• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scribblenauts

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
    Scribblenauts is a game where you write a word and, as long as it is an non-proper noun, non-vulgar, and not copywrited, it appears. That may seem impossible but apparently it's actually going to work. In case you haven't heard of the game, I'll give you an example.

One of the early levels involves a star stuck in a tree that you need to get to. Now, you could be boring and write down "ladder", place the ladder next to the tree, and climb up to get the star, but who wants to do that? Instead, you could push to the very outer limits of your imagination by writing "tidal wave" and then "surf board" and, if the game engine works like it is supposed to, you would hop on the surfboard and ride the tidal wave up across the stage, and grab the star mid-surf.

Although this sounds utterly impossible on the DS's small memory the game developers came up with a system called "Objectnaut" that allows programmers to simply write in a couple traits about the object, put in a 2d looking, but actually 3d doll image, (to save memory) and the object is done. Tens of thousands of words have been programmed into the game, and when gamers played it at E3 it was apparently hard to stump.

I'm not sure that I actually believe all this is possible, but I'm gonna buy the game anyway so that I can summon famous people to complete the level for me :P

If you want any more information on the game, there are lots of websites that have information about it, as well as a couple Youtube videos. If you have read about/heard about the game before, feel free to discuss it here.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Oh, I've heard of it.

Riding a dinosaur out of a time machine to attack the robot zombies is sheer win.

Years
    Another product of THQ's 5th Cell. Drawn to Life and Lock's Quest were both good games, and so far, Scribblenauts is looking pretty cool as well (definitly an innovative idea, and is perfect for the DS).

By the way, the North American release date, for those wondering, is September 15th.

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
    These types of games are the ones of which you see a preview and go 'DAMN THAT'S SO COOL' but when you finally get the game, after playing it for a few, you realise that it has nothing but a recurring gimmick that eventually gets boring after a while. LBP was like that. Was fun in the beginning but the novelty wore off after a while of playing it. This game seems no different.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    So i could write "Bowser" and Bowser will stomp down and rescue the star in the tree? Awesome!

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I need to recreate the Cthulhu VS Shotgun-wielding Jesus riding a skateboard scene after I get this game.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm gonna make a Pikachu in a monster truck holding a chainsaw chasing after Ash Ketchum who is wearing running shoes who is running towards a time machine to go back in time and steal Digimon to rule the Mushroom Kingdom which is protected by a Light-Saber-Weilding Mario and an army of Kirbys.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I think Jesus and Einstein more than compensate for the lack of Nintendo characters.
    The loss of President Obama is, however, painful.

Back