• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • The entirety of the hacking community has agreed that those flags are unsafe, with actual research and proof to back it up. You're not some special snowflake who's just cracked the mystery of flags, if you think everyone except you is wrong why don't you give us a reason as to why other than "it's worked"?

gl getting help here with that attitude mate

Did I say that? Oh no, that guy was right, you're not rude at all! Noooooo. Because making things up that I never said is not rude all. Because saying crap like "special snowflake" and " if you think everyone except you is wrong" when I never said any of that. You need a reason for something other than the fact that it's worked? What is wrong with you?

Despite that, someone has said what you suggested are unsafe. And it didn't work anyway, so what would you suggest I do?

Years
  • Uhh I don't interpret anything he posted here as being "rude" to you, but whatever. And no, he was not wrong. Like I said, the fact that it still didn't work only means that there were multiple errors.

What I'm saying is that you may have made a hex conversion error. 11 is not the same thing as 0x11. 0x11 is 17. 11 is 0xB. On the other hand, 0x3 is the same as 3, which is why your Oak script works without converting to hex. If you are correctly converting to hex, then I don't know what the issue is.

Math:
    offset 0x1000 - offset 0xEE0 = 0x120 bytes
    0x120 bytes times 8 bits per byte = 0x900 bits/flags
    Using the flag routine for a number beyond 0x900 would write to/reads from an area of the saveblock used for variables.

Actually, there cannot possibly be any errors. It's like 3 lines of text. It didn't work with 200, it didn't work with B, what do I do?

Years
  • Uhh I don't interpret anything he posted here as being "rude" to you, but whatever. And no, he was not wrong. Like I said, the fact that it still didn't work only means that there were multiple errors.

What I'm saying is that you may have made a hex conversion error. 11 is not the same thing as 0x11. 0x11 is 17. 11 is 0xB. On the other hand, 0x3 is the same as 3, which is why your Oak script works without converting to hex. If you are correctly converting to hex, then I don't know what the issue is.

Math:
    offset 0x1000 - offset 0xEE0 = 0x120 bytes
    0x120 bytes times 8 bits per byte = 0x900 bits/flags
    Using the flag routine for a number beyond 0x900 would write to/reads from an area of the saveblock used for variables.

Uhhh, he said "it doesn't work because it doesn't exist" which isn't true.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Did I say that? Oh no, that guy was right, you're not rude at all! Noooooo. Because making things up that I never said is not rude all. Because saying crap like "special snowflake" and " if you think everyone except you is wrong" when I never said any of that. You need a reason for something other than the fact that it's worked? What is wrong with you?

Despite that, someone has said what you suggested are unsafe. And it didn't work anyway, so what would you suggest I do?
    …so the you from two days ago went into the future, saw chrunch's rude post from yesterday, then went back in time to defend yourself from his future attitude? He only made a post like that because of your sarcasm. But eh, I'm not saying this to force you to be nice, you can do whatever you want. Just don't expect to get much help.
    Actually, there cannot possibly be any errors. It's like 3 lines of text. It didn't work with 200, it didn't work with B, what do I do?
    If there are no errors, why wouldn't it be working? It isn't flag 0xB. It's the sprite.
    Uhhh, he said "it doesn't work because it doesn't exist" which isn't true.
    Okay. It exists. Go ahead and use it. You clearly have more knowledge of flags/hacking than anyone else here, even though I'm literally reading the routine used to set flags right now, so happy hacking :)

Years
  • Anyone know the hex codes for trainer card sprites to use in XSE?
    I'm currently playing around with JPAN's hacked fire red engine, the problem is
    I can't change the sprites since I don't know their respective hex codes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

Here's the research that proves that flag doesn't exist (or is unsafe; whatever you want to call it). Now let's see your research since you seem so insistent on it. You are wrong. Just give up and stop posting if you can't admit it. You're only making yourself look like an arrogant fool by acting like you know better than all of us.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Fl
    • Seen Apr 14, 2017
    I am having trouble with this script. Basically this npc gives you the nationaldex upgrade then disappears, but when I tested it, it gives me the upgrade but the npc stays and repeats the script for getting the nationaldex

Spoiler:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • I am having trouble with this script. Basically this npc gives you the nationaldex upgrade then disappears, but when I tested it, it gives me the upgrade but the npc stays and repeats the script for getting the nationaldex

Spoiler:

Lol why wouldn't you just keep this in the thread where I posted this exact script for you?
    Anyways, it's probably not disappearing because you put "hidesprite 0x10" and I wouldn't be surprised if the person event # is 10, right? You need to have it as either "hidesprite 10" or convert the 10 into hex using the XSE:
    Script Help Thread

In the above image, just make sure Dec (Decimal) is selected and type in your number 10 and click the Hex button and then it will give you A (since that's hex for 10). So in your script, it should be "hidesprite 0xA" not "hidesprite 0x10"

Verify the person event number for the hidesprite via here in Amap:
    Script Help Thread

Again, I have 10 as the person event number so the command would be "hidesprite 0xA"

Also, you need to make sure the 0x250 for the flag is on the same sprite. You setflag 0x250 so that the event doesn't happen again and when you hide the sprite, it will never come back until you decide to clear the flag which I imagine you won't. Make sure the flag is here on the SAME OW. Also make sure that two OWs never share the same person event #:

Script Help Thread

So use this script and fix your problems in A-map and try it once more:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    I'm trying to make the blend master appear more often/permanently.

so far i keep mucking it up. i have the original and can't figure out what to change. I've already tried twice and failed. I got frustrated and deleted the file so i'm back to the original script. Not going to mess with it again until someone can point me in the right direction.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    [insanity removed]
    What are you yelling about? I already admitted I was wrong:
    Okay. It exists. Go ahead and use it. You clearly have more knowledge of flags/hacking than anyone else here
    If the flag works for you, who am I to stop you? I admit that I was wrong, so please use that flag if you wish. I'm sorry I couldn't help with your script.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    Hi! Im posting this on my phone so sorry for any error.

