• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
  • Nope... It's still not working right...Everything's fine until I reload the map. Then when you talk to the Pokeball again the script repeats. It's almost like the flag was never set. I'm really confused. Here's the script now in spoiler tags:
    Spoiler:
    The reason I misspell things in my scripts is because I have to completely retype them up. I hack on a laptop which normally doesn't have internet connection so... yeah. Any other reason why it's not working correctly?

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
  • Deokishisu: My only suggestion is that maybe 0x10 is a system flag. Try using another one.

EarthsVisitor: Hey, I've been looking at that script on and off too... :( No, I haven't got it to work either.

EDIT: Try putting autobank off at the beginning of the script.
    It's possible scripteds buggy coding is getting mixed up if some of the pointers are too large......
    (I'm grasping at straws, I don't have time to try it)

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Okay, this is more difficult of a question.
    So, I commend anyone who gets this.

This is a "Trading" script, not via link, but in the game, from computer to you.

Okay, my problem is... I compile a script, but after the script compiles, all the stuff I put in there is gone.
    And yes, I'm using Free Space I found on the rom.

Here's it before compiling.

Thanks. Good Luck!

Much to Irish Witch's joy, it's just another case of "offset overwriting". You really are having a lot of problems when giving offsets to things. You are just giving 26 bytes for the script at #org 0x6D5EF4, when you have a looooooooong script there, and you start the next just at #org 0x6D5F0E. So here's a little detailed report on what happened. Read it if you want...

First you inserted stuff at 6D5EF4, then the script at 6D5F0E crushed the previous part, and it was inserted correctly. Then the previous script kept inserting stuff, but obviously, it was already broken. Then I think the strings at 6D5F28 and 6D5F76 got corrupted somehow probably caused by the "main script" at 6D5EF4. Finally, at 6D5F90 the strings could be inserted sucessfully (seems like the "main script" ended), however, once again, you were calculating legths incorrectly and the strings got pasted one over another. Quite a little mess... XD

So, either try giving more space to the offsets, like some other guys do (sometimes giving too much space, and wasting... :P). Or... The best choice for you should be learning to use Pokescript...

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • Thanks alot Zel.
    I should've figured that with the clashing of the scripts in the Strings.

I have but one more question.
    What part of the script would I need to edit to change the 2 pokemon being traded?

:)

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    Do I need to make space with thingy to enter a script?If so how?I saw it on WAH written by Sergo

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
  • So, either try giving more space to the offsets, like some other guys do (sometimes giving too much space, and wasting... :P). Or... The best choice for you should be learning to use Pokescript...

:chu: YaaaaY Woohooo Yeah

[Gratuitous slayers reference]
    "Great to have you on the team!"
    *Slaps Zel on the back and hurt my hand on his stone skin*
    [/reference]

*chuckle*

[Curious]
    Does that script now that it's working still perform a trade properly?

Years
  • Well, you can't add any other command after the warp (because you are in another map, and the game forgets about the original script). And, I'm curious about the freeze... What is it? Is it just a normal freeze... Or a constant flashing freeze? (I saw lots of different freeze... As you see... :P)
    I don't know but maybe you are overwriting offset. Your main script is quite long... It could be possible... Hex Editors may help you find out.
    The script freezes after the player walks up one step (the first time). It never warps the player to the desired location. It just freezes... the player can't move anymore, and not important persons stop moving too. I'm not sure if everything freezes, there are no flowers near the event...

Is there a way to make the player move around some more after warping?

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • [Curious]
    Does that script now that it's working still perform a trade properly?

The script it self seems to work properly. When I go up to the person, everything that would happen for a trade, happens, unfortunately, I don't have the pokemon he wants so I can't test if the transaction actually works.
    I'm trying to figure out how to change the 2 pokemon being traded.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • IW: You better watch out... I may counterattack with my Ra Tilt... XD

The script freezes after the player walks up one step (the first time). It never warps the player to the desired location. It just freezes... the player can't move anymore, and not important persons stop moving too. I'm not sure if everything freezes, there are no flowers near the event...

Is there a way to make the player move around some more after warping?

Unfortunately, I don't know any other way than to modify the destiny's map's Level Script, and I don't even know if it'd work, since I always have big troubles when touching them (I usually just erase stuff I don't want to happen). The best possible bet is to put Script Events around the destiny's Warp Event, so as soon as the player moves after the warping, stuff keeps happening.

By the way, since I suppose you've been (or will) doing changes to the script, feel free to post the script again (in spoilers, please), 'cause I think the old one is... old, isn't it?

The script it self seems to work properly. When I go up to the person, everything that would happen for a trade, happens, unfortunately, I don't have the pokemon he wants so I can't test if the transaction actually works.
    I'm trying to figure out how to change the 2 pokemon being traded.

