• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
Years
  • @Doomsaloto:
    Try using a script tile instead.

Ok, I did that, and I'm getting some results now. But it's still having a problem- it wont perform the 'Look right' motion, execute the rival battle, or give me the town map, as its supposed too. It will just apply movement to the character and then end. I'll post the scripts (theres 3 now, one for each tile) and see if you can help me out.

Script 1, Middle Tile
    Spoiler:

Script 2, Left Tile
    Spoiler:

Script 3, Right Tile
    Spoiler:

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
    Years
  • Very quick question, when I compile the script, which offset should I take?

I use @start
    and
    @text

So.. which offset?

Use @start.

-----

Okay, level script help. What am I doing wrong? As soon as I enter the map... nothing happens. Music continues, but the map music, not the playsong music. And the player is frozen.

Heeelllpp.

Spoiler:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Ok, I did that, and I'm getting some results now. But it's still having a problem- it wont perform the 'Look right' motion, execute the rival battle, or give me the town map, as its supposed too. It will just apply movement to the character and then end. I'll post the scripts (theres 3 now, one for each tile) and see if you can help me out.

Well, I did notice something..
    Script 3, Right Tile
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    EDIT:
    Also, I don't know if this is script or ASM, but is there a way to change the trainer battle music for a specific trainer?
    ASM, dood. I think. That's what I heard. Ask around somewhere 'cause I'm not that sure.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • right before I posted my script and now most of it is fixed except the give pokemon part, I dont know if this help but its a first pokemon script so the player receives his first pokemon.
    Spoiler:
    could it be that i added the town map to the pokemon?

Years
  • how to make a script when i step on a place the prof oak say wait i have something for you....then he walks to you and give you a pokemon and then he says take care and dissappear for all times i want that that happens only once....can some1 make that script....i will just make then the movements and what pokemon wil he give..plzz

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
    Years
  • That error you pointed out in my script Binary... That was just me being stupid and copy-and pasteing the same script twice into there. Oops. I've got one problem though thats preventing me from checking if the variable 4005 actually has a variable assigned to it. I'm unable to decompile any scripts at all that I've compiled to the ROM. I'll click 'View Script' in advance map, and regardless of the script, it will just pull up a blank script page. Also, when using the 'Offset: Type offset here" thing in XSE and pressing decompile, Ill just get #org 0xoffset, followed by nop. What does that mean?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    right before I posted my script and now most of it is fixed except the give pokemon part, I dont know if this help but its a first pokemon script so the player receives his first pokemon.
    Spoiler:
    could it be that i added the town map to the pokemon?
    Are you sure the following are in hexadecimal?
    Code:
    givepokemon 0x[U]118[/U] 0x[U]5[/U] 0x[U]169[/U] 0x0 0x0 0x0
    how to make a script when i step on a place the prof oak say wait i have something for you....then he walks to you and give you a pokemon and then he says take care and dissappear for all times i want that that happens only once....can some1 make that script....i will just make then the movements and what pokemon wil he give..plzz
    No script requesting D:
    It would be better if you learn't yourself. There are plenty of tutorials.
    That error you pointed out in my script Binary... That was just me being stupid and copy-and pasteing the same script twice into there. Oops. I've got one problem though thats preventing me from checking if the variable 4005 actually has a variable assigned to it. I'm unable to decompile any scripts at all that I've compiled to the ROM. I'll click 'View Script' in advance map, and regardless of the script, it will just pull up a blank script page. Also, when using the 'Offset: Type offset here" thing in XSE and pressing decompile, Ill just get #org 0xoffset, followed by nop. What does that mean?
    Could it be a rom crash? D:
    Or maybe the offsets you've compiled to were not free?

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
    Years
  • I've always compiled to free space, and its not just scripts I wrote, its any script, even the ones that were in the ROM to begin with. I cant view any scripts from within the ROM, period. I hope it isn't a rom crash.

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
    Years
  • Okay, level script help. What am I doing wrong? As soon as I enter the map... nothing happens. Music continues, but the map music, not the playsong music. And the player is frozen.

Heeelllpp.

Spoiler:

Anybody? I've been experimenting with this script for the past few days, and still have gotten nowhere. Any help, speculative or otherwise, is appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Game: Fire Red
    Type: Wild Pokemon Battle
    Editor: PokeScript
    Script:
    Spoiler:

When you interact with Raikou in this case. It sounds the cry, then you go into battle. After battle, the screen fades and Raikou's sprite disappears. But when you move, it comes back and stays. It was supposed to be removed for good, so you cant get another. Anyone know what the problem is? Sorry if someone already posted this.

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    Game: Fire Red
    Type: Wild Pokemon Battle
    Editor: PokeScript
    Script:
    Spoiler:

When you interact with Raikou in this case. It sounds the cry, then you go into battle. After battle, the screen fades and Raikou's sprite disappears. But when you move, it comes back and stays. It was supposed to be removed for good, so you cant get another. Anyone know what the problem is? Sorry if someone already posted this.

Im guessing you have Raikous flag as 1205 in A-map? I found that I couldnt get a sprite to stay hidden with flags over 1000. Try a flag under 1000. That should do it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Im guessing you have Raikous flag as 1205 in A-map? I found that I couldnt get a sprite to stay hidden with flags over 1000. Try a flag under 1000. That should do it.

