• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Does. Not Work. I have no idea what is going on with this script! ._."

Because I'm nice, I tested it myself and figured out what the probable problem is. Try removing the script that already exists in Pallet Town, the "02" one that's set to 4050. Then open up the map script offset and change #raw word 0xffff to 0x0, recompile and test.

Also, since I got the script to work when I did this, you should know you forgot to re-position the camera so it wouldn't be off-center when the script ended. :)

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Is there a way to permanently hide a person after a flag is set? So that every time you enter that map, the person is never there?
    Yup, it's simple. Just have a setup like this:
    hidesprite 0x1 (or whatever his event number is)
    setflag 0x1000
    And set the sprite's Person ID to 1000. That will permanently hide the sprite, unless you clearflag 0x1000 or use the showsprite command.

Years
  • Yup, it's simple. Just have a setup like this:
    hidesprite 0x1 (or whatever his event number is)
    setflag 0x1000
    And set the sprite's Person ID to 1000. That will permanently hide the sprite, unless you clearflag 0x1000 or use the showsprite command.

I tried that, and he still appears after the script is over and I re-enter the building.
    Here is what I have:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Okay, I FINALLY got the event going, but I can't make it happen only once, and when I put set/check flag, it doesn't happen at all. What do I need to change?
    Script:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    I was editing some scripts. Absolutely everything was perfect, all I did was change some spoken text. Then, after compiling, it deletes the text or replaces it with "HNA?". It is very confusing and I even tried switching script editors and I get the same error. The main example is the starter pokemon script. I click on one of the three pokeballs (person events) and open the script. I change the names to the pokemon I'm using in every spot. Then It might keep one or two of the text screen but there is always atleast on messed up.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    because you should be checking if the flag is 0x1 not 0x0. 0x0 means not set.
    I had it as that before, but I changed it to see what happens.

But the real problem happens when I compile it. When I open the script in advancemap, it looks like this:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Im SO new at this, what do I need to have and know to start hacking?

Haha relax. I"m assuming you want to hack fire red.

1. Download a Fire Red ROM (google for it)
    2. Download Advance Map v. 1.92
    3. Download Visual Boy Advance (gba advance emulator)
    4. Get a script editor (I recommend XSE by HackMew) and read this guide
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276
    5. Snoop around this site a lot, and you will learn lots of things. Visit the Toolbox threads to get some cool hacking tools.
    6. Check out other people's hacks to get a feel for it.

I think that's probably enough to get you started! :D
    There are a ton of tutorials that people have made, so read up on those too.

NikoBelic999

Friendly Hometown Mugger....XD
    Years
  • Haha relax. I"m assuming you want to hack fire red.

1. Download a Fire Red ROM (google for it)
    2. Download Advance Map v. 1.92
    3. Download Visual Boy Advance (gba advance emulator)
    4. Get a script editor (I recommend XSE by HackMew) and read this guide
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276
    5. Snoop around this site a lot, and you will learn lots of things. Visit the Toolbox threads to get some cool hacking tools.
    6. Check out other people's hacks to get a feel for it.

I think that's probably enough to get you started! :D
    There are a ton of tutorials that people have made, so read up on those too.
    I APPRECIATE this so much! I got VBA, and playing one right now, just have to make my own now....

Quilava3

adam60962
    Years
  • This script is for Pokescript. Please help me figure out what the problem is! thanks

#org $script
    jingle
    applymovement 2 $huh
    $huh 1 ; #binary 0x62 0x10 0x10 0x10 0xFE
    pausemove 0
    message $1
    $1 1 = \v\h02:\pOh, hey buddy! I was just\nthinking, you need to visit\lProfessor Oak when you get a\lchance.\pOh and by the way, have you seen these\ntrees before?
    boxset 6
    special 0x113
    applymovement 0x7F $screenleft
    $screenleft 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE
    pausemove 0
    special 0x114
    message $2
    $2 1 = \c\h01\h07\v\h02:\pThese trees have been sprouting\nup for 2 years now. I don't know\lwhere they come from but\lthey're new to the GEMINI REGION.
    boxset 6
    special 0x113
    applymovement 0x7F $screenright
    $screenright 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
    pausemove 0
    special 0x114
    applymovement 2 $oh
    $oh 1 ; #binary 0x62 0xFE
    pausemove 0
    message $3
    $3 1 = \v\h02:\pOh!\pThat's right! I forgot to\ntell you where Professor Oaks'\llab is! Okay, so just go to\lthe west of here.\pBut, be careful.\pThere's patches of grass.\pDon't be startled if you\nsee a wild Pokémon.
    boxset 6
    applymovement 2 $wait
    $wait 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x11 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x1206
    setvar 0x6003 0x0001
    release
    end

The rival walks up to me at the beginning of the script, but before he even gets the chance to talk, IT BLACKS OUT AND RESTARTS THE GAME!!! Please help! Thanks! :D

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • This script is for Pokescript. Please help me figure out what the problem is! thanks

Spoiler:

The rival walks up to me at the beginning of the script, but before he even gets the chance to talk, IT BLACKS OUT AND RESTARTS THE GAME!!! Please help! Thanks! :D

Rule #1: Use XSE. So short and easy to remember it doesn't satisfy the 25 letter limit. -__-

And put spoilers please.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • Just from one look, I MAY have found the issue (I use XSE though, so this is more of a guess): You have \v\h02 at the beginning of the dialog box, which stores a variable-set buffer text. The rival's name is stored to \v\h06. I know the game has weird results when it tries to display an empty buffer.

Quilava3

adam60962
    Years
  • okay, thanks! I'll try that. :)

YOU'RE ALOT OF HELP!!! IT WORKS NOW!!! THANKS!!! I don't know why it didn't work when I had it at \v\h02? i've been using that for the last 3 months and it never did that... ANyway, thanks alot! I appreciate it!!! :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • I tried that, and he still appears after the script is over and I re-enter the building.
    Here is what I have:
    Spoiler:

Anyone have an answer to my question of how I can permanently hide a sprite even after I re-enter a map?

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    hi again, is there a way to turn off auto-decompilation or something? because everytime i open a script, it is already de-compiled (even if i didn't click the button)

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
    Years
  • I was just wondering if some one can explain to me how to use the "pokemart" command, and following that command how to set the amount of items i want in the shops, along with the prices i want the items to be.
    Im only a semi-noob/low intermediate scripter (like check/setflags mixed with yes or no scripts and giveitem scripts etc)
    P.s I searched this thread using the search function and I did not find anything i was looking for. Google also half failed cause the sparse amount of descriptions there were short and didnt help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back