• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattattack

Huh, Son?
Years
  • I need help again with the script I changed the offset (using freespace finder) for 800000 (here they gave me that number)

but now I don't know how to set it should the mom script go on the mom or a green S thing when I go down stairs I need help!

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    This script makes the game freeze. Can someone fix it? Thanks
    #Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    givepokemon 0x395 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
    setflag 0x829
    setflag 0x828
    release
    end

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • This script makes the game freeze. Can someone fix it? Thanks
    #Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    givepokemon 0x395 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
    setflag 0x829
    setflag 0x828
    release
    end

I answered this in the Simple Questions thread where you seemed to post it as well, but I'll answer it here as well.

You are NOT giving the player a Bagon, instead you are trying to give him/her pokemon # 917. That does not exist. Change 0x395 to 395. Since you are trying to use Decimal, remove the 0x's
    BUT, I would use HEX if I were you, and just go with using 0x18B, which will give you Bagon, okay?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • omega can you help me with my question?

Get the Offset of the #org @Mom part. XSE tells you when you insert the script into your ROM where it put it, if your ROM was clean, and you put it in 0x800000, you should make a green S in A-Map, and put in your offset in it. Then, be sure to make the Unknown setting to 0003, and the Var Number setting to 4050. That should work.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • uhhhhh say what now?.......

Ok... I am going to stop you now, since I know you need some help on this. Instead of asking your questions here first thing, I can pretty much help you become a better scripter really simply. All I need from you is patience and willpower. Now, if you do not have the most recent XSE, get it, it can be found in the 'Toolbox' Section, in HackMew's Toolbox.

Next, I want you to open XSE, and then press F1.

This will open the XSE Comprehensive Guide.
    I think before you try to script, and even read some of the more advanced tutorials here, you should go through that entire help file, starting with lesson 1.

I can almost guarantee with 100% certainty that after reading all of it, you will have a clearer view on scripting.
    You have to actually have the patience to read all of it though. It is very helpful though, the guide tells you:
    • Understanding the Hexadecimal Number System
    • Using XSE, and 3 other very useful hacking tools, including how to successfully insert scripts.
    • And Much More!

If you read it ALL, most of your questions will be answered. Take my word for it. But you gotta read ALL of it, even if you read it in sections, you gotta read it ALL, no matter how boring it may seem, okay?

lol, wall of text.

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Erm I have this trainer battle script and after you have the battle the player is uncontrolable but the camera is moving?

#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x2F5 0x0 @before @after
    msgbox @beaten 0x6
    release
    end

#org @before
    = Watch out!\nHere come some serious BUG\lPOKéMON!

#org @after
    = No worries! There's always next\ntime!

#org @beaten
    = You just wait 'till I evolve these\nlittle guys.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Erm I have this trainer battle script and after you have the battle the player is uncontrolable but the camera is moving?

#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x2F5 0x0 @before @after
    msgbox @beaten 0x2
    end

#org @before
    = Watch out!\nHere come some serious BUG\lPOKéMON!

#org @after
    = No worries! There's always next\ntime!

#org @beaten
    = You just wait 'till I evolve these\nlittle guys.

I changed the message box type, but be sure the sprite you have set as a trainer as is not set to "look down" since that may cause this to happen, instead, if it is a stationary enemy, and you want it to look down, set it to "No Movement"

Also, release was not needed. Test the newer script out, and make sure you check those settings I tild you about in A-Map

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Damn, still didn't work. It doesn't make sense either. It works for all of my other trainers.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • ummmmmmmmmm no offence dude but don't you mean F2 not F1 and I'm sorry if I'm making you mad

Oh yeah, lol, F2... XD, no you are not making me mad, I am just giving you a helpful suggestion. I seriously would read the whole thing though.

Damn, still didn't work. It doesn't make sense either. It works for all of my other trainers.

Hmm... I dunno... I don't really ever run into this problem, so I dunno who to fix it really... I hope someone else can help you though, I hate seeing someone not get any help...

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Oh yeah, lol, F2... XD, no you are not making me mad, I am just giving you a helpful suggestion. I seriously would read the whole thing though.

Hmm... I dunno... I don't really ever run into this problem, so I dunno who to fix it really... I hope someone else can help you though, I hate seeing someone not get any help...

Alright I fixed it, turns out that the tile he was on wouldn't let the player move after, I have no clue why but thanks for your help anyways :D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Okay here is the script I am trying to make:

Spoiler:

And when I save it it changes to someting like this:

Spoiler:

I seem to have got overlooked xD

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • I seem to have got overlooked xD

First of all, how's about you insert that there script into a suitable area in the ROM.

0x800000 is a good place. (Since you already tried inserting, you will have to restart with a clean ROM) You NEVER want to insert anything before 0x800000 just to be sure... (I know there is some free space in like, 0x770000 or something like that, but 0x800000 is the safest.)
    Insert your script there, and then test it.
    (Also, you might want to use dynamic offsets....)

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Is it possible to hide the player's sprite and move it while it's hidden, so it shows up in a different spot?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Is it possible to hide the player's sprite and move it while it's hidden, so it shows up in a different spot?

Yes, there is a movement command.

Here is a list of all movements, do NOT use the blank ones, tehy freeze the game.

Spoiler:

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Yes, there is a movement command.

Here is a list of all movements, do NOT use the blank ones, tehy freeze the game.

Spoiler:

That doesn't answer my question XD Can you move a sprite while It's hidden?

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    I answered this in the Simple Questions thread where you seemed to post it as well, but I'll answer it here as well.

You are NOT giving the player a Bagon, instead you are trying to give him/her pokemon # 917. That does not exist. Change 0x395 to 395. Since you are trying to use Decimal, remove the 0x's
    BUT, I would use HEX if I were you, and just go with using 0x18B, which will give you Bagon, okay?
    Thank you!! It works now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back