• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Should i replace the previous Specialx173? Because my game freezes when Gary says he'll borrow a town map from Daisy....
EDIT: I replaced it and works now. =3

Last edited:

Drithlan

Self Proclaimed Cartographer
Years
Man I want this fixed.. :(

Spoiler:

Tools: XSE, A-Map, JPANS Hacked Engine v1.1

This is the script you need:

Just noticed this typo:

#dynamic (insert offset here 0xXXXXXX)
#org @main
sethealingplace 0x1 ////Note 1
setvar 0x405A 0xmmBB ////Note 2
setvar 0x405B 0xXX
setvar 0x405C 0xYY
end

Note 1:
This determines if there is going to be the PC animation or not.
0x0 is the PC animation 0x1 is talking to your mother. I haven't looked into changing this script yet.

Note 2:
setvar 0x405A 0xmmBB
This is what map you will spawn at. mm is map number BB is bank.
setvar 0x405B 0xXX
This is the X position on the map.
setvar 0x405C 0xYY
This is the Y position on the map.

So to spawn below your mother you would use:

sethealingplace 0x1 ////No PC Animation
setvar 0x405A 0x4 ///// Your house (4,0) (B,m)
setvar 0x405B 0x8 ///// X pos 8
setvar 0x405C 0x5 ///// Y pos 5

Now where to place this script.
Under the header tab in A-Map Add a script to ANY map you are going to enter.

Now you should set your Script type to:
03 On entering map/not on menu close
Spoiler:

and add the offset for the script you compiled in XSE.

Now just enter the zone with this script then go white out anywhere as long as you don\t change variables 0x405A, 0x405B, and 0x405C before you Whiteout you will respawn where you set it to.

If you have any other questions please ask and I'll try to answer them for you.

Now....

Drithlan said:
When making your own rom hack how should you set the offsets for the scripts?

Should I place the scripts as I go? or Should I clump similar scripts together? Should I offer a sacrifice to the gaming gods? I don't know!

Please know....

Also Is there a way to move the Textbox to the top of the screen?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Tools: XSE, A-Map, JPANS Hacked Engine v1.1

This is the script you need:

#dynamic @main
sethealingplace 0x1 ////Note 1
setvar 0x405A 0xmmBB ////Note 2
setvar 0x405B 0xXX
setvar 0x405C 0xYY
end

Note 1:
This determines if there is going to be the PC animation or not.
0x0 is the PC animation 0x1 is talking to your mother. I haven't looked into changing this script yet.

Note 2:
setvar 0x405A 0xmmBB
This is what map you will spawn at. mm is map number BB is bank.
setvar 0x405B 0xXX
This is the X position on the map.
setvar 0x405C 0xYY
This is the Y position on the map.

So to spawn below your mother you would use:

sethealingplace 0x1 ////No PC Animation
setvar 0x405A 0x4 ///// Your house (4,0) (B,m)
setvar 0x405B 0x8 ///// X pos 8
setvar 0x405C 0x5 ///// Y pos 5

Now where to place this script.
Under the header tab in A-Map Add a script to ANY map you are going to enter.

Now you should set your Script type to:
03 On entering map/not on menu close
Spoiler:

and add the offset for the script you compiled in XSE.

Now just enter the zone with this script then go white out anywhere as long as you don\t change variables 0x405A, 0x405B, and 0x405C before you Whiteout you will respawn where you set it to.

If you have any other questions please ask and I'll try to answer them for you.

Thanks a bunch man! I'm pretty sure that header bit is the problem. But if I added moms offset, which is where I put the set healingplace script, will it read that whole "moms" script, or just the bit it needs? Should I just make a script tile and place it on the map with that script compiled to it?

EDIT: Actually, tried it both ways, still have a problem. I compiled that script to a green script tile, and to moms script, both don't work. Typing it exactly like to typed it give me a type mismatch on line one, so I gave it an offset like this

#dynamic 0x8003C0
#org @main
sethealingplace 0x1
etc
etc
etc
end

This was the only way it let me compile, and still, doesn't work. Offset is place on the header like you said. :/

Last edited:

Drithlan

Years
But if I added moms offset, which is where I put the set healingplace script, will it read that whole "moms" script, or just the bit it needs? Should I just make a script tile and place it on the map with that script compiled to it?
I don't understand this statement. Could you clarify it more please.

This script works as a Script Tile (The Green one), as a Sign Script (the orange one), as a person script, and in the header. All you need to really do is set those 3 variables. This will only work in a rom with the Hacked engine applied to it. If you follow my instructions there is no reason it shouldn't work. (Except for that Typo I had Thanks for pointing it out. I fixed it)

Could you please provide me with any mods/hacks/and any other information that would make solving your problem easier.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
I don't understand this statement. Could you clarify it more please.

This script works as a Script Tile (The Green one), as a Sign Script (the orange one), as a person script, and in the header. All you need to really do is set those 3 variables. This will only work in a rom with the Hacked engine applied to it. If you follow my instructions there is no reason it shouldn't work. (Except for that Typo I had Thanks for pointing it out. I fixed it)

Could you please provide me with any mods/hacks/and any other information that would make solving your problem easier.

Well, moms script consists of message boxes and the sethealingplace scripts. I was wondering if the offset (in this case, moms full script) in the header thats being read (which would be the sethealingplace script according to you) would read ALL of moms script as you white out, instead of whats neccessary for the sethealingplace script to work.
You said I set the offset to the header right? So offset 0x8001E0 has:
(mom)
#dynamic 0x8001e0
#org @start
sethealing
blah
blah
blah
msgbox etc
release
end
I put that in the header, will that read just the set healingplace or all of it?
But the answer is not really needed, just curious.

