• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years

• It is there in my script. I must've forgot to add that when I pasted it. I've edited my post to include it.

Ok i figured it out. In your script
    this
    Code:
    #org move
    #raw 0x2
    #raw 0xFE

Should be this
    Code:
    #org @move
    #raw 0x2
    #raw 0xFE
    You forgot the @ right before move.
    hope that helps.

wheat32

smittywheat
    Years
  • Ok i figured it out. In your script
    this
    Code:
    #org move
    #raw 0x2
    #raw 0xFE
    Should be this
    Code:
    #org @move
    #raw 0x2
    #raw 0xFE
    You forgot the @ right before move.
    hope that helps.
    Thank you so much! :) I'm not sure how I overlooked that, but thank you for fixing it!

wheat32

smittywheat
    Years
  • Back again with a question! I'm using eXtreme Script Editor, and I want to know if it's possible to use msgbox @x 0x5 to give options other than yes/no, and if there can be more than two options.
    Thanks in advance!

Joexv

Years
  • Back again with a question! I'm using eXtreme Script Editor, and I want to know if it's possible to use msgbox @x 0x5 to give options other than yes/no, and if there can be more than two options.
    Thanks in advance!

No you use a script like this:
    Spoiler:

the first ? is the multichoise option you want, so 1 = Eevee/Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon/Quit (in fire red)
    the second ? is 0x0: press B and it closes the menu.
    0x1: If you press B the menu does not close.
    heres a list of fire red multichoise options
    Spoiler:

and heres ruby
    Spoiler:

and then emerald
    Spoiler:

theres a multichoise editor in the toolbox section if you want to edit these.

wheat32

smittywheat
    Years
  • No you use a script like this:
    Spoiler:

the first ? is the multichoise option you want, so 1 = Eevee/Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon/Quit (in fire red)
    the second ? is 0x0: press B and it closes the menu.
    0x1: If you press B the menu does not close.
    heres a list of fire red multichoise options
    Spoiler:

and heres ruby
    Spoiler:

and then emerald
    Spoiler:

theres a multichoise editor in the toolbox section if you want to edit these.

I am using Firered, but is there a way to make them display custom messages instead of the preset ones?

wheat32

smittywheat
    Years
  • theres a tutorial there too.
    i forgot that the donwload link on there is dead so i uploaded mine.
    Ah! Thank you so much again! While I'm in the business of asking questions, I am trying to use hidesprite in one of my scripts, where I step on the script to make the sprite disappear, but it isn't working. This is the script:
    Spoiler:

There is a script on the map with the offset: $802900
    However, when I step on the script in-game, it just freezes my character. Do you know how I could fix this?
    Also, I had to remove the link in your quote so I would be able to post this.
    EDIT: I am also not sure if the sprite disappears due to not being able to see it when my character freezes.

Last edited:

Joexv

Years

• Ah! Thank you so much again! While I'm in the business of asking questions, I am trying to use hidesprite in one of my scripts, where I step on the script to make the sprite disappear, but it isn't working. This is the script:
    Spoiler:

There is a script on the map with the offset: #dynamic 0x802900
    However, when I step on the script in-game, it just freezes my character. Do you know how I could fix this?
    Spoiler:

try that and set the var number in a-map to 5000. And then set the person id to 102 or 103(the flag number that you set in the script). Test that out and report the results cause i feal like i forgot something. oh and one last thing the hidesprite script is used like this hidesprite 0x(person number) not hidesprite 0x(flag number)

wheat32

smittywheat
    Years
  • Spoiler:

try that and set the var number in a-map to 5000. And then set the person id to 102 or 103(the flag number that you set in the script). Test that out and report the results cause i feal like i forgot something. oh and one last thing the hidesprite script is used like this hidesprite 0x(person number) not hidesprite 0x(flag number)

I've done that and my character still freezes on the script tile.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019

Ah! Thank you so much again! While I'm in the business of asking questions, I am trying to use hidesprite in one of my scripts, where I step on the script to make the sprite disappear, but it isn't working. This is the script:
    Spoiler:

There is a script on the map with the offset: $802900
    EDIT: I am also not sure if the sprite disappears due to not being able to see it when my character freezes.
    This is how I did it:
    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org @start
    lock
    checkgender
    compare 0x800D 0x0
    if 0x1 call @showLilly
    compare 0x800D 0x1
    if 0x1 call @showBlake
    setvar 0x4090 0x1
    release
    end

#org @showLilly
    hidesprite 0x4
    setflag 0x221
    return

#org @showBlake
    hidesprite 0x5
    setflag 0x220
    return
    Nothing is set in stone, of course, and you can choose to do it in a different way than I did. I personally prefer the call command, because I can follow the logic better, but you can alter the script to use goto. I'm assuming that you want to hide different sprites depending on your gender? As for the flags, a lot of the flags in the 100's area are used to control the visibility of items on the ground, so it should be safe to use if the flag isn't used/you delete the flag. I just used flag 220 and 221 though because they're safe to use, no biggie.

