• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEXX5

The Enthusiest
Years
  • how do i make a person (pokeball) disapear after i pick it up... oh its a givepokemon script

#org 0x885D5B2
    '-----------------------------------
    lock
    checkflag 0x1000
    if true jump 0x885D5EC ' Flag is set
    setflag FR_POKEMON
    countpokemon
    compare LASTRESULT 0x6
    if == jump 0x885D5EE ' Equal To
    addpokemon EEVEE 5 EVERSTONE 0x0 0x0 0x0
    setflag 0x1000
    storepokemon 0x0 EEVEE
    message 0x885D69B ' Its your \v\h02!
    fanfare 0x101
    showmsg
    waitfanfare
    waitbutton
    release
    end

#org 0x885D5EC
    release
    end

#org 0x885D5EE
    msgbox 0x885D5F8 ' You don't have enoug...
    callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
    release
    ' Release commands close any open messages
    end

#org 0x885D69B
    = Its your \v\h02!

#org 0x885D5F8
    = You don't have enough room in your party.

thetripplenine

tripple.
    Years
  • how do i make a person (pokeball) disapear after i pick it up... oh its a givepokemon script

#org 0x885D5B2
    lock
    checkflag 0x1000
    if true jump 0x885D5EC ' Flag is set
    setflag FR_POKEMON
    countpokemon
    compare LASTRESULT 0x6
    if == jump 0x885D5EE ' Equal To
    addpokemon EEVEE 5 EVERSTONE 0x0 0x0 0x0
    setflag 0x1000
    storepokemon 0x0 EEVEE
    message 0x885D69B ' Its your \v\h02!
    fanfare 0x101
    showmsg
    waitfanfare
    waitbutton
    release
    end

#org 0x885D5EC
    release
    end

#org 0x885D5EE
    msgbox 0x885D5F8 ' You don't have enoug...
    callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
    release
    ' Release commands close any open messages
    end

#org 0x885D69B
    = Its your \v\h02!

#org 0x885D5F8
    = You don't have enough room in your party.

You have to use the command "hidesprite 0x(Person number)"

Then in advance map the flag number "1000" set as the person ID

Kyoko1

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    And please, HEXX5, don't use flags that go into the VAR area.. -.-
    0x200 - 0x400 is quite free is guess..

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    I really need help with a give national dex script for fire red I've tried the following but it just upgrades it is there a way to give the national dex without having first getting the regional dex?

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Here you go ;). What you only had to do was to activate the pokedex menu (which is highlighted in red). If you don't need the text to repeat itself one more time, then you should remove the callstd command...I don't know if you still need help for this script, though...

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2014
    Hey guys, I'm trying to make a script which when the player steps on the script tile, if they do not have their pokemon, it will automatically make them step back from the door. Here is what I have so far...

(Move back script)
    #dynamic 0x80B7F2

#org @start
    checkflag 0x828
    if 0x1 goto @done
    msgbox @1 0x6
    applymovement 0xFF @move
    release
    end

#org @done
    release
    end

#org @1
    = Better not leave your POKEMON!

#org @move
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0xFE

Years
  • Hey guys, I'm trying to make a script which when the player steps on the script tile, if they do not have their pokemon, it will automatically make them step back from the door. Here is what I have so far...

(Move back script)
    #dynamic 0x80B7F2

#org @start
    checkflag 0x828
    if 0x1 goto @done
    msgbox @1 0x6
    applymovement 0xFF @move
    release
    end

#org @done
    release
    end

#org @1
    = Better not leave your POKEMON!

#org @move
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0xFE

This script will make the player step back but it won't make it leave the room.
    So, instead of applymovement 0xFF @move you'll need to use a warp code that makes the player teleport outside.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2014
    Its not supposed to make them leave the room. It is just supposed to make them walk backwards if they try and leave without their pokemon. I am not trying to make them leave at all. Could you review the script again, still don't have it working.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Assuming you are inserting the script correctly, the only thing I see missing is either a 'pause 0x__' or 'waitmovement 0x0' command after the applymovement.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2014
    Made a couple of changes, and now the text is appearing as it is supposed to, then the game freezes. I'm not sure what I'm missing tbh, help? In advancemap I have the var number in as 5002 and unknown as 3, as it is supposed to be, right?

