• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    wait, i have to do that? well thanks!

Ok, I've compiled it and copied and pasted it, but the character won't say anything.

Last edited:

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
    wait, i have to do that? well thanks!

Ok, I've compiled it and copied and pasted it, but the character won't say anything.

you may be using an older version of xse, see if this works
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    msgbox @1
    boxset 0x2
    end

#org @1
    = Munch Munch\n(Leave me alone,/n I'm eating!)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    no, lots of errors. lol, I'm really bad at this :p

This is weird.

When I compile this:
    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org 0x13580
    msgbox @Sister1 0x2
    end

#org @Sister1
    = Munch Munch /n(I'm trying to eat!)

get this: 8001AB
    But when I copy it into advance map: 8001AB80

When I open the script I get this;
    '---------------
    #org 0x1AB80
    nop
    copyvar 0x80 0x1840
    nop1
    giveegg 0x2001
    gotostd 0x40

Last edited:

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
    no, lots of errors. lol, I'm really bad at this :p

This is weird.

When I compile this:
    #dynamic 0x800000
    #org 0x13580
    msgbox @Sister1 0x2
    end

#org @Sister1

get this: 8001AB
    But when I copy it into advance map: 8001AB80

When I open the script I get this;
    '---------------
    #org 0x1AB80
    nop
    copyvar 0x80 0x1840
    nop1
    giveegg 0x2001
    gotostd 0x40

try this?
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x13580

#org @start
    msgbox @Sister1 0x2
    end

#org @Sister1

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Ok, I did, but the person won't say anything.
    never mind, I got it :D thanks everyone.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    I'm trying to make a simple script where the camera moves and then goes back to its original position, but I freeze up and cannot control my character after the camera moves. Here's my script:

Spoiler:

What exactly is it that I'm doing wrong?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Spoiler:

Fix in red, I guess.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well that's a new one:
    Spoiler:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    never mind, I fixed it.
    The red is when I talked to her, but I just needed a @start in my script :p

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
    comparefarbytetobyte allows you to compare any offset in the rom and see if it is the value that you want, for example at 0x80861CD in a hex editor for my game, the byte is 0xB5.
    I can compare but the thing is I don't know how to write, if possible.
    I read that writebytetooffset is used for general internal memory and internal display memory, and I also tested it and it won't work.
    So what I'm asking, is there a command that allows the hacker to change a byte at an offset such as 0x80861CD to a different value, even if it is temporary?

Years
    comparefarbytetobyte allows you to compare any offset in the rom and see if it is the value that you want, for example at 0x80861CD in a hex editor for my game, the byte is 0xB5.
    I can compare but the thing is I don't know how to write, if possible.
    I read that writebytetooffset is used for general internal memory and internal display memory, and I also tested it and it won't work.
    So what I'm asking, is there a command that allows the hacker to change a byte at an offset such as 0x80861CD to a different value, even if it is temporary?

The 0x08000000 - 0x09000000 area is the ROM, which means it's read-only; it can't be edited at runtime. I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but maybe try buffering it into the RAM and use it from there instead?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
    The 0x08000000 - 0x09000000 area is the ROM, which means it's read-only; it can't be edited at runtime. I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but maybe try buffering it into the RAM and use it from there instead?

Well I am using touched's tag team battle asm for emerald, which is broken but manageable. At an offset in the game, untouched, you can battle trainers and gain experience and level up your pokemon. However, if you do not change this offset, the tag team battles won't work (the way they work is two trainers have to spot you at the same time and if this happens without changing the bytes at the offset, you will just be in a forever loop of battling these two trainers).
    If I change the bytes and it redirects to the tag team battle offset, then the tag battles will operate normally (they will still loop after you exit the battle, but at least this way I was able to have a level script prevent the battle again. Without changing the bytes, this will not work). However, after the tag battle is done, if I go battle wild pokemon I can level and gain experience but if I battle any trainers it'd reset my exp and bring me back to level 5 which is what level I was before the tag battle.
    So it sounds like the problem is either the trainerflags aren't being set after battle or something is preventing the level script to work since it is stuck in the battle loop.
    All I was trying to do is have it to where the bytes are what they are default in the game and then right before the tag battle, change them so that the script will work after the battle is over and you're not stuck in a loop, then once that script is done and the trainer sprites are gone, reset the bytes back to normal lol. It's a long shot but I have been trying to get these tag battles to work and touched doesn't want to work on them anymore so I've just been trying to use what knowledge I have to get it to work. I guess back to the drawing board

Here is visual representation of both instances, starting with the battle loop and then if I fix it to where you can continue to a new level script:
    [hd]6MYVQL8DQ04[/hd]
    In the previous you'll see that you end the battle and then do it again but your pokemon is level 8.
    When I fix it to where I can do a level script, I continue to a level script then I go battle someone as a level 5 again and afterwards, I gain no exp.
    [hd]yALRZkY-1ng[/hd]

Really the help I need is beyond script at this point if I can not writebytes, I need to figure out how to prevent the tag battle after the battle is done or fix it to where I get xp after trainer battles.

Last edited:

Lunacrest

has ninja'd: 2600
    Years
    Hello, everyone! I was trying to make my first ScriptBox today, since I'm years out of practice, and am currently on Winter Break. I'm using XSE, as I figured it would be better to learn with a tool that is widely regarded as one of the better tools. I didn't compile anything yet, because there's a specific area where problems are bound to occur.

Spoiler:

Basically, what is supposed to happen is that the Person Event ID #4 moves down three spaces when the player steps on the ScriptBox, and commence a Trainer Battle, before saying something and leaving via fading screen and fading it back in. However, I'm struggling to figure out how to prevent the player from moving after the battle, as the player can move after the battle. The player needs to initiate Person Event ID #4 in order to make them disappear; how can I just have the script go on automatically with the textbox @afterbattle?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back