• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    You need to modify the sprite for both the surfing player and the Wailmer blob. They're separate sprites, so make the Lapras and the (I presume?) Ash Ketchum separately, and insert them (indexed to 16 colours in IrfanView) using NSE 1.x.

I think there is some other way to do this because there is no over world script available in ROM like this in ash gray ROM but in that ash can surf using lapras.hope you reply

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I think there is some other way to do this because there is no over world script available in ROM like this in ash gray ROM but in that ash can surf using lapras.hope you reply
    Whether you're surfing when you enter a map depends on what height level you were on when you warped. It has nothing to do with level scripts.

Also, I think it's worth noting that Lapras and Ash likely use the same palette, so as to allow for that façade overlap of their sprites. It's a bit complicated to replicate that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2015
    Hello everyone! (I'm new here btw :P)
    I'm trying to make a script for a new guy in Birch's lab (emerald). I'm a beginner at scripting, and it isn't really working :pink_pissed:
    The idea is that he will give you an item after you have received your starter form Birch.
    He has to say 3 different things: when you speak to him before getting your starter, when you have your starter and get the item, and when you talk to him after getting the item.
    However; he is "stuck" at saying the first line of text and doesn't give you the item. I think I might not be using the right flag for receiving the starter; I've found many flag lists for fire red but not really for emerald. It could also be something else though, since I'm not good at scripting at all yet lol.
    The script I made is in an attachment, since I can't place links yet.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Hello everyone! (I'm new here btw :P)
    I'm trying to make a script for a new guy in Birch's lab (emerald). I'm a beginner at scripting, and it isn't really working :pink_pissed:
    The idea is that he will give you an item after you have received your starter form Birch.
    He has to say 3 different things: when you speak to him before getting your starter, when you have your starter and get the item, and when you talk to him after getting the item.
    However; he is "stuck" at saying the first line of text and doesn't give you the item. I think I might not be using the right flag for receiving the starter; I've found many flag lists for fire red but not really for emerald. It could also be something else though, since I'm not good at scripting at all yet lol.
    The script I made is in an attachment, since I can't place links yet.

I don't hack Emerald, but I think this part...
    Code:
    checkflag 0x4084
    if 0x2 goto @getitem
    ...should have been...
    Code:
    compare 0x4084 0x2
    if 0x1 goto @getitem

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2015
    I don't hack Emerald, but I think this part...
    Code:
    checkflag 0x4084
    if 0x2 goto @getitem
    ...should have been...
    Code:
    compare 0x4084 0x2
    if 0x1 goto @getitem

Thanks for answering. Compare sounds better ^^
    However, it's still not working. The 0x4084 probably isn't correct or something. I guess I'll have to find out which one is now...

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Thanks for answering. Compare sounds better ^^
    However, it's still not working. It probably has to be another flag. I guess I'll have to find out which one now...

Well, I suggested it to be "compare" instead of "checkflag" is because 0x4084 is too high of a hex value to be a flag, so I thought it was a variable. checkflag is only used for flags while compare is used for variables.

edit:
    So I opened an Emerald ROM with A-Map and maybe you can use this flag to check if you've already gotten your starter.

Code:
    0x860

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2015
    Well, I suggested it to be "compare" instead of "checkflag" is because 0x4084 is too high of a hex value to be a flag, so I thought it was a variable. checkflag is only used for flags while compare is used for variables.

edit:
    So I opened an Emerald ROM with A-Map and maybe you can use this flag to check if you've already gotten your starter.

Code:
    0x860

You're right, it wasn't a flag xD
    I saw it in a threat called "Pokemon Emerald Flags List" and I just copied it without thinking/looking properly. Didn't notice that the person typed "Emerald Vars so far" above his list, whoops.
    It works with 0x860, thanks

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
    Hi there, quick question!
    Is there any way to make a script continue after a trainer battle is lost in a ruby/emerald rom?

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Hi there, quick question!
    Is there any way to make a script continue after a trainer battle is lost in a ruby/emerald rom?

The first rival battle works like this, check out that script (route 102? I think)

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
    The first rival battle works like this, check out that script (route 102? I think)

Thanks your your suggestion, I've found the main script but it looks a bit confusing.

This is the main part:

Spoiler:

There are a couple standard trainerbattles like "trainerbattle 0x3 0x214 0x0 0x816D65B" but it doesn't show any specials/callasm or anything strange.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Hey guys I want to ask how to make script arrangement that this sprite will occor after that scripte or after after playing do somesomething then this script will come in action

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2018
    Hello everyone, I have a question about my script. the script: someone will tell a story and then left wit stairs and then she hides. the problem is after I set a step she appears again. here is the script:

Spoiler:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
    Hello everyone, I have a question about my script. the script: someone will tell a story and then left wit stairs and then she hides. the problem is after I set a step she appears again. here is the script:

Spoiler:

Flag 1 is a temporary engine flag that is not meant to be used at all for events that are meant to be permanent.
    Read this: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    So, this script is placed on a script tile, but when i step on it, it freezes the game!

Why?

Spoiler:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    So, this script is placed on a script tile, but when i step on it, it freezes the game!

Why?

Spoiler:
    You need to make sure to have a var on the tile and a setvar/addvar in your script.
    HERE is a page with a list of available vars(irc) and how to setup your tile.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    It keeps bringing me to the wrong map!

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    It keeps bringing me to the wrong map!

Spoiler:

Is it the 19th map? If so you need to use the hex, 0x13.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back