• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    The bold/underlined part is where I noticed something. Here's how I would check for no.
    Spoiler:

I believe the dad calling you thing is a special, I think I read that somewhere in Research and Development.
    You need a new level script in every map by the way. So you might have to cut the giant movement script into different pieces.

No, the mr briney is one long script and as I've said I've made an even longer movement for another script which works fine. The yes/no woks fine, maybe it's because when you're on the boat it can't check level scripts.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2016
    i am having trouble with this code:

#dynamic 0x802F00

#org @30
    msgbox @31 0x6
    release
    end

#org @31
    = Nurse: Oh my god!! Oh my god!\nYou're awake! Doctor! Doctor!\lCome He is awake!

everything works fine but it wont accept the text. It keeps on saying error 9: subscript out of range on line 9. what should i do?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    i am having trouble with this code:

#dynamic 0x802F00

#org @30
    msgbox @31 0x6
    release
    end

#org @31
    = Nurse: Oh my god!! Oh my god!\nYou're awake! Doctor! Doctor!\lCome He is awake!

everything works fine but it wont accept the text. It keeps on saying error 9: subscript out of range on line 9. what should i do?

Please check your XSE version through Help > About. You need to use XSE version 1.1.1

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    Can some one make me a script where an opposing trainer disappears after the battle? Thanks!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Can some one make me a script where an opposing trainer disappears after the battle? Thanks!!!

Have you heard of the proverb "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"? Someone could make one for you, but in the long run you're just making it harder on yourself. Take a look at some tutorials, it's really not hard at all.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    Have you heard of the proverb "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"? Someone could make one for you, but in the long run you're just making it harder on yourself. Take a look at some tutorials, it's really not hard at all.

Haha can you give me the link to the tutorial? :)

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Haha can you give me the link to the tutorial?
    Script Help Thread

This https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2016
    on the movements list on diegos xse tutorial, #raw 0x66 is a happy face. i dont see any other movements for angry faces or sad faces.

However, in pokemon adventure red i see angry faces and sad face movements. How do i get these extra movements?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    on the movements list on diegos xse tutorial, #raw 0x66 is a happy face. i dont see any other movements for angry faces or sad faces.

However, in pokemon adventure red i see angry faces and sad face movements. How do i get these extra movements?

They're probably custom over unused ones (most people don't use the [!!] for instance).

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Hey guys I have 2 question that in fire red start of game there is big professer osk script how to change that script and 2nd question is how to make a pokemon follow script

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Hey guys I have 2 question that in fire red start of game there is big professer osk script how to change that script and 2nd question is how to make a pokemon follow script

This: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=340156 and this: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=210131

To make a Pokemon follow you can use the copy player movement in spritebehave and make it behind you facing your direction. This will work for one script and would be buggy. To make a Poke follow all game hasn't been done yet.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2016
    i was looking at a jpan engine tutorial. The thing Im most interested in is the multichoice boxes. I understand the code but, there was no example for proceeding after a choice is selected. Like for yes and no you do compare lastresult what do you do for multichoice?? Please and thank you.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=336462

#org @start
    setvar 0x8006 0x0
    loadpointer 0x0 @1
    special 0x25
    setvar 0x8006 0x1
    loadpointer 0x0 @2
    special 0x25
    setvar 0x8006 0x2
    loadpointer 0x0 @3
    special 0x25
    multichoice 0x0 0x0 0x21 0x0

#org @1
    = Choice 1

#org @2
    = Choice 2

#org @3
    = Choice 3

Years
    I understand the code but, there was no example for proceeding after a choice is selected. Like for yes and no you do compare lastresult what do you do for multichoice?? Please and thank you.

#org @start
    setvar 0x8006 0x0
    loadpointer 0x0 @1
    special 0x25
    setvar 0x8006 0x1
    loadpointer 0x0 @2
    special 0x25
    setvar 0x8006 0x2
    loadpointer 0x0 @3
    special 0x25
    multichoice 0x0 0x0 0x21 0x0

#org @1
    = Choice 1

#org @2
    = Choice 2

#org @3
    = Choice 3
    after the multichoice, use the following code(more or less).
    compare 0x800D(LASTRESULT, will check to see which one the person has chosen) 0x0(first choice is stored as 0x0
    if 0x1(if they chose the first choice) goto @(pointer to whatever happens after you choose this choice.)
    compare 0x800D 0x1(second choice)
    if 0x1 goto @(different pointer depending on what happens after the second choice)

and that code goes on and on depending on how many choices you have. btw, having a multichoice box whose last byte ends in 0x0 means that B can cancel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back