• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I want to make a script similar to a specific part in the Deoxys Triangle. I want to have the animation where the sprite "explodes".
Is there a possible way to make this? I have tried looking in the Deoxys script and I tried to use the animations, but I cannot get it to work myself.
Replacing the triangle sprite on Birth Island with for example Misty's sprite will make Misty explode when you complete the puzzle. So I keep thinking there is a possible way. I just can't figure it out.
Now please don't ask me why I want to know this. I am not making a sadistic hack xD

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1001
if 0x1 goto @22
msgbox @1 0x6
checksound
setanimation 0x0 0x1
setanimation 0x1 0x38
setanimation 0x2 0x2
doanimation 0x44
playsong 0x157 0x0
checkanimation 0x44
setflag 0x1001
release
end

#org @22
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hi\pBye

#org @2
= unused

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    I don't think I've used darken - I normally go the opposite way and use lighten to get rid of the darkness.

If you always want your map dark, why can just change the 'cave' setting in A-Map. Not sure if that's what you need though :).

I could go for always darken then use lighten in a level script after the event (as opposed to darken before then the script isn't called after an event)

But, the darken effect doesn't take place when I go into the map unless it's through a warp or after a battle, so I still need to reset the map somehow.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I could go for always darken then use lighten in a level script after the event (as opposed to darken before then the script isn't called after an event)

But, the darken effect doesn't take place when I go into the map unless it's through a warp or after a battle, so I still need to reset the map somehow.

Maybe try using special 0x91 (assuming you're using emerald)? That will refresh the map, no idea if it works but it's worth a try

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Maybe try using special 0x91 (assuming you're using emerald)? That will refresh the map, no idea if it works but it's worth a try

Yeah, I use that for setmaptile scripts but it doesn't do anything for darkness.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Yeah, I use that for setmaptile scripts but it doesn't do anything for darkness.

Are you trying to do the dark cave circle where you can only see so far? In emerald darken is used to change the radius of the circle you see. Is that your goal or

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Are you trying to do the dark cave circle where you can only see so far? In emerald darken is used to change the radius of the circle you see. Is that your goal or

Yeah dark cave circle, then after the event ends it becomes normal('the darkness has disappeared'). It would be easy if it was a cave or a room or something but it's a water route.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Yeah dark cave circle, then after the event ends it becomes normal('the darkness has disappeared'). It would be easy if it was a cave or a room or something but it's a water route.

it only works with lighten command. darken doesnt work for emerald. lighten 0x6 is the default that the caves use. to make the radius bigger, decrease the number. so if you want it to be lit completely, do lighten 0x0. so just have a script have it show what you want from the beginning and when you want the darkness to disappear use lighten 0x

make sure the doweather comes first otherwise it wont work... i.e.

lock
    setweather 0x6
    doweather
    lighten 0x4
    release
    end

heres vid proof:
    Script Help Thread

Script Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    Anyone know how to create a custom item and have that item execute a script WITHOUT using the JPAN ENGINE? Ive been looking for hours and no luck :C

The item needs a Field Use pointer from a place in the hex. No clue which one it is within a clean FR rom. THe Jpan Engine has all the scripts in the game wiped, so unless you wanna start from scratch its more/less useless. Im just not ready for that yet.

Thanks for your time!

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    Is there any way to set the moves you get when using the givepokemon script?

And i think that would have to be done through a Pokemon editor. Youd have to edit the specific pokemon's moveset.

I could be wrong, im still a rookie, just trying to help lol

GEN III Hacking Suite can do everything you want to edit about a pokemon.
    Just google it and it should come up. Its an awesome tool!

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • And i think that would have to be done through a Pokemon editor. Youd have to edit the specific pokemon's moveset.

I could be wrong, im still a rookie, just trying to help lol

GEN III Hacking Suite can do everything you want to edit about a pokemon.
    Just google it and it should come up. Its an awesome tool!

Hmm I was thinking that it would be a special wild battle pokemon and not all pokemon pf that species per se so PGE or G3HS are out of the question unless theres a feature Im not aware of yet xD Thanks for the reply though! :) Greatly appreciated

C me

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    it only works with lighten command. darken doesnt work for emerald.

Darken is used in Dewford gym so it must do something.