EDIT: Look at this for reference in the future: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

Last edited:

wheat32

smittywheat
    Years
  • This is how I did it:

Nothing is set in stone, of course, and you can choose to do it in a different way than I did. I personally prefer the call command, because I can follow the logic better, but you can alter the script to use goto. I'm assuming that you want to hide different sprites depending on your gender? As for the flags, a lot of the flags in the 100's area are used to control the visibility of items on the ground, so it should be safe to use if the flag isn't used/you delete the flag. I just used flag 220 and 221 though because they're safe to use, no biggie.

EDIT: Look at this for reference in the future:
    I read the thread you linked and even used the script you provided, while my character no longer freezes, the sprites still remain unhidden after stepping on the script trigger. The script I am using:
    Spoiler:

And here are three screen shots of what the two sprites and the script trigger look like in A-Map:
    http ://imgur.com /RXCJH2v
    http ://imgur.com /cp9QD24
    http ://imgur.com /2be2yc2
    I couldn't post these pictures regularly due to not having posted 15 times, so just remove the two spaces in those links. There is a space after "http" and after ".com".
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Also: I had to remove a link quoted above so I could post this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    Hi. I'm having some issues with what should be a very simple thing. If someone could help me, I'd be forever grateful.

Anyway, what I am trying to do, it put a Cut Tree in on Route 21 in Fire Red. I've moved the fence from the top of the route to just above the grass, and taken out one square of it and added a cut tree event, calling the exact same script as the two in Viridian City, (and all the others throughout the game, I'm guessing). So, when I enter Route 21, the tree is there, right where it should be, however, when I interact with it, it loads up a battle. Anyone got any idea as to why this is happening? Here is the script that it calls.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019

I read the thread you linked and even used the script you provided, while my character no longer freezes, the sprites still remain unhidden after stepping on the script trigger. The script I am using:
    Spoiler:

And here are three screen shots of what the two sprites and the script trigger look like in A-Map:
    http ://imgur.com /RXCJH2v
    http ://imgur.com /cp9QD24
    http ://imgur.com /2be2yc2
    I couldn't post these pictures regularly due to not having posted 15 times, so just remove the two spaces in those links. There is a space after "http" and after ".com".
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Also: I had to remove a link quoted above so I could post this.
    Ok I think you're confused with the difference between the person event number and the person ID. The whole purpose of the setflag command right there is to make sure the sprite stays hidden. 220 and 221, therefore, should be the Person ID. Similarly, with hidesprite, you should be using the Person event number in that case. So in your case, it would be 0x3 and 0x6.
    EDIT: make sure your var value for your script box is 0 btw. The reason why I set the var value to 1 in the script was to make sure the script wouldn't happen again. Basically, the script will trigger only when the var value is equal to 0. If you set it to 1 in Advance Map, the script won't trigger.

Last edited:

wheat32

smittywheat
    Years
  • Ok I think you're confused with the difference between the person event number and the person ID. The whole purpose of the setflag command right there is to make sure the sprite stays hidden. 220 and 221, therefore, should be the Person ID. Similarly, with hidesprite, you should be using the Person event number in that case. So in your case, it would be 0x3 and 0x6.
    EDIT: make sure your var value for your script box is 0 btw. The reason why I set the var value to 1 in the script was to make sure the script wouldn't happen again. Basically, the script will trigger only when the var value is equal to 0. If you set it to 1 in Advance Map, the script won't trigger.
    The whole hidesprite thing was very confusing to me. Thank you so much for clarifying it for me!

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2015
    i keep run into this every time i compile a script/change (oak's script).

Code:
    #org 0x818E116
    = Kelart: Now, \v\h01.\pInside those three POK\e BALLS are\nPOK\eMON.\pWhich one will you choose for\nyourself?

#org 0x81A72AD
    = Thank you, \v\h01!\nSincerely, thank you!\lYou've made my dream a reality!

#org 0x81A7291
    = What!!!

