• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scizor's gonna snipe you [OU RMT]

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
  • Okay guys, so I got tired of my old OU team. I made it when I first learned about competitive battling and didn't know much. I felt like that team had many things that I could have improved on, but in the end it would be better to just start from scratch. So I started to make a new team. I've had several battles on Shoddy today and this team has been successful with a fair number of wins and losses. I'm hoping that after I get it rated it won't have many problems.

Quick Glance:
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Swampert (M) @ Relaxed
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam
    - Roar
    - Earthquake

In making my team, I knew that entry hazards would be essential to my sweep. I decided on Swampert because of it's bulk, ability to set up Stealth Rock. Ice Beam allows me to hit Anti-Lead Dragonite and Earthquake helps me hit Metagross and Heatran leads. Roar helps out against Pokemon that depend on setting up, it also adds up residual damage thanks to Stealth Rock.

---

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 64 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Close Combat
    - Flamethrower
    - Grass Knot
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

I chose Infernape to me my Mixed Sweeper. He's my main Blissey counter since I don't want to bring Scizor out unless it's to Revenge Kill. Close Combat takes care of most Rock and Dark types. Grass Knot is used to pose an immediate threat on incoming Swamperts and other bulky waters and Flamethrower. I chose Flamethrower over Fire Blast because of it's reliable accuracy. Plus, after a Nasty Plot Flamethrower can pretty much sweep anything that isn't resistant to it. Hidden Power [Ice\ helps out against Dragons that otherwise Scizor would have to handle himself.

---

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Waterfall
    - Dragon Dance

This guy is a beast once he sets up Dragon Dance. I usually try to DD on the switch. After one Dragon Dance Earthquake takes out most Electric types that pose a threat, unless they manage to outspeed me. Stone Edge does a crap load of damage to any Flying types that may be giving the rest of my team trouble. Waterfall is for STAB and the flinch hax is something that I can NOT give up since it's saved me a couple of times today xD

---

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [FIre]
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt

Gengar is a vital part of this team as he is able to block Spinners that try to get rid of my precious Spikes. Thunderbolt helps take out any bulky waters that Infernape's Grass Knot can't handle. Shadow Ball is an awesome STAB that helps out with other Ghosts and Pcychic types. Focus Blast lets me beat the crap out of and Rock or Normal types that keep causing me trouble. Hidden Power [Fire] comes in handy when taking out Scizor, who otherwise can Pursuit me, and SpD Forretress who ould have given Latias some problems.

---

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Recover

Latias works really well with my Scizor. It resists all of Scizor's counters making it a great member of this team. Surf helps in taking out Heatran who just loves to come in on Scizor locked into Pursuit. Thunderbolt helps me take out Starmie who can easily knock out Infernape and Gyarados if it manages to outspeed them. I chose Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor because I didn't like the -2 SpA decrease which (in my opinion) lessens Latias's ability to sweep. Recover is in the last slot so I can recover from Life Orb recoil and stay in the game longer to help Scizor out.

---

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

Here's the star of the team!! Scizor has been my favorite Pokemon every since I tried out it's Choice Band set. Scizor works nicely with Latias as it can absorb attacks from it's counters. My main use for this guy is to revenge kill. Pursuit allows me to KO Starmie, Gengar, and the Rotom appliances. Bullet Punch is a nice STAB priority attack that can KO many Pokemon instantly. Superpower is on here to take things out like Blissey or Tyranitar that can make sweeping difficult for my team. U-turn is another nice STAB attack that allows me to scout my opponents team.

---

And that's my team! I'm hoping to get some good rates here so that I can improve this team. Hopefully I included enough explanations for each Pokemon to make it easy for my raters.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    I like this alot but on infernape why use grass knot may not work out in the long run what about foe's that weigh less then you have no 4 th move to use which could really destroy you

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I like this alot but on infernape why use grass knot may not work out in the long run what about foe's that weigh less then you have no 4 th move to use which could really destroy you

Grass Knot is fine. It's mainly for Swampert anyway...

Ok, here we go. RATE TIME.

So, Forry = bad lead if you ask me. But I'll let you stick with it, but use this set over that one, it's much superior.

Forretress@Leftovers
    Careful / Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Payback

SR is possibly the MOST important entry hazard on all teams, therefore you must have it. EV spread is DA's one that is meant to take Special hits better and it works wonders. Payback dood...Rotom is such a common switch-in that you'll need something to hit it with. ~_~ You're completely walled with your current set.

Sorry, but I must go now...I'll see what else I can do later. D:

EDIT: Oh yeah, CBScizor =/= Revenge Killer unless you plan to use Boolet Punch to do so. :/ You're speed will be about 137 with that spread dood (I believe that's correct at least). (Or Pursuit of course if you're causing a switch)

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • EDIT: Oh yeah, CBScizor =/= Revenge Killer unless you plan to use Boolet Punch to do so. :/ You're speed will be about 137 with that spread dood (I believe that's correct at least). (Or Pursuit of course if you're causing a switch)

Besides spamming U-Turn, revenge killing is Scizor's main role lol.

Anyway, use Hasty on Gengar. Timid is making Explosion hit for less damage, which is never good when the Blissey lure is essential for Latias. Also, Gengar does not absorb Toxic Spikes.

I would also replace Nasty Plot with Hidden Power Ice on Infernape. Your team can handle Waters well enough, but outside of Scizor's bullet Punch, nothing is stopping Dragon-types from mowing you down. Being able to hit them and prevent them from setting up would be nice.

You have an enormous Tyranitar weakness though, Scizor has a lot of trouble switching in on the CBer and taking its Stone Edges (they will essentially take Scizor out of the game), and Bariri Berry can keep the DDer alive too. I would replace Forretress with Swampert to help check it (and if it fails Scizor can always finish the job). It gives you Stealth Rock (which you currently lack) and a good Tyranitar and Electivire counter (since electivire is a tad troubling atm).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Also i recommend Hidden Power Fire >> Explosion on Gengar so you can pose an immediate threat to S.Def Payback Forry who can easily eliminate Gengar and doesnt even get 2hko'd by LO Focus Blast, this also nails Scizor switch ins. S.Def forry also walls Latias well, so will have a few opportunities to spin away your Spikes if Payback connects with Gengar, just bear that in mind.

Though i generally agree with Anti about Swampert, since T-Wave + Flamethrower Blissey has a good chance to cripple your entire team lol. Stealth Rock/Earthquake/Ice Beam/Yawn works well on offensive teams, as you can keep Yawning after you set up rocks and force them to let a pokemon get slept.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Another option for Swampert is Roar. you can use it over protect to PHaze set-up sweepers, like Jolly DDGyara which kinda gives trouble to your team after it DDs.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I agree, on swapping Swarmpert for Foretress, however, if you want to keep Swarmpert, have; Yawn?, Ice Beam, Roar, Stealth Rock.
    Earthquake is a must on Swampert as it is his main STAB move, and it allows him to beat what he usually checks (Tyranitar, Jolteon, etc.). What he has now is fine, but Roar vs Yawn depends on him.

Change

Sandstorm team expert.
    Years
  • Earthquake is a must on Swampert as it is his main STAB move, and it allows him to beat what he usually checks (Tyranitar, Jolteon, etc.). What he has now is fine, but Roar vs Yawn depends on him.

Now that you mention it, Roar would be better in case the off chance you come up against a sleep talker. Then you can secure damage with SR.

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
  • I've been using Roar on Swampert and it's been very useful. After setting up Stealth Rock, I either sweep whatever is out or use Roar to check out their team and prepare a strategy for it.

Back