I tried under 1000(I used 900). It still didnt work, I also set Raikou's Person Id as 900. If that is what you ment, it still didnt work.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2021
    So, I was wondering, hypothetically speaking, is there a way (or some kind of flag) for removing the Option & Save menu items (via scripting)? I'm working on a hack to try & recreate the Pokémon Festa 2002 demo (about 75% finished with it, just some mapping left) & I wanted to try & get it as accurate as possible

In the video, only PokéMon, Bag, (Player Name) & Close were in the menu.

Thanks!

tomotaku

KoganStyle
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    IM USING XSE
    i hav the next problem
    im hacking emerald
    when ill try to just edit the text and make it longer, it wont appear; i think this is not happening everytime, just by that sprites that dissapear after an event happens, what should i do to fix this

Years
  • Hey guys, I'm new here and just wanted to ask a 2questions?

I've searched alot to try and find the answer here but no luck...

My questions are:

1. In Xse, I do everything right, codes etc...follow them strictly step by step.
    -----------------------------
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    message @1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1
    = Hello World
    --------------------------------

. When I test it, the character simply turns to me but he doesn't talk...Can't seem to figure out whats wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. ( Also, if I use FSF to find free space and I put it copy it to Xse, when I finish the codes and press compile, a box comes on saying that "THE ROM DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE"..And the FSF option within Xse is unclickable , its not highlighted at all. Any tips also?
    -----------
    2. When I create a new house using a new map on advance map, I can't seem to enter the house when I test it. The screen goes black and the game freezes... All warps are correctly inserted and I've checked it so many times. Do you know what i'm doing wrong?

Thank you Everyone

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
    Years
    • Age 37
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 24, 2018
    Hi guys, got another script problem! Please see below...
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800383
    #org @start
    lock
    checkflag 0x202
    checkflag 0x237
    if 0x1 goto @battle
    faceplayer
    msgbox @goaway MSG_KEEPOPEN
    closeonkeypress
    applymovement 0x7 @lkdwn
    release
    end

#org @battle
    faceplayer
    msgbox @intro MSG_KEEPOPEN
    closeonkeypress
    trainerbattle 0x3 0x3 0x0 @defeat
    msgbox @outro MSG_KEEPOPEN
    closeonkeypress
    fadescreen 0x1
    hidesprite 0x7
    fadescreen 0x0
    setflag 0x202
    release
    end

#org @lkdwn
    #raw 0x0
    #raw 0xFE

#org @goaway
    = JESSICA: ...\pHmph.\pListen, right now, I don't have\ntime for you.\pJust go away, OK?

#org @intro
    = JESSICA: Don't you ever give up?\pLook, [player],\pit's nothing personal, I just\ncan't let you go on.\pThis mission is important to me.\pNow leave.\p...\n...\pStubborn as usual, eh?

#org @defeat
    = JESSICA: You know [player], this is\ngetting old REALLY fast.

#org @outro
    = JESSICA: I've about had it with\nyou.\pYou've even defeated my colleague,\nLeon.\pUGH!\pJust...just.\pHMPH!

applymovement 0x7 @lkdwn
    @lkdwn
    #raw 0x0 'face down
    #raw 0xFE 'end movement

At this point, the sprite in question doesn't look down. I've tried it with and without faceplayer but I still get the same issue.

Also, I want to hide a sprite on the map then show it when I walk over a certain spot (eg. Rival) but I'm not sure how you hide the sprite. I checked the header scripts but theres nothing in there. Does having "showsprite" automatically hide the sprite?

Last edited:

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    FireFox,

Is this in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald? If it is, your problem is that you forgot waitmovement 0x7 under your applymovement command.

An easy way to do this is to replace the applymovement command with spriteface 0x7 0x1. 0x7 being the person event number and 0x1 meaning 'face down'.

What's with the two checkflags? I don't know if you can check TWO flags this way. If not, remove the one you don't need.

To hide a sprite, you need to set a flag first and put that flag in the Person ID of the sprite. When you want it to reappear, you clear the flag in a clear flag command (clearflag 0x[flag]) and use showsprite 0x[event number]. Check a tutorial in the Tutorials section for more detailed info.

Chad -

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Hey guys, I'm new here and just wanted to ask a 2questions?

I've searched alot to try and find the answer here but no luck...

My questions are:

1. In Xse, I do everything right, codes etc...follow them strictly step by step.
    -----------------------------
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    message @1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1
    = Hello World
    --------------------------------

. When I test it, the character simply turns to me but he doesn't talk...Can't seem to figure out whats wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. ( Also, if I use FSF to find free space and I put it copy it to Xse, when I finish the codes and press compile, a box comes on saying that "THE ROM DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE"..And the FSF option within Xse is unclickable , its not highlighted at all. Any tips also?
    -----------
    2. When I create a new house using a new map on advance map, I can't seem to enter the house when I test it. The screen goes black and the game freezes... All warps are correctly inserted and I've checked it so many times. Do you know what i'm doing wrong?

Thank you Everyone

1. Copy FSF to the same folder in which XSE is in. Remember to open your rom in XSE. You can open FSF via XSE. Find free space, copy it to "#dynamic 0xoffset", compile, copy the address of the first pointer i.e. in your script, @start. Paste the address in AM in the script offset box. Test it.

2. It would be better if you edited pre-existing maps.

Years
  • how will i create a script for rival?like,he will walk to you then battle you then he will talk again after the battle then he will walk away??help pls.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back