• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
once again I have super-retard script tiles that decide to freeze the game when I step on them. It is supposed to display a message if flag 0x800 is not set, then move me back. If the flag is set, nothing is supposed to happen. But, all that happens is freeze.

Ruby version, using XSE
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x3685B4
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x800
if 0x0 goto 0x83858C4
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x3858C4
msgbox 0x83858DC MSG_NORMAL '"Maybe I shouldn't go to\nLord Aspe..."
applymovement 0x0 0x83858D9
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x3858DC
= Maybe I shouldn't go to\nLord Aspen without a POKéMON...

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x3858D9
#raw 0x4 'Step Down (Slow)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

Help, por favor??

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
Hello Guys
Here's a script
Spoiler:

And here's what the Script supposed to do
I begin the game and I go to stairs but suddenly mom comes at the stairs and tells me to go to sleep as the next day i have to choose my pokemon from prof oak and remains standing there till i have not slept then when i sleep and wake up she is not on the stairs
This was what the script was supposed to do
But the problem is
Whenever I Press Compile in XSE it does not show me the Copy Button and only shows the logs
Please Anyone Correct me anywhere I am wrong in the script by posting the edited script again :|

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
No I mean when I click the Compile button I can't see the Copy Button :O

You don't need the copy button if you're using the numbers I gave you. But if you want to do the free space thing first, replace the orgs (like #org 800000) with #org @(whatever name you want to give) - then it will create a number for you that isn't being used and you can copy it. If you use the numbers I did to compile it, then 800000 would be the script number to place in the script box in Advance Map and 800057 would be the number to place in the signpost box. You can use those numbers (if they haven't been used in your rom yet), you can search for free space, or you can replace an already existing script in your rom that you don't need if you want - but the main code should work.

Okay, I have a script request I need help with. I am not getting the running shoes to activate in Fire Red at all.

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x165B2E
lockall
setvar 0x406C 0x0
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x0 call 0x8165B10
checkflag 0x7
if 0x1 call 0x8165B10
call 0x81664CC
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0x165B10
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0x1664CC
showsprite 0x3
applymovement 0x3 0x81656F2
waitmovement 0x3
applymovement 0x3 0x81A75E1
waitmovement 0x3
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x81A75DB
waitmovement 0x0
textcolor 0x1
msgbox 0x817E90C MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player]!\nI'm glad I caught you!\..."
msgbox 0x817ECD4 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"You're starting your journey as a\..."
textcolor 0x3
fanfare 0x13E
preparemsg 0x817E970 '"[player] received the\nRUNNING SHO..."
waitmsg
waitfanfare
msgbox 0x817E99D MSG_KEEPOPEN '"[player] switched shoes with the\n..."
special 0x171
msgbox 0x817E9C7 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Press the B Button to run.\nBut on..."
normalmsg
msgbox 0x817EA06 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"And a TOWN MAP[.]\nand a handy FAM..."
closeonkeypress
giveitem2 0x16B 0x1 0x13E
additem 0x16B 0x1
loadpointer 0x0 0x818D661 '"[player] received a TOWN MAP\nfrom..."
additem 0x169 0x1
textcolor 0x1
msgbox 0x817ED5D MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Oh, [player], did you get your\nPO..."
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x3 0x81656FB
waitmovement 0x3
hidesprite 0x3
setflag 0x7
setflag 0x82F
setvar 0x406C 0x2
return

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x17E90C
= [player]!\nI'm glad I caught you!\pI'm so proud of you!\nYou're finally fulfilling your dream!

#org 0x17ECD4
= You're starting your journey as a\ntrainer!\pBut I'll miss you so much!\pI brought you some traveling items.\nThere's your running shoes [.]

#org 0x17E970
= [player] received the\nRUNNING SHOES from MOM.

#org 0x17E99D
= [player] switched shoes with the\nRUNNING SHOES.

#org 0x17E9C7
= Press the B Button to run.\nBut only where there's room to run!

#org 0x17EA06
= And a TOWN MAP[.]\nand a handy FAME CHECKER!

