• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
Years
  • I'm new to scripting and I am trying to make a script for getting running shoes. However, when the script is finished, everything is fine except that I don't get the running shoes effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Game: FireRed
    Type: BPR
    Editor: XSE
    Script:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or Videos: N/A

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • You need to add the setflag for the running shoes effect, which I believe is
    setflag 0x82F

But since I'm not hacking Firered, that might be a little off. Look at the original script to make sure you're setting the correct flag.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Hmm how come my script works perfectly until the last apply movement? For some reason on the last applymovement 0x3 doesn't do 800909

Spoiler:

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Hmm how come my script works perfectly until the last apply movement? For some reason on the last applymovement 0x3 doesn't do 800909

Spoiler:
    That pause is an extremely long amount of time, try bringing it down a little.

If pause is not in hex, which it is, that would be 3 minutes and 20 seconds. In hex that is 512 seconds. You do the math.

In case you don't want to, that is 8 minutes, and 52 seconds.

Last edited:

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Yeah but then the text comes in right away. I want it so the text will only start once both players have stopped. Then after the text 0x3 will move up until he's offscreen, and then he'll dissapear.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Yeah but then the text comes in right away. I want it so the text will only start once both players have stopped. Then after the text 0x3 will move up until he's offscreen, and then he'll dissapear.
    Well, take it down to 0x3C, that is 60 seconds. That should be enough time. If you do not want to wait a minute, bring it down to 0x1E, 30 seconds. Pause only applies to applymovement from what I have gathered... If not, then I have no clue.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Allright I just fixed it, now the only problem is trying to get 0x3 to move cuz for some reason he won't.

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
    Years
  • You need to add the setflag for the running shoes effect, which I believe is
    setflag 0x82F

But since I'm not hacking Firered, that might be a little off. Look at the original script to make sure you're setting the correct flag.

Could you elaborate a little more on that? I put Setflag 0x82F in it. I just don't know how to place everything correctly.

Years
  • Would anyone happen to know how to make yourself face forward rather than down right after a warp. My character always looks down after a warp i make rather than forward how i want it. I want his back facing away from the screen rather than toward right after a warp.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Could anybody tell me why the last applymovement isn't working?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Uhm, I'm trying to work out a tide script for a beach. So the tide will come in and go out at diferent times.

However, it can't be clock-based as I'm using FireRed. Omega Arsenal suggested using the players total footsteps or the total time played. But how would I do this? Can anyone help or give ,me a link to a useful tutorial?

Beefinator

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    I'm trying to make a TEAM ROCKET game
    whenever you enter a POKEMON CENTER or POKEMART you go to jail but whenever I compile it the before and after text turns into glitch text
    I really need help
    Game
    Firered

Type
    person script

Editor
    XSE

SCRIPT
    Spoiler:

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
  • Would anyone happen to know how to make yourself face forward rather than down right after a warp. My character always looks down after a warp i make rather than forward how i want it. I want his back facing away from the screen rather than toward right after a warp.
    I've been wondering about that for myself for a while now, but I don't think I ever figured it out. I would try examining an instance where it occurs. More likely, it is a map script. Try using scriptdec to view the scripts.
    Could anybody tell me why the last applymovement isn't working?

Spoiler:
    Sorry, I have no idea how to manage XSE.
    Uhm, I'm trying to work out a tide script for a beach. So the tide will come in and go out at diferent times.

However, it can't be clock-based as I'm using FireRed. Omega Arsenal suggested using the players total footsteps or the total time played. But how would I do this? Can anyone help or give ,me a link to a useful tutorial?
    I would suggest doing a random feature, which I think is raw 8f... If you insist on the step counting, I can give you a sample of how to use it. I myself have not scripted in months, so I don't remember, but all I know is that this script uses step counting for collecting berries off a tree. I think it goes somewhere between 100-200 steps. Again, I would highly recommend using a random script.
    Oh, and 0x81e034 represents 'release' 'end'
    Code:
    #org 0x8664EF
    special 0x0187
    compare 0x800D 0x0002
    if 0x01 call 0x81E034
    special 0x0188
    compare 0x4025 0x01F4
    if 0x00 call $nothing
    message $berry
    $berry 1 = It's a berry tree!\pHey, there's some berries on it!\p\v\h01 picked the berries\hb0
    boxset 6
    setvar 0x7030 0x0101
    setvar 0x7033 0x0106
    giveitem 0x8b 0x3
    setvar 0x7030 0x0106
    setvar 0x7033 0x0101
    setvar 0x7030 0x0129
    setvar 0x7033 0x010A
    #raw 0x6B
    special 0x0197
    end

#org $nothing
    message $berry1
    $berry1 1 = It's a berry tree!\pThere's nothing on it though\hb0
    boxset 6
    release
    end
    whenever you enter a POKEMON CENTER or POKEMART you go to jail but whenever I compile it the before and after text turns into glitch text
    I really need help
    Game
    Firered

Type
    person script

Editor
    XSE

SCRIPT
    Spoiler:

Again, I'm ignorant with XSE, sorry.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Thanks foullump, but how would I construct it? I'm still fairly new to scripting.

Hmm, after reading foullump's post, I agree with him, a random would work... but it would make the tides go in and out at random, not like on a schedule, like in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald...

If you would want to use a clock, you would need to use R/S/E...

But before you do any of this, you may want to start with the basics.
    Go to the toolbox section of the site, and download HackMew's XSE tool.
    (Found in the thread called HackMew's Toolbox.)
    Get that, open it up, and read the guide that comes with it.
    It is an extensive guide on many of the things you need to know to become an intermediate scripter.
    It might seem boring at first, reading from begining to end, but trust me, knowing all of the terms, and the way the tools are used, really helps out in the end.

I mean, it would be much better to learn how to script for yourself, and be able to think, "Wow, I just made this all on my own, I feel proud of myself."
    Wouldn't that be nice? ^_^
    And I don't suggest using PokeScript, a bit of advice foullump, you might want to take a crack at that guide as well, learn XSE, it is similar to PokeScript in some aspects, and it might be easier for you to learn it, since you have some scripting knowledge!

I really need help
    Game
    Firered

Type
    person script

Editor
    XSE

SCRIPT
    Spoiler:

Well, I can see, that you are still trying to use PokeScript, even if you are using XSE...
    XSE does not recognize PokeScript, since XSE uses what I like to call, 'XS' (eXtreme Script)
    I suggest you do the same thing as the other 2 people addressed in this post, make sure you have the NEWEST copy of XSE, and you take a good long look at the guide.
    I'll fix this particular script for you, but after that, I'll only fix XS styled scripts, okay?

Your Script, in XSE form:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Im studying the scripts near the beginning of pokemon Ruby. I cant find the level script or script for:
    When your mom brings you over to the tv cause its showing petalburg and then she sits down
    And when your rivals mom greets you and tells you their son/daughter is upstairs

Does anyone know where those scripts are located and what activates them (level script, tile script)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back