• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    Hello!

I am making a give running shoe script!

so, i have setflag 0x82F right?

but, then do i need to give the player the key item "running shoe"
    (if yes, what is the item number)

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    Just the flag will do! :)

Thanks!

Is this right?
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x2477A0

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x82F
    if 0x1 goto @done
    msgbox @1 0x6
    setflag 0x82F
    release
    end

#org @done
    = Have fun on your journey!

#org @1
    = Here are your running shoes!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]#dynamic 0x2477A0[/COLOR]

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x82F
    if 0x1 goto [COLOR="Red"]@done[/color]
    msgbox @1 0x6
    setflag 0x82F
    release
    end

[COLOR="Red"]#org @done
    = Have fun on your journey![/COLOR]

#org @1

Your #dynamic should be a fixed number - looks to me like you're using FSF. Just keep #dynamic 0x740000 as standard.

Secondly, your @done pointer needs to go to an alternative script, not straight to a message. Your finished product is something like:

Code:
    #dynamic 0x740000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x82F
    if 0x1 goto [B]@done[/B]
    msgbox @1 0x6
    setflag 0x82F
    release
    end

#org @done
    msgbox @2 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1

#org @2
    = Have fun on your journey!

Technically you can change up a the msgbox too but meh. Here you go.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    Spoiler:

So, i always use 0x740000?

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    My running shoe script is not working!

After it says "here are the running shoes" i still can't run!

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Not to sound patronising, but you've tried holding B as you move right? Unless the map you're in is disallowing running then it should work - if you're trying this inside a house, go to a town map. When you speak to the person again, doe he say the second line of text?

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    Not to sound patronising, but you've tried holding B as you move right? Unless the map you're in is disallowing running then it should work - if you're trying this inside a house, go to a town map. When you speak to the person again, doe he say the second line of text?

oops!

Ya, running is disabled in the first town! I don't know why.

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
    Years
    Spoiler:

Would that be correct? This is for XSE. Basically what I was going for is to get your Pokes healed and pay 80 Pokeyen.

Also, I am completely confused on this one.
    I want to have a guy in Viridian City who has a garden with rare Pokemon, and the only way to enter is to have 3 or more badges. If you do not have enough badges, he will not move. If you do he will let you pass by moving into the garden.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    Would that be correct? This is for XSE. Basically what I was going for is to get your Pokes healed and pay 80 Pokeyen.

Also, I am completely confused on this one.
    I want to have a guy in Viridian City who has a garden with rare Pokemon, and the only way to enter is to have 3 or more badges. If you do not have enough badges, he will not move. If you do he will let you pass by moving into the garden.

No, that script is not correct. You've put the paymoney command in a pointer that should only be used for text. Move it into the main part of your script.

In-game, badges are and their effects (Using HMs, appearing on your trainer card) are activated by flags ranging from 0x820 to 0x827. Flag 0x820 gives the Boulder Badge, 0x821 gives the Cascade Badge, 0x822 gives the Thunder Badge etc. Unless you're using a non-linear gym route, you can just use a checkflag command to see if the 0x822 flag has been activated and then branch your script depending on whether the player has it or not.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
    FIRERED

Why I the OW 1, 2, and FF isn't moving?
    here's the script:
    Spoiler:

the #org @lol, #org @2 and #org @8 isn't executed

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    FIRERED

here's the script:
    Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure its due to the fact that you are trying to move the camera while trying to move your sprites. Try moving just one and then the other. Not really sure as to why you would need to move the camera with them.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
    I'm pretty sure its due to the fact that you are trying to move the camera while trying to move your sprites. Try moving just one and then the other. Not really sure as to why you would need to move the camera with them.

cuz I want a continues follow the OW Script, and OW2 will have a crossing scene while FF and OW1 is moving...
    and the camera stops and the applymovement below it isn't executed

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    cuz I want a continues follow the OW Script, and OW2 will have a crossing scene while FF and OW1 is moving...
    and the camera stops and the applymovement below it isn't executed

Ok, so its folowing ow 1 or 2?
    Cause if 1 the player will be following anyways.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    FIRERED

here's the script:
    Spoiler:

Provide a screenshot of the map where you're inserting this script, pls.
    Also...#org @lol isn't executed because you forgot to add [waitmovement] in your script.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    So I've set my first trainers 'Unknown Value' (the one under PERSONAL ID) to be 01. So I thought that made it so when you walked past the trainer, it should only activate the walking past animation once ever in the game. However once I leave the map and come back it completely resets and the guy comes back and he doesn't battle me but he does activate 'talking 3' in the script.

However I don't want him to walk up to me, after I battle him, I want him to stay there forever unless I talk to him, does anyone what's wrong? Here is my script

Spoiler:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    So I've set my first trainers 'Unknown Value' (the one under PERSONAL ID) to be 01. So I thought that made it so when you walked past the trainer, it should only activate the walking past animation once ever in the game. However once I leave the map and come back it completely resets and the guy comes back and he doesn't battle me but he does activate 'talking 3' in the script.

However I don't want him to walk up to me, after I battle him, I want him to stay there forever unless I talk to him, does anyone what's wrong? Here is my script

Spoiler:

I believe that you can't have a trainer to battle you more than once. At least, that's what I observed from when i was still hacking SkyLine (and the reason why the player is forced to talk to trainers if they want to battle them)...

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
    Hi I need some help too.
    Basically, I'm trying to start a level script in a new map after a warp, that makes the player disappear and at this point another sprite will walk and say something.
    I've tried setting a simple setflag 0xFF and hidesprite 0xFF+fadescreen, the problem is that after the warp the player is visible for two seconds before vanishing.

Do you guys have any hints?

Here's the gif of the script: https://gfycat.com/AlarmingHardAmericanwigeon

Last edited:

Neko Mizu

Kawaii
    Years
    No, that script is not correct. You've put the paymoney command in a pointer that should only be used for text. Move it into the main part of your script.

In-game, badges are and their effects (Using HMs, appearing on your trainer card) are activated by flags ranging from 0x820 to 0x827. Flag 0x820 gives the Boulder Badge, 0x821 gives the Cascade Badge, 0x822 gives the Thunder Badge etc. Unless you're using a non-linear gym route, you can just use a checkflag command to see if the 0x822 flag has been activated and then branch your script depending on whether the player has it or not.

Thank you. I also seemed to have misplaced the offset and forgot #dynamic entirely. Unless that part gets replaced or deleted.

*EDIT*
    The code healed when I did not have money. I tried fixing it, but now the person just continues the same beginning phrase.

Spoiler:

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back