#org 0x18D661
= [player] received a TOWN MAP\nfrom MOM.

#org 0x17ED5D
= Oh, [player], did you get your\nPOKeMON?\pOh, is that it? A PIKACHU?\nIt's kind of weird [.]\p[player], I know you have to get going.\nGood luck! I love you!

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x1656F2
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)

#org 0x1A75E1
#raw 0x4A 'Face Player

#org 0x1A75DB
#raw 0x62 'Exclamation Mark (!)

#org 0x1656FB
#raw 0x11 'Step Up (Normal)

Now the first code is there to let me pass by when (a) I have no Pokemon, and (b) after mom has come and given me the stuff so that she won't come a second time, and it works. So it only calls the script if it hasn't before and if I have a Pokemon.

In the main script I want mom to show up, give me the running shoes, the town map, and the fame checker. I get the latter two, but not the running shoes. As you can see, I set the flag for the running shoes to be activated, I even changed the script var to the same one as the scientist who gives you the shoes, just in case. It simply won't activate the shoes, and I've tried a few different methods.

Any suggestions on what I should do differently?

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

Years
Another buggy script...

So this script I have is made up of two parts, a green map tile which is supposed to call the person event, and the person event itself. (Thankfully, this time when I stepped onto the tile, it didn't freeze! It just did nothing... well its an improvement!) I have the Script tile's Var number set to 0905 as well as the person event for the person ID number.
What is supposed to happen is:

1. The game sets the "lockall" command into play.
2. A message box is displayed, and a "!" pops over my head and I face left.
3. The Professor's Sprite is unveiled from a couple blocks away (it was set to hidden on A-map before) and he starts to walk over to me.
4. We talk, I get item, and he leaves.
5. When the Professor's 2nd movement is completed, the sprite is hidden, and I go along my merry way.

The problem is that first off, when I step on the script tile, nothing happens. Also, if I press a (z if you will) where the sprite is supposed to be hidden, the event plays without the sprite showing up.

So I guess what I'm asking is:
How do I get the script tile to call the event, show the sprite, play the dialouge, and then hide the sprite?

Any help is much appreciated ^_^

The Person Event:

Spoiler:

The Script Tile (Shortened from Script Below+Person Event Above to just Script Below:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
applymovement

Thx for the help with the specialheal givepokemon script combo. Have a problem with the next applymovement script. He dosn't go where he needs to go. Th person should go 3 steps up first then 3 steps left and finally 4 steps up before ending up where he should end up.

Here's the script as i compiled it.

Spoiler:

Can you help?

Larsie13

Well, first off, why use the script tile like that? Just give it the same offset as the Person event, that saves some space, and it would still work the same way. Also, and I see that happening a lot, your dynamic offset is too low. You could risk overwriting important data, so use #dynamic 0x800000. Thirdly, var number 0x905 is also too low. Try 0x5000 and up. They're never used by the game. (Except 0x80XX.)
And lastly, if you use setflag 0x905, you should put that as the People ID number for the Professor, and use a hidesprite command before setting the flag. And don't forget to move the setflag to AFTER the last movement, otherwise the professor will disappear before talking and walking away. You'll also have to include a setvar. For instance, use setvar 0x5000 0x1, and give the script tile Var Number 5000, and Var Value 0000.

DarkPrince304

Years
hello again guys
Here's a script
Spoiler:

And here's what the script supposed to do
I begin my game then go to the stairs and mom comes up saying
[PLAYER]!\nWhat am I seeing!\lDo you know its so late\lnight? Go to bed immediately!
and mom remains standing there till I don't sleep
before sleeping if I talk to mom she says "[PLAYER]! Go to bed!
But what the problem is that when I go to the stairs mom comes up and says
[PLAYER]!\nWhat am I seeing!\lDo you know its so late\lnight? Go to bed immediately! [PLAYER]! Go to bed!

She says both of the lines
But I want mom to only speak 1st line and the 2nd line when I try to speak to her before speaking
So PLease correct my script and help me :(
Thanks

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Thx for the help with the specialheal givepokemon script combo. Have a problem with the next applymovement script. He dosn't go where he needs to go. Th person should go 3 steps up first then 3 steps left and finally 4 steps up before ending up where he should end up.

