• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
That is A LOT better!
Great job! :D

If you're in need of a good image editing program, I recommend Paint.NET. It's not as good as Photoshop or GIMP, but it's free and easier to use than GIMP imo.

Thanks. I'll work on the smooth edges now. I already use photoshop for all my graphical work and MS paint for simple vector graphics.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
In my opinion, there should be a thread dedicated to showing off videos (Similar to the screenshot thread), because videos can be used to capture more nifity concepts. Buuuut until that point, I feel like showing off this little thingy I made (It took me an hour to get the event kinks worked out). The sequence is from Touhoumon Underground, a side project to Faith & Prayer Version

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
screens_by_glitchdoodles-d7du4a6.png

Four Screenshots from the game I'm currently working on.
I don't have a thread, and don't feel ready for one yet, so I thought best post it here instead.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Eh, I tried them, and well, they're too big.
HGSS and BW. :/

Personally, I think you should use a custom overworld with the same size as the Gen 3 overworlds.
It gives your game a better originality, which sets it apart from other games.

I agree you shouldn't use Gen 4 or 5 overworlds. They are way too big for the tile-style you're using.

Either stick to Gen3 or make your own.

As for the screenshots themselves, they look really great.
IMO you should use the red and blue text for the names too, though. It's kind of ugly with the grey/black and red/blue text beside each other.

I also think you should make the shadows under the tree a bit higher. They don't look right, considering the angle of the trunk of the tree.

You should also make some custom log fence, to replace the original FRLG ones in the first and seconds screnshot or recolor the ones you have.
The colors in the original is way too gray compared to the rest of your tiles.

Good luck!

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
The first two PkMn Commanders of Pokémon Chaos with new mugshots and updated sprites:

Spoiler:

These look really good, the sprites are very well done and I particularly like the battle scene. The only thing I might criticise is how pixelated the corners of the message box look, I would personally have them as smooth circular corners to match the crisp aesthetic of the scene.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
@Babydialga Looks good, but this is entirely the wrong thread for it.

Maruno says: It's the right thread now. Just report misplaced posts in future, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Been playing a bit with game development in java. Ignore the yellow box&circle, its just where i'm testing collisions

20rmsk8.jpg

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
But anyway, any tips on the interface?

The interface looks good but you should work a bit more on the buttons, I mean, the idea is great but they look very pixelated specially in the curved borders, and the letters are completely irregular, also the background of the buttons doesn't fit with the collors of the button.
I like the layout but you should work a bit more on the graphical quality.

Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
This is a script I've been working on latelly, it's an ocarina of time like script for playing a song and activate certain events :3

snag_1.png

Lenin_

"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. I
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 19, 2016
This is a script I've been working on latelly, it's an ocarina of time like script for playing a song and activate certain events :3

snag_1.png

I am actually quite satisfied to see something like this! For example: "Blow the flute to summon Arceus" Bla bla, Really nice job!

Been spriting and programming lately to make a starter kit for x and y using h-mod for the 3d look :p

Example of the map:
osIOLOF.png

Last edited:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Been messing around with overworld functionality, and made a quick-and-dirty Littleroot town to do so. Nothing's going to come of it, but I figured since people were looking at 3D options, I'd post it. (It's definitely not something I'd release, especially since I used flat roofs where it's supposed to be slanted, but I felt that others might find it interesting)

View attachment 72097

View attachment 72098

View attachment 72099

Edit: Spruced up the roofs, re-textured the grass, added blank cubes where the trees would be.
View attachment 72140

Last edited:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
This is actually looking really nice, and I'm assuming this is made with Unity right?
Yup; I'm working on a non-Pokemon project, but I wanted to test out how the overworld would look using Pokemon graphics since our art lead hasn't finished any overworld assets yet. Theoretically I'll put all the code relevant to a Pokemon game together so that people can use it later, but that's months away from even being considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back