Hmmm... Well, usually those scripts end up calling some routine in the game, but the script itself does not actually have the poke to be asked for (I know because I tried it before), so basically you are just repeating an existing event (you are not even adding a "new" trading event, even when you are using new offsets). So all you'd really need to do is: use the existing "trading events" offsets, finding all the people who wants to trade in the game, then hex-modify the pokes they want, and the pokes you'll receive.

For that, you may follow my self made guide... (Which I never posted... Should I post it in a new thread...? :\)

Obviously, FR as always, if R/S/E uses the same format for doing the trades, then it could work for those versions as well.

First you need to hex-search for the name of the poke we receive in the trade originally (for example, in FR, we receive a "MIMIEN")
    Once you find it, we will notice the name followed by "FF" and then a bunch of "00" (which means free space for the name). Now you can change the name of the poke we'll receive with hex, as long as you respect that the name must still be finished with the "FF" (and at least make sure to leave a "00" as well, just in case)
    After that free space comes inmediately XXXX, which should be the value of the ID of the poke we will get (as always it's swapped hex, so Bulbasaur which is 0001 becomes 0100) So just find the ID of the new poke, change it to hex (with Windows Calculator on Scientific Mode), and then swap it as I did in my example.
    Next is seeing where the next recognizable name starts (in my MIMIEN case, there's a "REYLEY" close to it), that name is the name of the trainer, so to change it, you must do exactly the same as when you changed the poke's name.
    After the trainer's name, and free space comes a "0A" (which most likely will be other thing), and after that comes another XXXX, which is the ID of the poke the trainer wants, once again it's swapped-hex, so do it the same way as before to change it.

And, you can even modify the hold item of the poke we'll receive (don't start putting Master Balls! :P), to modify it just: look at the trainer's name again, then start going backwards, and we'll see either a "00" or "FF", and right after it (still going backwards), you'll find another XXXX, which is the ID of the Hold Item (and as you can imagine, it's swapped-hex, so you know how to modify it)

That should be all, if you follow it carefully everyone'll be able to change the pokes involved in a trade, of course, I don't know how to add new ones... But, how many trades will you need? XD

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • Well, that should work.
    I'll test it today, when I get some more free time.

I don't really mind getting rid of the other trades to support this one idea in my game.
    I'm going to need a total of 6 trades. I think there is enough.

EDIT: You should post that little Tutorial. It might come in handy for more than just me.
    EDIT: Worked perfectly for Ruby, Thanks Zel.
    EDIT: Lucky for me, there are only 3 Trades in Ruby, I'm gonna spend some time evaluating how to create new trades. (Oh God)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2009
    Could anyone do me a script of two people blocking an staircase but when you speak to them the move and let you through please?

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • Could anyone do me a script of two people blocking an staircase but when you speak to them the move and let you through please?

It's best not to ask someone to make a whole script for you, besides, you did not include enough information.
    You would need to tell us where the staircase is located, where the people move to, and what they say.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
  • zel said:
    IW: You better watch out... I may counterattack with my Ra Tilt... XD[/qoute]

Well I may not be an etherial being but that is still a challenge....
    It is so on!!!!

"You who crosses between sky and earth, gently flowing water, gather in my hand and give me power: DEMONA......."

(Attempting to start a RP thread for this. Will edit and put a link in if approved)

------

Good tut on making the trade work effectively btw Zel, and on how to change the character.. You will definitely have to make a tutorial on that!

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Spoiler:

Can sum1 tell me what is wrong with that script? I'm very new at scripting and ne help would be apreciated.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Spoiler:

Can sum1 tell me what is wrong with that script? I'm very new at scripting and ne help would be apreciated.

I don't use PokéScript but I think you used two same offsets. They're both "$Pikachu".

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2018
    he missed a 1 after the pickachu with message

so:

Spoiler:

i belive

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2007
    he missed a 1 after the pickachu with message

so:

i belive

No he didn't. Christos had the right of it.

' This is a Relative Offset
    #org $Pikachu

This is a inline offset (Variable name)
    $Pikachu 1 = PIKACHU: blah blah...

So yeah, That's two offsets with the same name in his script.
    If I know that script then you don't need:
    #Org $Pikachu.

Remove that and you should be fine!

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2007
    Code:
    Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Loading command database...
    Empty command database detected. Program halted.

I used a Yes/No Script (Typed it over From Christos's Tutorial, so Credit to him ^-^) Open DiamondCutter en then i get this! Waht to do? I have no idea..D;

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    No he didn't. Christos had the right of it.

' This is a Relative Offset
    #org $Pikachu

This is a inline offset (Variable name)
    $Pikachu 1 = PIKACHU: blah blah...

So yeah, That's two offsets with the same name in his script.
    If I know that script then you don't need:
    #Org $Pikachu.

Remove that and you should be fine!

So then what do i do with it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back