Here's the script as i compiled it.

Spoiler:

Can you help?

I don't see a move script for the 4 steps up in your code. It looks like your code would make person 0x3 step up three, person 0xff face right, 0x3 and 0xff then step left three. EDIT: Also, I realized that person 0xff can't be a correct code, since it needs to be a sprite number, so am not sure what that's supposed to do?

I guess you'd need to add another move script like:

Code:
@move4
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

to make him go 4 more steps up?

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

Years
Well, first off, why use the script tile like that? Just give it the same offset as the Person event, that saves some space, and it would still work the same way. Also, and I see that happening a lot, your dynamic offset is too low. You could risk overwriting important data, so use #dynamic 0x800000. Thirdly, var number 0x905 is also too low. Try 0x5000 and up. They're never used by the game. (Except 0x80XX.)
And lastly, if you use setflag 0x905, you should put that as the People ID number for the Professor, and use a hidesprite command before setting the flag. And don't forget to move the setflag to AFTER the last movement, otherwise the professor will disappear before talking and walking away. You'll also have to include a setvar. For instance, use setvar 0x5000 0x1, and give the script tile Var Number 5000, and Var Value 0000.

Thanks, it worked when I stepped on the script tile! The only problem there is now is that the sprite doesn't show :/

Do I have the setvar command, or showsprite command in the wrong place, or is it because the sprite is set to "hidden" on A-map?

Feel free to make revisions:
Spoiler:

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
Years
[/SOLVED]

Editor XSE 1.1.1
Game Emerald (U) (BPEE)

I have a script that works perfect when used in one place, but stops working in the two other places

Spoiler:
a problem when I compile it is that @work1 and @work2 become this

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
I have a question for Firered.
My script doesn't work :
-The person event 1- Lugia- Does not move when it is supposed to
-Trainer battle does not trigger- it just freezes-
Thanks =)

Spoiler:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Well I'm not sure about Lugia, but the trainerbattle script doesn't trigger because on move7, there's no end of movements (#raw 0xFE) ergot the script will freeze.

DarkPrince304

Years
hello again guys
Here's a script
Spoiler:

And here's what the script supposed to do
I begin my game then go to the stairs and mom comes up saying
[PLAYER]!\nWhat am I seeing!\lDo you know its so late\lnight? Go to bed immediately!
and mom remains standing there till I don't sleep
before sleeping if I talk to mom she says "[PLAYER]! Go to bed!
But what the problem is that when I go to the stairs mom comes up and says
[PLAYER]!\nWhat am I seeing!\lDo you know its so late\lnight? Go to bed immediately! [PLAYER]! Go to bed!

She says both of the lines
But I want mom to only speak 1st line and the 2nd line when I try to speak to her before speaking
So PLease correct my script and help me :(
Thanks

Anyone care to help me :)

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
That script really makes me angry look:
'---------------
#org 0x1A33F0
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0xA3
if 0x1 goto 0x8271FA0
msgbox 0x8271FED MSG_YESNO '"Hi!it's nice to see you here\nafte..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8271FD3
msgbox 0x827203D MSG_NORMAL '"That's too bad...."
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x271FA0
msgbox 0x8272071 MSG_NORMAL '"Good luck at the rest of\nyour que..."
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x271FD3
giveitem 0x1 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
setflag 0xA3
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x271FED
= Hi!it's nice to see you here\nafter a long journey you deserve\pa present,want it
#org 0x27203D
= That's too bad....
#org 0x272071
= Good luck at the rest of\nyour quest!

that's prof oak giving a masterball but instead of giving it,he just says: Good luck at the rest of your quest!

DarkPrince304

Years
I remodled my script to this
Spoiler:

I set the @start offset to the S Tile in Advance Map
and I set the @5 Offset to Mom's Hidden Sprite in Advance Map
and I set the @done Offset to a script on the bed in my room

Here's what the script should do...
I begin my adventure then I go to the stairs...Suddenly Mom comes up saying me that it is late night and I should go to sleep early...And Mom remains blocking the stairs till I don't sleep...And when I sleep I dream about choosing my 1st Pokemon and then next morning Mom shouldn't be there blocking the stairs so I could progress further...