I have this script of leader rematch battle.

I wanna rematch afther the league and in this battle the leader will give an egg..
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    Lock
    Faceplayer
    Checkflag 0x211
    If 0x1 goto @finished
    Checkflag 0x844
    If 0x1 goto @rematch
    Checkflag 0x820
    If 0x1 goto @done
    Trainerbattle 0x1 0x19E 0x0 @beforematch1 @aftermatch1 @later1
    Release
    End

#org @rematch
    Trainerbattle 0x1 0x018 0x0 @beforematch2 @aftermatch2 @later2
    Msgbox @fin 0x6
    Release
    End

#org @beforematch2
    = so you are stronger...

#org @aftermatch2
    = i can't beat you...

#org @later2
    Msgbox @006 0x6
    Giveegg 0x97
    Fanfare 0x13E
    Msgbox @received 0x6
    Setflag 0x211
    Countpokemon
    Compare 0x800D 0x6
    If 0x1 call @pc
    Release
    End

#org @beforematch1
    = hi. Im brockas

#org @aftermatch1
    = you win

#org @later1
    Msgbox @003 0x6
    Fanfare 0x13E
    Msgbox @004 0x4
    Setflag 0x820
    Waitfanfare
    Closeonkeypress
    Msgbox @005 0x6
    Giveitem 0x147 0x1 0x0
    Release
    End

#org @done
    Msgbox @001 0x6
    Release
    End

#org @finished
    Msgbox @gg 0x6
    Release
    End

#org @001
    = go to ur way

#org @003
    = take this badge

#org @004
    = [player] received the badge.

#org @005
    = i wanna give u this tm

#org @006
    = take ur reward

#org @fin
    = keep training 

#org @gg
    = go to next leader.

#org @received
    = [player] has received an egg.

#org @pc
    Msgbox @sefue 0x6
    Release
    End

#org @sefue
    = The egg will be transfered to pc.

The idea is that script compile and show all.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2023
    Can anyone explain me what to change to fix the infinite nuggets on nugget bridge? Im still new to this

Spoiler:

Basically it should work if you lose or win to him instead of just winning, no idea how to go about this

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    ok so
    put a

checkflag 0x[flag number]

after, say, the faceplayer
    directly after that, put

if 0x1 goto @[yourpointer]

the rest is spoilered just in case you's like the challenge of doing it yourself, but it's there

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2023
    hey thanks for the quick response i didn't expect one that quickly, I actually managed to fix it by putting setvar 0x406B 0x1 right after the giveitem2 and it worked for me :)

Just another question, whats the exact difference between additem and giveitem2? I know giveitem2 plays a sound too but both of them are in the script doesn't that mean you'd get 2 nuggets?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2016
    I just started ROM hacking and am still figuring it out and for some reason when ever I try this script for the first cut-scene in Pokemon fire red that takes you into the lab it messes up the timing and the player walks through the professor and they both teleport before reaching the door.

Spoiler:

the script is on the professor instead of a tile and the professor is people event 0x0

Thank You

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    hey thanks for the quick response i didn't expect one that quickly, I actually managed to fix it by putting setvar 0x406B 0x1 right after the giveitem2 and it worked for me :)

Just another question, whats the exact difference between additem and giveitem2? I know giveitem2 plays a sound too but both of them are in the script doesn't that mean you'd get 2 nuggets?

additem is a script command that adds the given number of an item to the bag. The giveitem2 command is a special command added by XSE that stands for a few different commands. The name is misleading, as giveitem2 does not actually give the item but rather displays a message ("[player] obtained [item]... put it in bag...") and plays a fanfare. It does not actually give them item, but is used in conjunction with additem to display the message/sound alongside the actual item being added to the bag.

montegom

Like no one ever was
    Years
  • Hi im going to post two scripts. I dont know if they work but i want to kow if they are well maden. They are written in Spanish but the texts arent important.
    Spoiler:

This will be the script of my mum. She will give me a Pikachu, advice me something, and heal me if i want.

Spoiler:

This Npc asks me if i have a pokemon and then if i want to battle agains him.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hi im going to post two scripts. I dont know if they work but i want to kow if they are well maden. They are written in Spanish but the texts arent important.
    Spoiler:

This will be the script of my mum. She will give me a Pikachu, advice me something, and heal me if i want.

Spoiler:

This Npc asks me if i have a pokemon and then if i want to battle agains him.

They look pretty good! I don't see any obvious issues :).

Edit // Just realised your dynamic offset is missing a zero to get into blank ROM territory. {0x800000}

Last edited:

montegom

Like no one ever was
    Years
  • Sorry for asking here twice but i dont know what´s wrong with this script:

Spoiler:

The teacher asks me if i have a pokemon, then if i want to do something for him, if i say no he repeats the question, then he gives me the pokedex and he deserves luck in my journey. I dont know if its a little failor a big one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back