#org 0x818E871
    = POK\eMON around the world wait for\nyou, \v\h01!

#org 0x818EDF5
    = Ah, now this is excellent!\p\v\h01, I have another important\nfavor to ask of you.\pI need you to listen closely.

#org 0x818EE60
    = Recently, there have been sightings\nof many rare POK\eMON species.\pI'm talking about POK\eMON that\nhave never been seen in KANTO.\pI would love to go see things for\nmyself, but I'm much too old.\pSince I can't do it, \v\h01, I'd\nlike you to go in my place.

#org 0x818EF59
    = \v\h06: Hey, I heard that!\pProfessor, what's with favoring\n\v\h01 over me all the time?\pI went and collected more POK\eMON,\nand faster, too.\pYou should just let me handle\neverythinKelart: I know, I know.\nOf course I need your help, too.\pNow, I need to see both your\nPOK\eDEXEPROF. Kelart took both POK\eDEX\nunit[.] [.] [.]  [.] [.] [.]\p[.] [.] [.]  [.] [.] [.]\p[.]And that's done!\pNow these units can record data on\na lot more POK\eMON.

#org 0x818F004
    = Kelart: I know, I know.\nOf course I need your help, too.\pNow, I need to see both your\nPOK\eDEXEPROF. Kelart took both POK\eDEX\nunit[.] [.] [.]  [.] [.] [.]\p[.] [.] [.]  [.] [.] [.]\p[.]And that's done!\pNow these units can record data on\na lot more POK\eMON.

#org 0x818F062
    = PROF. Kelart took both POK\eDEX\nunit[.] [.] [.]  [.] [.] [.]\p[.] [.] [.]  [.] [.] [.]\p[.]And that's done!\pNow these units can record data on\na lot more POK\eMON.

#org 0x818F085
    = [.] [.] [.]  [.] [.] [.]\p[.] [.] [.]  [.] [.] [.]\p[.]And that's done!\pNow these units can record data on\na lot more POK\eMON.

#org 0x818F0E8
    = \v\h01's POK\eDEX was upgraded!

#org 0x818F103
    = Now, \v\h01 and \v\h06!\pThis time, you really must work\ntowards filling your POK\eDEXES.\pI urge you to make them the best\nand the most complete of all time!\pTruly, this is a monumentally great\nundertaking in POK\eMON history!

#org 0x818F1DB
    = \v\h06: Professor, calm down.\nDon't get so excited.\pI'll get the POK\eDEX completed,\ndon't you worry about a thing.\pI think I'll try looking around\nONE ISLAND first[.]\pAnyways, I'm outta here!

#org 0x818E98E
    = Kelart: Come see me sometime.\pAfter all, I want to know how your\nPOK\eDEX is coming along.

#org 0x818E89C
    = Ah, \v\h01!\nHow is your POK\eDEX shaping up?\p\v\h06 has already caught some\nPOK\eMON and added to the data.\pSo, \v\h01, let's have a look at\nyour POK\eDEX.\p[.]What's the matter?\nYou've added no new data at all.\pI'll give you these, so do try a\nlittle harder.

#org 0x818E6B3
    = N.

#org 0x818E405
    = When.

#org 0x818E4AF
    = \v\h01 delivered Kelart'S PARCEAh! \nIt's the custom POK\e BALL!\pI had it on order.\nThank you!

#org 0x818E4CA
    = Ah! \nIt's the custom POK\e BALL!\pI had it on order.\nThank you!

#org 0x818DE8D
    = \v\h06: Professo\v\h06: I almost forgot!\nWhat did you call me for?

#org 0x818DE99
    = \v\h06: I almost forgot!\nWhat did you call me for?

#org 0x818E508
    = Kelart: Oh, right!\nI have a request for you twOn the desk there is my invention,\nthe POK\eDEX!\pIt automatically records data on\nPOK\eMON you've seen or caught.\pIt's a high-tech encyclopedia!

#org 0x818E536
    = On the desk there is my invention,\nthe POK\eDEX!\pIt automatically records data on\nPOK\eMON you've seen or caught.\pIt's a high-tech encyclopedia!

#org 0x818E5C5
    = Kelart: \v\h01 and \v\h06.\nTake these with yo\v\h01 received the POK\eDEX\nfrom PROF. KelarKelart: You can't get detailed data\non POK\eMON by just seeing them.\pYou must catch them to obtain\ncomplete data.\pSo, here are some tools for\ncatching wild POK\eMON.