But what happens is...
When I go to stairs mom comes up and says the @3 offset message along with the @5 offset message and when i go to sleep i see the dream and next morning mom is still standing there blocking the way...

What I want to do...
Mom must come up saying @3 offset message telling me to sleep and before sleeping she should keep blocking the way and if i talk to her she should only say @5 offset message...then when i go to sleep the next morning mom shouldn't be there

Please I am having this problem from 3-4 days and I can't solve it
Please help me...
Thanks

Larsie13

Thanks, it worked when I stepped on the script tile! The only problem there is now is that the sprite doesn't show :/

Do I have the setvar command, or showsprite command in the wrong place, or is it because the sprite is set to "hidden" on A-map?

Feel free to make revisions:
Spoiler:
Instead of showsprite 0x5, you might want to try an applymovement. If you have a movement list, somewhere you'll see a "Show" movement. Use that for sprite 5.
Editor XSE 1.1.1
Game Emerald (U) (BPEE)

I have a script that works perfect when used in one place, but stops working in the two other places

Spoiler:
a problem when I compile it is that @work1 and @work2 become this

Spoiler:
Well, you called those two offsets, so XSE treats the #raw 0x8 and 0x9 as commands, namely commands 8 and 9, gotostd and callstd. I guess you wanted movements, so use this:
Code:
#dynamic 0x9C0C74

#org @start
checkflag 0x503
if 0x1 goto @done
lock
setflag 0x503
sound 0x15
applymovement 0x6 @a
applymovement 0x7 @a
waitmovement 0x6
msgbox @1 0x6
getplayerpos 0x800C 0x800D
compare 0x800D 0x10
if 0x1 call @work1
compare 0x800D 0x12
if 0x1 call @work2
applymovement 0x6 @b
applymovement 0x7 @b
applymovement 0xFF @b
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @c
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @d
msgbox @4 0x6
warpteleport 0x0 0x9 0x0 0x0 0x0
release
end

#org @done
end

#org @a
#raw 0x56 0x14 0x14 0x14 0xB 0xB 0xB 0xB 0xB 0xFE

#org @1
= ALEX: Hey, [player]!\nPROF. ALDER isn't going to wait for\lus!\lLet's get to the farmhouse.

#org @work1
applymovement 0x[WHichever sprite you want to move] @work1walk
waitmovement 0
return

#org @work1walk
#raw 0x8 0x27 0xFE

#org @work2
applymovement 0x[Whatever] @work2walk
waitmovement 0
return

#org @work2walk
#raw 0x9 0x27 0xFE

#org @b
#raw 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0xA 0x26 0xFE

#org @2
= PROF. ALDER: ...and those are the\nPOKéMON in the contest.  We have\lalready sent in some people to\lprepare the area.

#org @c
#raw 0x27 0xFE

#org @3
= This man here has let us use his\nfield for this contest so don't go\lpast the fence without his\lpermission.

#org @d
#raw 0x25 0xFE

#org @4
= PROF. ALDER: You will be\nteleported to the area by my\lPOKéMON momentarily.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
That script really makes me angry look:
'---------------
#org 0x1A33F0
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0xA3
if 0x1 goto 0x8271FA0
msgbox 0x8271FED MSG_YESNO '"Hi!it's nice to see you here\nafte..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8271FD3
msgbox 0x827203D MSG_NORMAL '"That's too bad...."
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x271FA0
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x271FD3
giveitem 0x1 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
setflag 0xA3
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x271FED
= Hi!it's nice to see you here\nafter a long journey you deserve\pa present,want it
#org 0x27203D
= That's too bad....
#org 0x272071
= Good luck at the rest of\nyour quest!

that's prof oak giving a masterball but instead of giving it,he just says: Good luck at the rest of your quest!
what about me??????,that's racist!