The issue is still reloading the map so the map becomes dark when surfing into it. This will work after the event (because you leave a cave) but before only the weather works.

It gets dark after a battle so is there a way to start a battle but not actually get into it? It could look glitchy but might work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Anyone know how to create a custom item and have that item execute a script WITHOUT using the JPAN ENGINE? Ive been looking for hours and no luck :C

The item needs a Field Use pointer from a place in the hex. No clue which one it is within a clean FR rom. THe Jpan Engine has all the scripts in the game wiped, so unless you wanna start from scratch its more/less useless. Im just not ready for that yet.

Thanks for your time!

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281573

This ASM routine for custom item scripts works without JPAN's engine :)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I still want help with level scripting, but I found something I was looking for before. I might change the script ffroma level one to one that changes depending on the direction the person is spoken to. I had a little trouble understanding how to do that until I remembered this:
    Spoiler:

That's the Black Glasses guy. His movement changes depending on what direction he's facing. That's what I want to accomplish. The part that interests me is the "compare PLAYERFACING" thing. Is it really as simple as using that and calling the corresponding part of the script? Which directions correspond to the 0x# numbers?

Years
  • I'm trying to do a simple signpost on top of a door. The door's supposed to be locked, and I don't have a warp on it.

Dynamic offsets have NEVER worked for me, so I manually find free space and enter offsets.

Here's the script:
    Code:
    #org 0x89C19AC
    message 0x89C1AA5
    callstd MSG_SIGN
    end

#org 0x89C1AA5
    = The bathroom is locked.\nSomebody must be in there.\pBut Mom is in the\nnext cabin over...\p...Weird.
    A couple of times this has worked. Now, however, I can edit the map and have a corrupt sign, or fix the sign and have a corrupt map in which I can't move I can jump over a "ledge" to the left out of the map, but not have both work. When the sign is corrupt, PKSV reports the accented characters as actually being coded to be there even though they aren't. When the map is corrupt I can't walk over to the sign to see if it works, but the script looks like it's supposed to.

Script Help Thread
    Script Help Thread

The door isn't actually important. I don't remember why I put it there but it worries me about future scripts.

What?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I'm trying to do a simple signpost on top of a door. The door's supposed to be locked, and I don't have a warp on it.

Dynamic offsets have NEVER worked for me, so I manually find free space and enter offsets.

Here's the script:
    Code:
    #org 0x89C19AC
    message 0x89C1AA5
    callstd MSG_SIGN
    end

#org 0x89C1AA5
    = The bathroom is locked.\nSomebody must be in there.\pBut Mom is in the\nnext cabin over...\p...Weird.
    A couple of times this has worked. Now, however, I can edit the map and have a corrupt sign, or fix the sign and have a corrupt map in which I can't move I can jump over a "ledge" to the left out of the map, but not have both work. When the sign is corrupt, PKSV reports the accented characters as actually being coded to be there even though they aren't. When the map is corrupt I can't walk over to the sign to see if it works, but the script looks like it's supposed to.

Script Help Thread
    Script Help Thread

The door isn't actually important. I don't remember why I put it there but it worries me about future scripts.

What?
    Why can't you use dynamic offsets? You're using them like this, right? (for emerald)
    Code:
    #dynamic 0xE3CF64
    #org @start
    (rest of script)

Honestly I have no clue about your problem, I think it could be possible you accidentally overwrote something using manual offsets. If you're not being careful this can happen.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    That's the Black Glasses guy. His movement changes depending on what direction he's facing. That's what I want to accomplish. The part that interests me is the "compare PLAYERFACING" thing. Is it really as simple as using that and calling the corresponding part of the script? Which directions correspond to the 0x# numbers?

iirc, 0x1 - down | 0x2 - up | 0x3 - left | 0x4 right.
    You can also try and create a test script so you can check 'em yourself. :3

Years
  • I'm trying to do a simple signpost on top of a door. The door's supposed to be locked, and I don't have a warp on it.

Here's the script:
    Code:
    #org 0x89C19AC
    message 0x89C1AA5
    callstd MSG_SIGN
    end

#org 0x89C1AA5

Script Help Thread
    Script Help Thread

What?

And, uh, are you using the recent version of XSE? XSE 1.1.1?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back