Either way, I set it to a green tile script with just the sethealingplace script compiled to it and set it in the house, applied that offset to the header and script type is 3. I go white out, and STILL get sent to celedon dept, trapped in the black bourder. No other apps or programs or patches have been used.

In use are:
FR clean rom, the origional
FR hacked patch, which is now applied to the FR origional
opened it up in A-map
and I added some script with XSE (give pokemon,pokedex,message boxes,running shoes), but thats it.

Drithlan

Years
I see your Problem. Put moms script to her sprite. and the Set healingplace in it's own script. in the header.

Years
Would this be considered a script problem? It's not 100% scripting, but it's script related.

So, I've installed Poketscript, and I did it the same way I did before and it worked before. It seemed to load fine, but whenever I try to compile a script, a bunch of text loads, but eventually it just goes blank. It never loads bufrite at all, making burning the script impossible.

Any ideas as to why this is? I'm to used to poketscript syntax to switch to XSE, otherwise I would :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Would this be considered a script problem? It's not 100% scripting, but it's script related.

So, I've installed Poketscript, and I did it the same way I did before and it worked before. It seemed to load fine, but whenever I try to compile a script, a bunch of text loads, but eventually it just goes blank. It never loads bufrite at all, making burning the script impossible.

Any ideas as to why this is? I'm to used to poketscript syntax to switch to XSE, otherwise I would :(

Poketscript syntax is not very different XSE syntax. Switch to XSE and read Diegoisawesome's MEGA HUGE Scripting Tutorial to get used to the commands. Trust me, switching scripting methods is worth it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
I see your Problem. Put moms script to her sprite. and the Set healingplace in it's own script. in the header.

Yup... did that. I even re-whiped the rom to make sure its clean and it still won't work. I have no idea why its not working, so I sent it to ya.

Years
Hey, it's me again. I got this weird problem with my script. Every time I try to compile this script (via XSE), the program gives me an error code "Unknown keyword "" on line 47". I've tried everything, nohting works. I was hoping you guys could help me out.

Spoiler:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Hey, it's me again. I got this weird problem with my script. Every time I try to compile this script (via XSE), the program gives me an error code "Unknown keyword "" on line 47". I've tried everything, nohting works. I was hoping you guys could help me out.

Spoiler:

It's hard to count line numbers when they aren't provided but I'd guess that the problem lies in the section of the script with the text strings. You should put each entire string on its own line. For example, '@3' is spread over three lines. Just put all that text on one line (and do the same for '@6') and it should compile.

Years
When in XSE the text isn't spread over multiple lines, that happened when I pasted it to the forums.

The 47th line is the blank space between @3 and @4 btw.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Ah.
Well when I copied your script into XSE and tried to compile it, it worked fine. Maybe you should check the contents of the header file that you included.

Years
Thanks for the help but that doesn't seem to work either, I'll try to reinstall XSE and see how that works out.

ase

learning How to Hack
Years
hey guys i'm editing my emerald ROM so i can catch all 386 pokemon but i came across a problem: when i try to look for the part of the script where birch gives you the national dex i cant find it sooo can someone paste the script for me plz:) BTW what's the special number to activate the national i know its special 0x16F in fire red but i dont know what it is in emerald

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
hello, I read diegoawesome's scripting tutorial and at the moment I'm making a hack, at the beginning the mother talk to us and say that she's gonna die so I want her to disappear so I made this script:

Code:
'---------------
#dynamic 0x9C51CC
#org 0x9C51CC
lock
checkflag 501
if 0x1 goto @deja
msgbox @maman 0x2
msgbox @player 0x2
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite LASTTALKED
setflag 501
fadescreen 0x0
msgbox @lettre 0x2
release
end

#org @deja
release
end

PS: i didn't put the strings because they're to long

The mother disappears but If I walk, she appears again but I want her to disappear once for all. Can someone help me? Thank you

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Okay, I input a script and stuff, but now when i step on the tile, it won't work. It's just a normal tile. I know I have to change stuff. But, what do i change?

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
hello, I read diegoawesome's scripting tutorial and at the moment I'm making a hack, at the beginning the mother talk to us and say that she's gonna die so I want her to disappear so I made this script:

Code:
'---------------
#dynamic 0x9C51CC
#org 0x9C51CC
lock
checkflag 501
if 0x1 goto @deja
msgbox @maman 0x2
msgbox @player 0x2
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite LASTTALKED
setflag 501
fadescreen 0x0
msgbox @lettre 0x2
release
end

#org @deja
release
end

PS: i didn't put the strings because they're to long

The mother disappears but If I walk, she appears again but I want her to disappear once for all. Can someone help me? Thank you

Your problem is this:
Code:
setflag 501

The 501 needs to be 0x501.
Code:
setflag 0x501

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Okay, I input a script and stuff, but now when i step on the tile, it won't work. It's just a normal tile. I know I have to change stuff. But, what do i change?

In AdvanceMap, there are two fields which you'll need to change. The first is the "Var Number" box. Here, you should put the variable/flag that you plan to set in the script assigned to that script tile. The second is the "Var Value" box. This will usually be '0000' (that's hex, mind you) but it can be different. When the player steps on the script tile, the game compares the contents of the variable/flag in the "Var Number" box with the value in the "Var Value" field. If the two are equal, then the script will be run. However, if they are not equal, then the script won't be triggered.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2010
I'm a beginning scripter and experimenting with various scripts. I have a problem right here, it's hidesprite. The sprite keeps reappearing after I make a step, although the flag number is the same as the person's ID. The cry also doesn't work. Can someone help me? (I cannot post a screenshot because the system disallows me to post an URL before having 15 posts.)

Spoiler:

My script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back