• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Script not working as it should

Huy567

The Shadow Feather
Years
  • So I'm writing a script where if the player steps on a green S tile with a script, then a person event rushes up to them, says some stuff, then battles them, and leaves. I wanted the person event to be hidden until the script is activated (to make it seem like they were coming from afar) and I also want the person to be hidden after the script is done. This is what is have and it doesn't work. The script just freezes.

Spoiler:

I also included the pictures of it in advance map, in case there was something wrong there.

Years
  • So I'm writing a script where if the player steps on a green S tile with a script, then a person event rushes up to them, says some stuff, then battles them, and leaves. I wanted the person event to be hidden until the script is activated (to make it seem like they were coming from afar) and I also want the person to be hidden after the script is done. This is what is have and it doesn't work. The script just freezes.

Spoiler:

I also included the pictures of it in advance map, in case there was something wrong there.

I'm not sure about Emerald flags, but 8c3 may not be a safe flag
    Even if it is, has it been set before on some script? If so, the script will go to a string that only has end, and not release, so that may be it
    Also, if you wanted for the script to only happen once, at the end you should put setflag 0x8c3
    That way next time the hero steps on the script tile, the script wouldnt occur (or just use setvar 0x4050 0x1)
    Now for the sprite staying beggining and finishing the script hidden
    Well, in the person ID box on A-Map, you put the number of a flag that's alreadt set
    You could use:
    A. a flag you set before on the game
    B. a flag set by the game engine (I have a list for fire red, but not for emerald, sorry)
    That way the sprite doesn't show up
    If you wanted to make it appear you'd use the command "showsprite" and to re-disappear "hidesprite"
    Let me know if my comment helped you on any way :)

Huy567

The Shadow Feather
    Years
  • I'm not sure about Emerald flags, but 8c3 may not be a safe flag
    Even if it is, has it been set before on some script? If so, the script will go to a string that only has end, and not release, so that may be it
    Also, if you wanted for the script to only happen once, at the end you should put setflag 0x8c3
    That way next time the hero steps on the script tile, the script wouldnt occur (or just use setvar 0x4050 0x1)
    Now for the sprite staying beggining and finishing the script hidden
    Well, in the person ID box on A-Map, you put the number of a flag that's alreadt set
    You could use:
    A. a flag you set before on the game
    B. a flag set by the game engine (I have a list for fire red, but not for emerald, sorry)
    That way the sprite doesn't show up
    If you wanted to make it appear you'd use the command "showsprite" and to re-disappear "hidesprite"
    Let me know if my comment helped you on any way :)

lol thanks and btw this is firered XD sorry for not mentioning it so that list would help a lot

Years
  • lol thanks and btw this is firered XD sorry for not mentioning it so that list would help a lot

Nah, it's my bad, I should have known by the tiles xD (where was my mind I wonder :))
    List of pre-set flags:
    Spoiler:

Note: These were found by karatekid552, I just put this list together

Huy567

The Shadow Feather
    Years
  • Nah, it's my bad, I should have known by the tiles xD (where was my mind I wonder :))
    List of pre-set flags:
    Spoiler:

Note: These were found by karatekid552, I just put this list together

So all I have to do is add the release command if the flag is set, then change the people id of the sprite to one of the flags in the list and the rest should work?
    BTW is the sprites in a-map properly placed? Like is the fields on the right hand pane properly filled out with the "unknown"s and "var number or value" and all that?

Last edited:
    Years
  • So all I have to do is add the release command if the flag is set, then change the people id of the sprite to one of the flags in the list and the rest should work?
    BTW is the sprites in a-map properly placed? Like is the fields on the right hand pane properly filled out with the "unknown"s and "var number or value" and all that?

Ok, first of all, in A-Map, no need to put 3 on the unnown slot for the woman and no need to put 300 in the unknow script tile box
    As for the script:´
    Spoiler:

Also, don't forget to put the Person Id one of those flags in the list I gave you

Huy567

The Shadow Feather
    Years
  • Ok, first of all, in A-Map, no need to put 3 on the unnown slot for the woman and no need to put 300 in the unknow script tile box
    As for the script:´
    Spoiler:

Also, don't forget to put the Person Id one of those flags in the list I gave you

Thanks!

Back