DarkPrince304

Years
I remodled my script to this
Spoiler:

I set the @start offset to the S Tile in Advance Map
and I set the @5 Offset to Mom's Hidden Sprite in Advance Map
and I set the @done Offset to a script on the bed in my room

Here's what the script should do...
I begin my adventure then I go to the stairs...Suddenly Mom comes up saying me that it is late night and I should go to sleep early...And Mom remains blocking the stairs till I don't sleep...And when I sleep I dream about choosing my 1st Pokemon and then next morning Mom shouldn't be there blocking the stairs so I could progress further...

But what happens is...
When I go to stairs mom comes up and says the @3 offset message along with the @5 offset message and when i go to sleep i see the dream and next morning mom is still standing there blocking the way...

What I want to do...
Mom must come up saying @3 offset message telling me to sleep and before sleeping she should keep blocking the way and if i talk to her she should only say @5 offset message...then when i go to sleep the next morning mom shouldn't be there

Please I am having this problem from 3-4 days and I can't solve it
Please help me...
Thanks

Can anyone please help me too? :(

PlatniumPiano

Years
Instead of showsprite 0x5, you might want to try an applymovement. If you have a movement list, somewhere you'll see a "Show" movement. Use that for sprite 5.

Alright, it works now! ^_^
Mostly... sorry, lol I have another problem but this should be the last one. Everything works fine until the guy gives me the pokeballs, at which point he dissapears? No joke, I'm talking, it plays the fanfare, and poof, he's gone. It still displays the text and finishes the script, just not with him there, though.

:\ help?
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x8003EE
hidesprite 0x5
checkflag 0x905
if 0x0 goto 0x88003FA
lockall
msgbox 0x8800452 MSG_NORMAL '"Wait, [player]!"
setvar 0x5000 0x1
showsprite 0x5
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880045E
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x8800462
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880046C MSG_NORMAL '"ÊÊ\n that Ponyta been\nworking out..."
giveitem 0x4 0x5 MSG_OBTAIN
showsprite 0x5
msgbox 0x88005A7 MSG_NORMAL '"Just throw one when a POKéMON\nyou..."
applymovement 0x5 0x88006FB
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x905
releaseall
end
'---------------
#org 0x8003FA
lockall
msgbox 0x8800452 MSG_NORMAL '"Wait, [player]!"
setvar 0x5000 0x1
showsprite 0x5
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880045E
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x5 0x8800462
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x880046C MSG_NORMAL '"ÊÊ\n that Ponyta been\nworking out..."
giveitem 0x4 0x5 MSG_OBTAIN
showsprite 0x5
msgbox 0x88005A7 MSG_NORMAL '"Just throw one when a POKéMON\nyou..."
applymovement 0x5 0x88006FB
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x5
setflag 0x905
releaseall
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800452
= Wait, [player]!
#org 0x80046C
= ÊÊ\n that Ponyta been\nworking out for you?\p... ... ...\pWell, that's good.\nListen, before you go to\pthe next town, there is\nsomething you should know.\pPonyta won't be your only POKéMON.\pI know, it's crazy, but you can catch\nothers with a tool called a POKéBALL.\pI have some for you here.\nTry it!
#org 0x8005A7
= Just throw one when a POKéMON\nyou want to catch is weak.\pIf all goes well, the POKéMON\nwill be under your command!\p... ... ...\nAnd a word of advice...\pThe next town is the middle-ground\nbetween Terracasa and Crescent.\pIt might be rough.\pBut, good luck anyways.\nIf you were able to defeat Lord Aspen,\pthis should not be a problem for you.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x80045E
#raw 0x56 'Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw 0x2 'Face Left
#org 0x800462
#raw 0x55 'Show
#raw 0x7 'Step Right (Slow)
#raw 0x5 'Step Up (Slow)
#raw 0x5 'Step Up (Slow)
#raw 0x5 'Step Up (Slow)
#org 0x8006FB
#raw 0x55 'Show
#raw 0x6 'Step Left (Slow)
#raw 0x5 'Step Up (Slow)

DarkPrince, what is your mom's person id in a-map?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back