• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screw this, I'm outta here.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I've stopped playing two games after getting so angry at them due to the fact that I was completely stuck.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - "Dance, water! Dance!" I don't know if I was just underleveled for that fight against Demyx or if I just was not getting the reaction command. Either way, I could not get past that fight, and I haven't touched Kingdom Hearts 2 in years. I don't have any current plans to go back and try again.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - I was just too underleveled for the final boss, and no matter how much I tried, I couldn't power through. I might try this one again, when I don't have such a huge backlog of games to play through.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've had a few ragequits before, but I don't think that I've ever permanently put down a game for difficulty reason. Though at this point I've basically given up on ever defeating Baal in Disgaea D2.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - "Dance, water! Dance!" I don't know if I was just underleveled for that fight against Demyx or if I just was not getting the reaction command. Either way, I could not get past that fight, and I haven't touched Kingdom Hearts 2 in years. I don't have any current plans to go back and try again.
    That is like one of the worst boss fights I've ever had to do too =(
    Dunno how I ever beat it

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I might have said those exact words when playing Sin & Punishment.

And Sonic & Secret Rings. Not because it was a difficult game, but the borked controls made it difficult.

Neither game I finished. I walked away

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • While I've always liked the idea of Natural Selection 2, it doesn't run well enough on any PC I know to justify playing a game the so clearly favors one side to the other.

I stopped playing Dead Space during the part where you have to move the big crystal thing across an infested room. It gives you no ammo and I didn't have the money to buy any, so this was impossible for me.

I stopped playing Dark Souls 2 the moment I realized I knew nothing about the game, its leveling or weapons system, and the fact that half of what should have been instructive text was just small images.

Years
  • Cave Story. God, it's really not an easy game >.< I've died so many times. Luckily I can always restart the level, it seems, but when you've tried the same level 10 times and kept dying, you just want to quit and go do something else for a while. Or forever.

Years
  • Have you ever been so frustrated by a game that you never want to play it again? Did you ragequit permanently, or come back to the game at a later date? What is your typical response to extremely difficult and frustrating moments in video games? Share your stories.

I have 2 stories of ragequitting. The first story is about this beautifully made computer video game made of perfect, unglitchy gameplay and graphics:

Screw this, I'm outta here.

I played this during the age of dial-up internet, so I was really quite young then, and little-me got super stuck at the part where there were floating moving bookshelves or platforms and I had to jump from one to the other. Which would have been fine if I'd been better at the controls and if Peeves hadn't kept shoving me off. Little-me was in tears for hours and I eventually gave up. Tragic, it was.

The second game is Skyrim.
    Long story short: a glitch around Riften has rendered my game completely unplayable/un-completable unless I reload a save 50 hours prior to my current stage in the game. 50 hours of gameplay back. Nope.

I can't face it so I've just sort of stopped playing.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    SONIC RUSH. i think it was just me because this game seems to have amazing reviews but i couldn't and still can't beat level one. it's extremely sad and everytime i play the game i get pissed.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I don't think I've ever ragequit permanently from a game before. Like, sure if I do get frustrated I will try it again and again till I complete it because I want to get the game done.
    If I ever do quit a game permanently it will be more from bordom than from frustration. Frustration sometimes makes me want to play it more.

I guess if it could count, I have ragequit off of TF2 several times when I absolutely cannot revenge kill someone who is dominating me. Knowing that there is someone who is way above my level, I more or less give up and stop playing for a while and then come back. That person will probably not be there, but at least it means I can play again until I find under person like that ... I guess?

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • Even with some of the ridiculously difficult games I've played, I very rarely rage quit. Some examples would have to be Myst, which I was playing the psp version of. Still need to go back to that one and finish it, actually! There was also a ps2 game called Evergrace, which was a really good game, but a stupid younger me got caught up on the statue of the feet on the female protag's story. And the Morpheus battle with Darius. Oh! And Valhalla Knights 2 on the PSP, but that was only because I got sick and tired of running back and forth for 20 minutes, constantly.

Relevant: (warning strong language)
    Spoiler:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Beyond Good and Evil, the final boss. Low amount of Tacos and what not to regain health, and then there's that bullshit mid 2000s lets reverse the controls and blur the screen "difficulty" midway. I swore to beat the game, and I yet have never done so. Maybe one day.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Starfox 64, the dang space station right outside Venom. Where you have to fight Star Wolf's crew the second time.