Spoiler:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Made a couple of changes, and now the text is appearing as it is supposed to, then the game freezes. I'm not sure what I'm missing tbh, help? In advancemap I have the var number in as 5002 and unknown as 3, as it is supposed to be, right?

Spoiler:

Your var is way to high. Read this: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I need some help with my script

I( got bored this afternoon and started making a simple emerald hack that just simplifies some parts of gameplay.
    I have a script that when i try to compile it says checkitem should be integer. What can i do to fix this, and what other errors are in this script? sry im new to scripting.:)
    heres the script
    Spoiler:

Years
  • @joexv, what scripting programming are you using?? Apparently, you're missing the implementation of items label recognition or whatever what that can be called, either you need to enable some option in the program you're using or the program file is missing the file that is used to recognise items.

If you can't find how to fix it, try to replace items names by their respective ID in hexadecimal.
    f.e.: EONTICKET's ID in Emerald is 275 which is 0x113 in hexadecimal.
    checkitem EONTICKET 1 becomes checkitem 0x113 0x1

P.S.: Use Item Editor to get the ID (index) of an Item.
    Use FFS or Windows' calculator to convert the ID from decimal to hexadecimal.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    Hey all, I'm completely new to scripting and tried to make a trigger event (that triggers in the first area of my hack) but for some reason whenever I step on the trigger the game freezes... why? When I made it a person event it worked perfectly well..

Spoiler:

Years
  • The script tile needs to have the first Unknown in Advance Map set to 0003, and you should assign it a Var number. If you set the var number to, say, 4054, then, if you setvar 0x4054 to anything other than the Var value (i.e., 0000), the script will then no longer activate.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    The script tile needs to have the first Unknown in Advance Map set to 0003, and you should assign it a Var number. If you set the var number to, say, 4054, then, if you setvar 0x4054 to anything other than the Var value (i.e., 0000), the script will then no longer activate.

Okay thanks :) that explains why it worked perfectly when I accidentally put it on a person...xD

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • @joexv, what scripting programming are you using?? Apparently, you're missing the implementation of items label recognition or whatever what that can be called, either you need to enable some option in the program you're using or the program file is missing the file that is used to recognise items.

If you can't find how to fix it, try to replace items names by their respective ID in hexadecimal.
    f.e.: EONTICKET's ID in Emerald is 275 which is 0x113 in hexadecimal.
    checkitem EONTICKET 1 becomes checkitem 0x113 0x1

P.S.: Use Item Editor to get the ID (index) of an Item.
    Use FFS or Windows' calculator to convert the ID from decimal to hexadecimal.
    @Kurapika Im using pksvui, and i figured out what i did wrong, in the storeitem line i put the 0 before the item. Once i fixed that it compiled just fine. Now hopefully it doesnt give me a white screen.
    Edit: Turns out it does give me a white screen. Ill try it on a fresh rom to see if thats whats causing it. Ok so it was something else causing the white screen this script works! Yay!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    FireRed hack: I was trying to make the guy from Game Freak to give me a Pokémon instead of the diploma once I catch the first X number of Pokémon. However, it seems the diploma is not considered an item and the script of the guy doesn't help either:

Spoiler:

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • FireRed hack: I was trying to make the guy from Game Freak to give me a Pokémon instead of the diploma once I catch the first X number of Pokémon. However, it seems the diploma is not considered an item and the script of the guy doesn't help either:

Spoiler:

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
    Remove special 0x108 (and waitstate) and use the givepokemon command.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Remove special 0x108 (and waitstate) and use the givepokemon command.

Thanks for the reply. So special 0x108 is for the diploma? IIRC, there should be two, one for regional and another for national dex, right? Where is the other one? And where do I change the amount of Pokémon for the national dex?

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2014
    Hey guys. Can someone help me get my script to work which starts a wild battle after defeating a trainer? I have this so far, but as of now, the game exits the script and only battles after I click on the same sprite again. I can't seem to identify what is wrong, and it shouldn't even be that difficult. Help?

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back