• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Script help... again....

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2021
    Code:
    '---------------
    #org 0x8000D7
    fanfare 0x13E
    giveitem 0xD 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
    waitfanfare
    hidesprite 3
    setflag 0x4F
    release
    end

This script doesn't work as intended. When I walk away, it reappears. I have the person id set to the flag, but nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Years
    Code:
    '---------------
    #org 0x8000D7
    fanfare 0x13E
    waitfanfare
    hidesprite 3
    setflag 0x4F
    release
    end

This script doesn't work as intended. When I walk away, it reappears. I have the person id set to the flag, but nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fixed.
    Code:
    '---------------
    #org 0x8000D7
    fanfare 0x13E
    waitfanfare
    hidesprite 0x3
    setflag 0x4F
    release
    end
    You just missed to do "hidesprite 0x3".

Last edited:
    Years
    It's weird, I've just tried your script and it works, the item doesn't reappear (I only changed MSG_OBTAIN by 0x1). I may be wrong but it can be due to a problem with the person number in your map. Did you try your script in another map ?
    If it works in the other maps, then maybe there is an issue with the order of person numbers on your current map. The person numbers must go from 1 to 5 if there are 5 people for example. If one of them is 6, it may cause this kind of issue.
    I already met this problem in the past after removing people and messing with people numbers, but I'm not sure if that's the cause of your glitch. Otherwise, try another flag, I don't know...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2021
    Then there must be some other flag "0x4F" clashing with your script. Try setting the flag somewhere between 0x200 - 0x2FF.
    These are the only available in the game. Any other flag used slowly breaks the game.

Worked, thanks a lot :)

Years
    • Online now
    @acetrainereddie
    There are actually more flags available, check this source to see where Fire Red flags are used in Vanilla Fire Red.

@Pokechu
    Although you're a little right about flag 0x200 - 0x2FF, what you say is not all true and based on pretty old research. The statement in karatekid552's thread to only use flag 0x200 to 0x2FF was just to keep things from getting complicated. Saying that ''the game will slowly break when using other flags'' and that ''those are the only available in the game'' is plainly false.
    Check the documentation on pokefirered I sent to @acetrainereddie to see a (nearly) completed list of all flags available in Fire Red or check Karatedkid522's full findings on where which flags are used.

Years
    @acetrainereddie
    There are actually more flags available, check this source to see where Fire Red flags are used in Vanilla Fire Red.

@Pokechu
    Although you're a little right about flag 0x200 - 0x2FF, what you say is not all true and based on pretty old research. The statement in karatekid552's thread to only use flag 0x200 to 0x2FF was just to keep things from getting complicated. Saying that ''the game will slowly break when using other flags'' and that ''those are the only available in the game'' is plainly false.
    Check the documentation on pokefirered I sent to @acetrainereddie to see a (nearly) completed list of all flags available in Fire Red or check Karatedkid522's full findings on where which flags are used.

Ugh... Every information is wrong or misleading. Thank you for the clarification.

Back