• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Scizor Wi-fi Event

Years
    Ok, so, here's a link to what I'm on about:

https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Is it just me or does this Scizor sound a bit naff?

I mean, it knows no special moves | any Scizor can have those.

It also has the rubbishey "Swarm" ability instead of "Technician" and probably won't unlock anything.

Does anybody disagree with me that the only thing it'll be good for is trading to collectors and getting pokedex data?

Electrovenom

Often lost in thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2010
    I don't see much point in this event myself. If it was shiny or had a special move then I would unxerstand it more. The only thing good coming out of this would probably being able to say 'Look, my Scizor in a Cherish ball!'

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Well who knows, maybe down the road it will unlock an event in Black and White... But for now it sounds pretty lame ha.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    For an event Pokemon it does sound pretty... underwhelming. An even though I doubt it, there may be some use for it in B & W. But like I said, I doubt it.

Rain

Years
    Lame event, but I will get it anyway.
    I agree with those who don't think it will unlock anything in B&W.
    If it did unlock something, it probably would have been mentioned on the main site.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    Lame, but I will get it just because my friend is weird and doesn't even know what a cherish ball or an event is. haha

falconpunch94

Pokémon Collector
    Years
    I don't mind too much as I only just got Soul Silver and love Scizor, but as an event it is pretty poor...

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Yeah, for an event Pokémon it's pretty lame...it doesn't even seem to know any moves that it can't already learn. But, it does represent something in the movie, so I guess that's something.
    If anything I'll get it for the berry :P

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    If anything I'll get it for the berry :P
    This.

The event itself seems pretty low, but if anything I'll just get it for the Starf Berry. I doubt it'll have any connection with Black and White though. It just seems to me like a promotion for the 13th movie if anything else. It could possibly have some connection or in-game event to Black and White, but I guess that depends on its role in the movie.

Regardless, it seems kind of lousy that they chose Swarm over Technician, gave one attacking movie (that it can already learn on its own) and the rest of moves are status boosters. :\ In a way, I understand them choosing Swarm to boost X-Scissors power with Swords Dance in use, but still, doesn't seem all worthwhile for much.

Years
    Serebii said:

Spoiler:

I don't need this, unless it unlocks something worthwhile.

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    It will unlock something. That's the only reason I'm getting it.

Back