• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2020
    (First post, probably being a mega noob)
    Learning to script but unfortunately I'm right at the bottom of the learning curve,(well not right at the bottom, maybe a couple o' centimeters up) so bear with me if I've made a foolish mistake.

Trying to make a script that as you enter a room a person walks up to you, dialogue and then you receive pokemon, however I enter the room and it all just freezes T.T

Help would be brilliant, thanks

Spoiler:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • (First post, probably being a mega noob)
    Learning to script but unfortunately I'm right at the bottom of the learning curve,(well not right at the bottom, maybe a couple o' centimeters up) so bear with me if I've made a foolish mistake.

Trying to make a script that as you enter a room a person walks up to you, dialogue and then you receive pokemon, however I enter the room and it all just freezes T.T

Help would be brilliant, thanks

Spoiler:

If it's assigned on script tile (green s) Change Var number to 4050 and unknown to 0300. If you're doing a level script, you should do it correctly and follow the tut here.
    I didn't check your script, but that should help or whatsoever. If something goes wrong, I'll check your script.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • OK so when the player steps on a green script tile that has this script on it, it wont show any msgboxes, it wont activate the movesprite2 script, the screen only unfades when doing the earthquake script, and then when it warps it just shows a black screen.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    OK so when the player steps on a green script tile that has this script on it, it wont show any msgboxes, it wont activate the movesprite2 script, the screen only unfades when doing the earthquake script, and then when it warps it just shows a black screen.
    Spoiler:
    Mind showing us what you did in Advance Map?

Joexv

Years
  • Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

From what I can tell there isnt anything that should be causing this issue

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

From what I can tell there isn't anything that should be causing this issue
    Hmm looks fine on Advance Map, although I can't really tell because the picture is small.
    Actually I just noticed, it might be because you forgot to put some waitmovement commands after your applymovement commands. Fix that, and see what happens.

Joexv

Years
  • Hmm, that's weird. I can't really tell what's going wrong. (although I'm probably just having a brainfart xD)

I guess you and me both. So i took out the warp script just so I could see if anything moved or such and the movesprite2 did work but it looks like the sprite and the officer that was right next to him who moved a step to the right are right on top of eachother. But still not one msgbox works. OK so I have almost gotten it to work. For some reason when it compiled it removed the callstd 0x6 under every msgbox script, putting that in there fixed that but now the movesprite isnt working. XD I wonder what else will fail next.Fixed it. It turns out it was just a movement mess up lol. I should probably start getting rest before i script.

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • Hello, Interwebers...~

I'm having a weird problem here:
    Code:
    message @t8 6
    special 0x113
    hidesprite 0xFF
    pause 0x20
    showsprite 0xFF
    pause 0x20
    hidesprite 0xFF
    pause 0x20
    showsprite 0xFF
    fadescreen 0x1
    pause 0x20
    fadescreen 0x0
    message @t9 6
    This is just a small part of a script. The problem here is that in game, when the player sprite is supposed to disappear then reappear a few times, he only disappears once and then never reappears at all after that. Any idea why this might be happening? Btw, after he disappears once, the game takes some time (as if it were executing the showsprite commands) and then continues with the script with the player's sprite gone.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2014
    Hey guys, Im pretty new at scripting and all, so Im trying to make a person that sells specific items (Sun stones and Moon stones). I put the code in, and it worked great, except that even though i changed the items to be sold, it still sold the Pokeball, Potion, Antidote, and Parlyz heal. Can anyone see what im doing wrong? Or is it the fact that I pulled the script off of the Veridian City pokemart vendor?

My version:
    Spoiler:

Normal Version:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    In my game you get three starter Pokemon. On your way out, your rival battles you. However, when you switch out a Pokemon, that Pokemon's battle sprite does not appear. I am using trainerbattle 0x9 ; but I don't know what's up. Here's my script:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2014
    So, what I want to do is making four people walk the same path together until they go so far you can't see them on the screen, then they disappear. The only problem is that as soon as I move they respawn back in the starting place. The "msgbox" commands are there to check if there's a problem between the other commands:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: This is the part in the "On entering map/on menu close" script:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2014
    So, what I want to do is making four people walk the same path together until they go so far you can't see them on the screen, then they disappear. The only problem is that as soon as I move they respawn back in the starting place.

Now, Im no expert, but perhaps it would work if you removed the hidesprite commands in the 2nd spoiler. Try just making the checkflag in the first part of the code, and dont use the second half. It may be that the "hidesprite" is just being toggled, and thats why they are respawning.

Joexv

Years
  • So, what I want to do is making four people walk the same path together until they go so far you can't see them on the screen, then they disappear. The only problem is that as soon as I move they respawn back in the starting place. The "msgbox" commands are there to check if there's a problem between the other commands:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: This is the part in the "On entering map/on menu close" script:
    Spoiler:
    You have to put a setflag script right after the hidesprites.
    Then in a-map put the flag you used and type it into all 4 of the person id.
    Once you put the setflag you can get rid of the level script.

CyanCerulean

Adorables
    Years
  • Okay, so here's my problem: This whole script works perfectly fine, I mean, it's not exactly complicated, but it looks like it never sets the flag to warp you into the ship... any help appreciated!
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back