• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Scrafty] VS Zoroark

Scrafty or Zoroark?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sector

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Zoroark doesn't have the best defense, and I've seen Scrafty sweep teams before. Even with the signature move & ability, Zoroark is my favorite due to her fox traits. But I determine these votes by battling, and to win, Scrafty by far. Fighting type moves is all Scrafty needs to KO Zoroark!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm not the biggest fan of Scrafty, but I did use one for a large part of my runthrough in Black and it did have its uses. Its typing is very cool, and it has some good moves and all... I just wish it would pull its trousers up! Also, Scrafty reminds me of Scarfy, so that's a plus!

Since I've never really used Zoroark and don't know enough about it to judge it on purely aesthetic grounds, I can't really vote for it even if I hated Scrafty.

Years
  • Without a doubt, Zoroark.
    Zoroark is one of the few Pokemon I loved in B&W. It isn't that I have Scrafty, but the design on Zoroark wins me over.​

BlaqJester

Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    I'd say Scrafty purely of its character and design. Zoroark is tough I can't lie about that. No discrimination here

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2012
    I picked Zoroark because it looks a lot cooler IMO, also its Illusion ability can be pretty helpful in competitive battling. Also if your opponent sees through Zoroarks disguise it's still a great attacker and makes a pretty good sweep Pokemon :D.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • I tend to base my likes and dislikes of pokemon based on their appearances. I would have to say Scrafty is the better choice for competitive battle, but I prefer Zoroark. I love the werewolf concept and bipedal-canine design. I immediately thought of a poorly-made fakemon when I saw Scrafty; although it was not quite as horrendous, the battle sprite and design of Scrafty reminded me of a Pokemon Quartz sprite when I first saw it. SO...Zoruark gets the vote!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The design of Zoroark is what really won me over. I love Scraggy, but even when I trained one I never wanted to evolve it into Scrafty. No doubt it's a cool Pokémon with a great typing and a nice pool of moves, but I've never been a fan of Scrafty to be honest. Scraggy definitely, but Scrafty, eeh.

So ultimately Zoroark wins this battle for me. However, as cool looking and powerful as Zoroark may be, it's move pool is seriously lacking; something I'm hoping B2/W2 will work on.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
  • While Scrafty is growing on me and I'll admit it'd most certainly best Zoroark in a battle, my vote goes to Zoroark. It has a much more wicked design and I'm most certainly more fond of using it. Illusion as an ability is also great fun for tripping up those unwary trainers, hehe.

That being said, I'm willing to give any and all Dark-types the benefit of the doubt. No exceptions. :)

Years
  • Scrafty!
    I just love it, strong, fast, cool movepool...and looks awesome :D
    Spr_5b_560_s.png

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Scrafty! Zoroark never interested me and Scrafty has been amazing in-game and it used to be one of my favourites due to how well it was designed and such. :3

28k.

Cid

Years
  • Zoroark. I was not expecting this canine to be the underdog, but I can guess his appearance in the main games, or rather the lack thereof, turned people off. I still like it even though I never used it, besides Scrafty hasn't really grown on me yet. I've used Mienshao as my Fighting-type in-game many times, sadly. And -ty- talking about Zoroark's werewolf concept brings one of the initial traits I liked about the furry creature.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Zoroark, I don't particularly like it but Scrafty is just unbearable... I can't stand this Pokémon, and its pre-evolution neither. Moreover its design is ugly, ridiculous and boring.
    And Zoroark is pretty interesting I guess.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Luckily Scrafty wins! unstickying now. :x Little bit late since I've been busy today and yesterday I had things on basically from late afternoon onwards. But yeaaah!

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
    Years
  • I choose Scrafty. :I Zoroark has a cool ability (Illusion) but lacks Scrafty's diverse move pool and cute stats. I've used a Zoroark for cb before and it fell quite short of all its hype. Scrafty however has the move pool to back up its nice attack stat, particularly it's access to Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Dragon Dance, and a useful ability. <3

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    This is a really tough choice for me.
    Scrafty is an unstoppable beast with "Bulk Up (or Dragon Dance)", "Drain Punch", and "Moxie", but there's one thing that makes Zoroark such a nasty force on par with Scrafty and that's "Illusion".

So as tough as this choice is... I'm going to say Zoroark. He's a great deceiver, easily confuses opponents, and his "Illusion" ability gives him a higher survival rate than Scrafty on turn one.
    Also, Zoroark IMO is the perfect standard for Dark Pokemon. I look at Zoroark as the Master of Deceit, and I like to think that Dark Pokemon are mainly focused on Tricks and Sabotage. Zoroark also has a very comfortable and fairly diverse move pool, he plays like a pro on a few different competitive teams I've used.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Scrafty is an AWESOME MONSTER! Mine survived an explosion with High Yellow Health! His defenses are great! And if you get one or two Dragon Dances in, he will become unstoppable, and constantly gaining boosts from Moxie.

Zoroark is Quick, and Strong. He can be a both Physical and Special Sweeper. His ability is awesome. However, he is very frail. He cannot afford to take a single hit. One fighting or Bug attack and he is done.

Your choice.

Back