#org 0x818E5EA
    = \v\h01 received the POK\eDEX\nfrom PROF. KelarKelart: You can't get detailed data\non POK\eMON by just seeing them.\pYou must catch them to obtain\ncomplete data.\pSo, here are some tools for\ncatching wild POK\eMON.

#org 0x818E612
    = Kelart: You can't get detailed data\non POK\eMON by just seeing them.\pYou must catch them to obtain\ncomplete data.\pSo, here are some tools for\ncatching wild POK\eMON.

#org 0x818E6D0
    = When a wild POK\eMON appears,\nit's fair game.\pJust throw a POK\e BALL at it and\ntry to catch it!\pThis won't always work, however.\pA healthy POK\eMON can escape.\nYou have to be lucky!

#org 0x818E784
    = To make a complete guide on all\nthe POK\eMON in the world[.]\pThat was my dream!\pBut, I'm too old.\nI can't get the job done.\pSo, I want you two to fulfill my\ndream for me.\pGet moving, you two.\pThis is a great undertaking in\nPOK\eMON history!

#org 0x818DEC8
    = \v\h06: All right, Professor!\nLeave it all to m\v\h01, I hate to say it, but you\nwon't be necessary for this.\pI know! \pDon't bother coming around to\nmy place!

#org 0x818DEF3
    = \v\h01, I hate to say it, but you\nwon't be necessary for this.\pI know! \pDon't bother coming around to\nmy place!

#org 0x818E3AD
    = no.

#org 0x818E330
    = t!

#org 0x81A75E1
    M faceplayer end

#org 0x8169990
    M onspot_down onspot_down_fast onspot_down onspot_down onspot_down_fast onspot_down end

#org 0x8169997
    M onspot_up onspot_up_fast onspot_up onspot_up onspot_up_fast onspot_up end

#org 0x8169B94
    M look_down_delayed pause_long pause_long pause_long pause_long pause_long pause look_left_delayed end

#org 0x8169B9D
    M walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up end

#org 0x81A75ED
    M look_down_delayed end

#org 0x8169B91
    M pause_short look_down_delayed end

#org 0x81A75DB
    M say_! end

#org 0x81A75DD
    M pause_long pause_long pause_long end

#org 0x81A75E9
    M look_up_delayed end

#org 0x816999E
    M onspot_left onspot_left_fast onspot_left onspot_left onspot_left_fast onspot_left end

#org 0x81699A5
    M onspot_right onspot_right_fast onspot_right onspot_right onspot_right_fast onspot_right end

#org 0x81A75E7
    M look_left_delayed end

#org 0x8169232
    M walk_up walk_left look_up_delayed pause_long pause_short end

#org 0x8169238
    M walk_left walk_left walk_up pause_long pause_short end

#org 0x81698C7
    M pause_long pause look_left_delayed end

#org 0x81698C3
    M pause_long pause look_up_delayed end

#org 0x816987C
    M walk_right walk_down end

#org 0x816987F
    M walk_down walk_right end

#org 0x8169878
    M pause_long pause look_right_delayed end

#org 0x8169BA4
    M walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down end

#org 0x81A75EB
    M look_right_delayed end

#org 0x81698CB
    M walk_up walk_left pause_long look_down_delayed end

#org 0x81698D0
    M walk_left walk_left walk_up pause_long look_right_delayed end

Last edited by a moderator:

Joexv

Years
  • i keep run into this every time i compile a script/change (oak's script).
    Spoiler:

so whats the issue youre having?

Years
  • LASTRESULT is not defined, which means you are missing the key std.rbc file that comes with XSE. You can manually define it like I did in your spoiler above.

Thnx adding it manually did the trick. I seem to have a problem with msgbox 4 and 5. The error I get is : Type mismatch. No dynamic lable. I dont know whats wrong but I think its my xse? But I wanted to ask before I would try to reinstal xse in case its something stupid I'm doing.

Here is a script that gives me the error.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Thnx adding it manually did the trick. I seem to have a problem with msgbox 4 and 5. The error I get is : Type mismatch. No dynamic lable. I dont know whats wrong but I think its my xse? But I wanted to ask before I would try to reinstal xse in case its something stupid I'm doing.

Here is a script that gives me the error.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Replace the bold part with whatever you want.

Years
  • Oh WOW. How in the world did I miss that one? In the big script I had the problem I had forgotten to add the message. And while testing it on little scripts I just totally forgot about them cause they where just test scripts to find out where the problem was. I'm so stupid ;-;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back