• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Ok I posted this script yesterday and i got the part where is repeats to stop but the people still dont dissapear when I put the set flag in there Person ID
    Spoiler:

Is there something else I have to put in here to make them dissapear or something

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You have to use hidesprite before the setflag too

hidesprite 0xPERSONEVENTNUMBER
    setflag 0xPERSONID

On your script as it is you should find that if you leave the map and return the sprite has gone, but using hidesprite in combination makes it disappear straight away.

phosphate5

Random little kid
    Years
  • @phosphate 5:
    where's the pointer 0x9000000? I think It should be goto 0x9000000
    @Binary
    goto 0x9000000 goes to the pointer 0x1000000, because you always add 0x8000000 to the pointer for goto and call. And I know it's going to the right place, because the text is all appearing and the door is opening and stuff. I just don't know why the people aren't appearing/moving. And I wonder why the game's freezing up when I activate the Wally special. Maybe I should remove the shiny magikarp script?

Oh, also, if you're using showsprite, do you still have to clearflag *personID* first for the person to appear?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Oh, also, if you're using showsprite, do you still have to clearflag *personID* first for the person to appear?

Yes, and the flag should already set before the script is used.

Your other problem.

Is it really person event 0x22 for the movements, if the decimal value is 22 you should be using 0x16 instead, that could be your problem.

Check all your person event numbers are in hex as you are using sprites over person event number 9 so it will make a big difference ><

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    Hey, I need help with this script.
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x740000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x1000
    if 0x1 goto @done
    checkgender
    compare 0x800D 0x0
    if 0x1 goto @hereb
    compare 0x800D 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @hereg
    compare 0x800D 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @take
    setflag 0x1000
    release
    end

#org @done
    msgbox @greedy 0x6
    release
    end

#org @take
    giveitem 0xD 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox @taken 0x6
    waitfanfare
    closeonkeypress
    setflag 0x1000
    release 
    end

#org @hereb
    = Hey Mr. I found this potion in my\ntoy box. Here you can have it.

#org @hereg
    = Hey Mrs. I found this potion in my\ntoy box. Here you can have it.

#org @greedy
    = Sorry, I only found one.

#org @taken
    = Use it on your POK/h1BMON when\ntheir about to faint. It will keep\lthem alive for another couple of\lrounds!

Buizark

Always looking for an OU match
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    And the problem is...
    You need to put it in your post.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    AND the problem is that I talk to the person, BUT nothing happens.

Goto goes to that pointer. You should use message @hereb boxset 6.
    and then, after the NPC talks, you should put goto @take and not compare 0x800D.

phosphate5

Random little kid
    Years
  • Problem finding script...

Game: Emerald
    Type: Unknown
    Editor: XSE

Sorry, this isn't really a problem with scripting; I just can't seem to find the script for when your mom (in Emerald) tells you to go over and see your dad on TV and all that (near the very beginning, after you set the clock). I've checked all the person, signpost, and triggerable scripts on that map, as well as the level scripts (even with HackMew's method of seeing the complete one), and I couldn't find it. But I sort of need to edit that.

Any help/advice?

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • Game: Emerald
    Type: Unknown
    Editor: XSE

Sorry, this isn't really a problem with scripting; I just can't seem to find the script for when your mom (in Emerald) tells you to go over and see your dad on TV and all that (near the very beginning, after you set the clock). I've checked all the person, signpost, and triggerable scripts on that map, as well as the level scripts (even with HackMew's method of seeing the complete one), and I couldn't find it. But I sort of need to edit that.

Any help/advice?

I had the same problem way back when i tried hacking Emerald. All I can suggest is, make a totally new map (not just reinserting the old one) and then insert it into a new map slot, and use that instead of the old house one. There's probably a better way, but I don't know it.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • I had the same problem way back when i tried hacking Emerald. All I can suggest is, make a totally new map (not just reinserting the old one) and then insert it into a new map slot, and use that instead of the old house one. There's probably a better way, but I don't know it.
    search for the text in either a hex editor, or advance text. Once you got the offset reverse it, and search it in a hex editor. now it should take you to the command msgbox @pointer 0x(type) back tract a little bit until you find the beginning of the script.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2013
    Help

Game:fire red
    script editor:XSE
    script type: person script but on a script box
    Emulator: visualboy 1.8.0 beta 3
    I want to have the old man walk over to the character and talk to him then have the character follow after him. But when i test it the game freezes. here's the script

Spoiler:

Can someone help me?
    Thanks in advance

Years
  • @Jwag the first and thrird Applymovement should have waitmovement under it and for the freezing part you have to open Advance map go to the script and in the Unknow box put 0300 and in the Var number box put 4050

Evilcrizpy

Advanced Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2010
    Game : Fire Red
    script editor:XSE
    script type: person script but on a script box
    Emulator: visualboy 1.8.0 beta 3
    I want to have PROFESSOR talk to him, then make his pokemon move and look at player. Then he will give you a pokemon to battle team rocket with. (THERE movements will come in later). It wont freeze the game, it will just not run the script.

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You are missing a #raw 0xFE on the first movement which could be causing your problems.

Also, what is the point of the 'goto @Take', you might as well put the script together.

Last edited:

Evilcrizpy

Advanced Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2010
    You are missing a #raw 0xFE on the first movement which could be causing your problems.

Added 0xFE was a simple mistake but still no change.

New Script :

Spoiler:

EDIT: All the movements, not appear but however still not messages or pokemon given to player.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    It may be because you have multiple strings with the same pointer.

msgbox @1 0x6
    applymovement 0x05 @1

Change the pointers before compiling and I think it will be ok. (EG. Talk1 and Move1)

-----

And you have 3 msgbox commands pointing to 3 messages but there are only 2

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back