• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetripplenine

tripple.
    Years
    Thank you, thetripplenine. I will consider your solution. However, i would rather like to make the starter change happen when the prof. tells you to choose a pokemon in his bag (like on the pics) , instead of directly giving you the pokemon.

Oh, to do that you would have to download a-starter, which allows you to change your bag pokemon and your rival's, unless u want to change your rival's manually.

You can download this here or here.

Edit: But you won't be able to do 9 pokemon, it only lets you do 3.

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    Oh, to do that you would have to download a-starter, which allows you to change your bag pokemon and your rival's, unless u want to change your rival's manually.

Edit: But you won't be able to do 9 pokemon, it only lets you do 3.

Good luck!

:( You've got it all wrong.
    What i want to do is the following:
    At the beginning, after you've set your clock in your room, but before the prof. gets attacked, someone (NPC) will ask you a question, with three possible answers (A,B and C). Your choice would affect the pokemon choice when the prof. gets attacked and wants you to save him.
    For example:
    if you answered A to the NPC's question, instead of seeing treecko, torchic and mudkip in the prof's bag, you wouldsee smoochum, magby and elekid.
    If you chose B as your answer, you would then have the original hoenn starters.
    Choosing the last answer, C, it would also let you choose between 3 other pokemons in the bag.
    I hope i was clear enough, this time.

Years
    At the beginning, after you've set your clock in your room, but before the prof. gets attacked, someone (NPC) will ask you a question, with three possible answers (A,B and C). Your choice would affect the pokemon choice when the prof. gets attacked and wants you to save him.
    For example:
    if you answered A to the NPC's question, instead of seeing treecko, torchic and mudkip in the prof's bag, you wouldsee smoochum, magby and elekid.
    Choosing the last answer, C, it would also let you choose between 3 other pokemons in the bag.

Try using this multichoice editor.

I haven't tried it out, so I don't know if it will work for what you're asking. Just thought I'd give it a quick search.

In any case, if that editor doesn't work, it seems like you'll probably need to do *something* with the command multichoice. The problem is that I don't know how to do a "custom" multichoice sort of thing. The tutorials I've seen only teach you how to write a multichoice command that is already in the game, which, in your case, would be seemingly useless, unless you could edit it to do what you want when the player selects something out of the list.

I imagine you could also use a hex editor, but you'll have to take the time to learn that kind of stuff.

Last edited:

thetripplenine

tripple.
    Years
    For example:

The only way to do that is to use asm.

Edit: Or you may not be able to do that at all, i'm not sure tho, i'm not the greatest with asm.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    I know I've made it work before and I'm sure the answer is staring me right in the face, I'm just not looking hard enough.. but what is wrong with this Mart Script? Every time I talk to the NPC, the text shows and then when I want to select "Buy, Sell or Quit" the text disappears, I know it's only minor but it's irritating me..

Spoiler:

thetripplenine

tripple.
    Years
    I know I've made it work before and I'm sure the answer is staring me right in the face, I'm just not looking hard enough.. but what is wrong with this Mart Script? Every time I talk to the NPC, the text shows and then when I want to select "Buy, Sell or Quit" the text disappears, I know it's only minor but it's irritating me..

Spoiler:

Well I got it to work, just compile what's in the spoiler

Spoiler:

Edit:

So, I have no idea why this isn't working.

Everything's working besides the setmaptile, anything I should know to change?

Here's my script:
    Spoiler:

Ps: Took out what the messages said

I still have no idea what is wrong with the setmaptile part ;L

Last edited:
    Years

Spoiler:

Maybe it's because you used msgbox instead of preparemsg. I don't know if it matters, but I remember being told to use preparemsg and waitmsg when it comes to PokeMart scripts.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I'm not too sure what's wrong, as I'm no master scripter. However, using the script to unlock the National-PokeDex in Fire-Red, it gives an error message for "Too less parameters on line 9. The correct number is 2." Does anyone know what's wrong?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I tried it with the new code, but now it says "No dynamic start offset specified."

Try compiling what's in the spoiler :)

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Firered. It's supposed to unlock the National-Dex.

I know, can you tell me what game you're hacking, I didn't really glance over your script...

For all of the #org's, or just the one with the @get?

Put #dynamic 0x[offset] before the #org @start etc...

Last edited:

thetripplenine

tripple.
    Years
    I'm not too sure what's wrong, as I'm no master scripter. However, using the script to unlock the National-PokeDex in Fire-Red, it gives an error message for "Too less parameters on line 9. The correct number is 2." Does anyone know what's wrong?
    Spoiler:

Ok here you go

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    My problem:

So, I have no idea why this isn't working.

Everything's working besides the setmaptile, anything I should know to change?

Here's my script:
    Spoiler:

Ps: Took out what the messages said

Are you hacking Ruby/Emerald? If you are, try replacing special 0x8E with special 0x91.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    ROM: Fire Red
    Script Type: Trigger
    Editor: XSE

Just trying to make a generic "guy comes up to you then leaves" script, and it works fine. Problem is that I can't get his sprite to stay hidden after the script is over. The second I move off the tile he pops back up in the place he started at instead of just being gone.

Spoiler:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024

Just trying to make a generic "guy comes up to you then leaves" script, and it works fine. Problem is that I can't get his sprite to stay hidden after the script is over. The second I move off the tile he pops back up in the place he started at instead of just being gone.

Spoiler:

write the flag you are using on the NPC's Person ID.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014

Working on a script where a person places 3 items on the ground for you to pick up (starters). It works fine, he just places them a little too quickly for my liking. Is there anyway I could make it look a little more natural? I've tried using the pause 0x20 command but it makes him look to the left, away from the items hes putting down.

Spoiler:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years

Working on a script where a person places 3 items on the ground for you to pick up (starters). It works fine, he just places them a little too quickly for my liking. Is there anyway I could make it look a little more natural? I've tried using the pause 0x20 command but it makes him look to the left, away from the items hes putting down.

Spoiler:

setvar 0x6001 0x1
    setflag 0x1203

AHHHHH, NO! https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

Pause is your best bet. I think it is other things causing that bug.

Years
    So I hopefully have a simple problem. I'm using movesprite2 to move a sprite on the other side of the map out of the way at the end of an event. It works just fine, but it moves back once you leave the map...I thought movesprite2 was permanent? How do I get it to stay put?

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
    So I hopefully have a simple problem. I'm using movesprite2 to move a sprite on the other side of the map out of the way at the end of an event. It works just fine, but it moves back once you leave the map...I thought movesprite2 was permanent? How do I get it to stay put?
    If I'm getting what you're asking, then you need to use a level script to make it stay there after leaving the map. Here's what I'm talking about (should be type 03):
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    checkflag 0xFLAG
    if b_true call @move
    end

#org @move
    movesprite2 0xNUMBER 0xX 0xY
    return
    It should work. If you want to move the sprite if a flag isn't set, replace b_true with b_false. If you're using a variable, use "compare 0xVARIABLE 0xVALUE".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back