Friggin' Falco, and Peppy, got their ships wrecked in the previous mission. NOT just because I didn't keep people off them, but because they legit kept getting into trouble while I was trying to dodge physical objects. So naturally, being wrecked on that mission - they were missing from the Space Station fight. Leeeet me tell you, why Slippy Toad is not the ace pilot of Star Fox team. That frog didn't keep squat off me - asked for help every 2 seconds from the Star Wolf Lizard guy, and got shot down in about 2 minutes of their team appearing. Leaving me to fight all 4 by myself, which - is really frustratingly difficult. Especially on that second fight where they're halfway decent pilots.

I've given up entire runs on that game due to hitting a wall on that dang space station level.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh wait I do remember a couple that I put down permanently because difficulty: Sonic Heroes and Metroid Prime 2.

It's not the levels or the bosses in Sonic Heroes that made me quit (though that one level with the giant crocodile was annoying), it was gathering the Chaos Emeralds. Those bonus stages where you gotta chase the goddamn things was so annoying. So hard to catch them.

For Metroid Prime 2, it's the Spider Ball Guardian. I hate that thing. There's no save point anywhere near it, and it's such a pain the the ass to fight; Morph Ball wasn't made for speed and precision, guys.

The strange thing is that I have actually beaten those things before, but years ago. Nowadays I'm like "how the hell did I do this before?".

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've had those moment so many times, I've literally lost count.

If I remember right, one game I wound up quitting due to frustration and whatnot would be Call of Duty: Black Ops II, but only for a little while (would be around a week, if I'm not mistaken). I'm all right at CoD, but not precisely an expert however, and getting used to all their new features, mechanics, maps, and so forth was sort of a tough experience on my end, causing me to drop it all-together and take some time to sink it all in. When I'd started playing again, however, it, thankfully, was not much of an issue; I was able to adapt.

Aside from this, few other games I have had similar occurrences are Battlefield 3 (I'm not much of big follower of this series any longer, unfortunately), Super Smash Brothers Melee, and F-Zero X (became a big fan of it after I'd started playing again, and still am one).

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Oh, I urge anyone who is a fan of FPS games to give Killzone 2 a try on Elite difficulty. It's the most difficult FPS setting I've ever come across. Just a few notes: There is no cross hair, you have to manually aim or spray. Enemies are far more accurate than your average FPS baddies. There are a few bosses in that game that will leave a few whipping their controller about and begging for mercy, the ATAC and the Col. receptively. If you thought Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Medal of Honor was tough on the hardest settings, Killzone 2 grabs all of those 'hard' and 'difficult' games and just. . . hurls them out the window because they aren't extreme enough.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Starfox 64, the dang space station right outside Venom. Where you have to fight Star Wolf's crew the second time.

Friggin' Falco, and Peppy, got their ships wrecked in the previous mission. NOT just because I didn't keep people off them, but because they legit kept getting into trouble while I was trying to dodge physical objects. So naturally, being wrecked on that mission - they were missing from the Space Station fight. Leeeet me tell you, why Slippy Toad is not the ace pilot of Star Fox team. That frog didn't keep squat off me - asked for help every 2 seconds from the Star Wolf Lizard guy, and got shot down in about 2 minutes of their team appearing. Leaving me to fight all 4 by myself, which - is really frustratingly difficult. Especially on that second fight where they're halfway decent pilots.

I've given up entire runs on that game due to hitting a wall on that dang space station level.

If you think that's hard, try getting to Venom through Area 6... If you survive Area 6, that is.

I've trivialized the game but there was some learning curve before it. You never forget the old tricks once you learn them, however, as when I played SF643D I had little trouble getting all the medals again.

Years
  • For me it was a song on guitar hero. I picked up Guitar Hero quickly, blazed through GH2 on PS2 and X360, cleared every song in GH3 with no problems until one. Raining Blood by Slayer. Over 50 attempts and never made it past the part where it gets nuts (if you've played it, you know what I'm talking about). Cliffs of Dover was a breeze, the Iron Maiden track was manageable, and even One by Metallica only took me 2-3 tries to get. But to this day, Raining Blood remains undefeated, and after I gave up and moved on to Rock Band I only briefly returned to Guitar Hero: World Tour before deciding that Rock Band was the superior series.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I believe the only two games that I've ever ragequitted were Super Mario Bros. (for the NES) and Star Fox 64. I'm just really bad at them, and they kinda failed to grasp my interest.

Pretty disgraceful on my part, but I guess it couldn't be helped...

Back