isaac 1

Greatest NINJA swordsman
    Years
    have any of you ever ditched before. I always used to ditch. until a truant officer cuaght me

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *time to whine some more*

Well... today is certainly not of satisfactory in terms of school. Got news of more tests throughout the week (total of 4 tests + 2 labs now). Got my french test back and the mark is so low that I'm so glad that I signed up for Summer school... ;_;

Physics lab and test tomorrow so have to work work work!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    *time to whine some more*

Well... today is certainly not of satisfactory in terms of school. Got news of more tests throughout the week (total of 4 tests + 2 labs now). Got my french test back and the mark is so low that I'm so glad that I signed up for Summer school... ;_;

Physics lab and test tomorrow so have to work work work!

-_-.. My mother is going to kick me out of the house when ever she comes home :(... I'm taking summer school too, but just for Chemistry I so I can get that over with.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Ahh...I'm finnaly free of zchool electionz for the year ^___^
    Cept' now I have to go to tryoutz for the zwim team tomarrow *.*
    My gradez are finnaly up a little, I'm ztill lacking a little in zcience but that'z juzt becauze I didn't turn in alot of my homework on time. I'v actually brought my book home tonight zo hopefully I can get that ztuff done and bring my grade up a little^_^.

Zorry to hear that guyz, when I get bad gradez I'm alwayz afraid to zhow my mom and ezpecially my ztepdad zo I juzt ztart working really hard zo I don't have to zhow them bad gradez anymore >_<

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    @_@ I'm kinda losing it in science and my mark has been steadily dropping since the beginning of the year. (I think it's at 87 now... and I have to get it to at LEAST a 90 before the end of the course so that if I do roughly as well as I did on my other exams... then I'll end up with a mark in the mid-80s.) x.o;;

I've never ditched (although it's called "skipping" here). I really don't see the point in it. Why miss a class to go do what you could do afterschool or on the weekend? =\ You're just digging your own grave. But then, I've always been sort of the "good girl"... who would never dream of doing something like that. ._.;; Besides, even on the days where everyone skips (such as just before holidays)... I still come to school because it's fun to be one of the only people there (and because my teachers always schedule tests <<).

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    I skipped.. Lighty you should try it!! NO I'm Not Influencing you ^_^. Your Good Lighty, and thats what makes you you, Erica, bearer of Light!(ning)

I wish my school was fun like yours in the sense of learning, i Just go there to get yelled at.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Skipping is just "not right" and it's in my OSA Blood not to skip (skip = ditch)... As missing one class will take you quite awhile to catch up again. As if my marks are not low enough, I really don't need to skip to make my marks even worst...

*panics over his physics test/lab tomorrow*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *even more whining time*

... restarting an assignment for the 4th time because of the 4th major error you've committed is just not pretty at all... I'm so sick and tired of lens that I would have killed the guy who invented them (but luckily for him I need my glasses so he gets to be spared).

... and where's Latiosspud when I need him the most...? I have a test on French/English relationships in Canada on Wednesday... he would be the perfect guy to ask. o.o;

*panics for physics test*

prophecy of tonight: will not be sleeping at least until after 1...

Back