• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicken_man1234

Spriting and Mapping: Mediocre
    Years
    I'm trying to make my own start in FireRed and I want to know if there is a checkpokemon command similar to the checkitem command so I can't leave the town without a pokemon.
    If not, what else can i do.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I'm trying to make my own start in FireRed and I want to know if there is a checkpokemon command similar to the checkitem command so I can't leave the town without a pokemon.
    If not, what else can i do.

It's not exactly a checkpokemon, but if you use the original starter picking scripts, you can use (small example)

compare 0x4055 0x3
    if 0x1 jump 0xHasPokemon
    ...do something here to make the character step back...

The "HasPokemon" script would be...

#org 0xHasPokemon
    release
    end

That way, if player picked its starter, then he would be able to proceed, if not, it would do whatever you put after the if 0x1 jump...

If you have other plans (like giving just a specific pokemon), then you'd only need to use a switch instead. In your script of giving pokemon, just setflag 0xMyFlag, and in the script where you want to block if you don't have pokemon, just do:

checkflag 0xMyFlag
    if 0x1 jump 0xHasPokemon
    ...do something here to make the character step back...

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    pokescript actually has a countpokemon command.
    Returns the number of pokemon in the party into Lastresult. Use it thus:

countpokemon
    compare LASTRESULT 6 ' Number of pokemon to check for
    if b_True goto $FullParty

Last edited:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    I'm having a problem with this script. Everything's fine until the applymovement. After I win the battle and talk to the person again, she doesn't move. Did I do something wrong?

Spoiler:

And is there any way to make the person say the "I've got to tell the ADMIN..." part directly after the battle? That way, you wouldn't have to talk to them in order to make them move.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    is there a script for using an item to change the characters sprite like an costume change ?

I don't think there is such thing, as I'm sure nobody knows how to assign a script to an item use. And then, there is no way to change how a hero/ine looks in-game.

I'm having a problem with this script. Everything's fine until the applymovement. After I win the battle and talk to the person again, she doesn't move. Did I do something wrong?

Spoiler:

And is there any way to make the person say the "I've got to tell the ADMIN..." part directly after the battle? That way, you wouldn't have to talk to them in order to make them move.

All the applymovement commands require the use of a pause command after the applymovement. Just like this:

applymovement 0x12 0x71DF54
    pause 0x20

Just change the 20 for a bigger value when the movement is longer.

[EDIT]: Oh, by the way, just change the trainerbattle command to this: trainerbattle 0x9 0x15F 0x0 0x818ADFB 0xOponentWins, and all the commands after the trainerbattle will get executed right after you win the battle (even that movement you wanted to do). The only bad point about this is that you need to make the introduction yourself (there's no pre-battle message as you can see in the command, and you get that extra OponentWins message, in case you lose the battle)

Last edited:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    EDIT: Ok, now I have another problem, everything in the script works great. All fine and dandy. But now I want her to disappear after the script is over. Y'know, disappear forever. I tried the movesprite command and that didn't work so... What command would allow me to do that? And where do I put it? Here's the script:

Spoiler:

The movements are compiled and stuff. I was just too lazy to type them! So... Any help?

Last edited:

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
    Deokishisu:
    In AdvanceMap, go to the sprite event that you want to dissapear and click on it.
    On the side you should see something that says "Person ID" assign them any number. (I suggest 0###) (ex: 0543)
    Then, in your script, at the point you want him/her to dissapear, put setflag 0xPERSONID.
    So, for example, ours would be
    setflag 0x543

Be reminded that this flag will only take place after the map the person is on, reloads.
    So, you'd have to exit, and come back.

The best way is to movesprite, and ALSO do this, or you could force them to go into a house, then come back.
    :)

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    I did do the setflag/person ID thingy and then my person wouldn't move. I'll try it again and see if it works.

How would I go about an applymove player script, then have someone talking and afterwords have a battle and then talk again and after that, have them leave, and you warp back somewhere. Would the basic format for the commands be in this order?:

Spoiler:

Am I right about this?

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    This is about scripted and the scripts okay so loaded my scripted with the rom without any spaces and in the same folder but when I tried to load a script it didn't work.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    How would I go about an applymove player script, then have someone talking and afterwords have a battle and then talk again and after that, have them leave, and you warp back somewhere. Would the basic format for the commands be in this order?:

Spoiler:

Am I right about this?

The correct unspecific order I would use is:

checkflag ->Use a flag so the event doesn't happen again
    if 0x1 jump 0xEventFinished
    applymovement
    pause
    msgbox
    callstd
    #raw 0x5C ->Well, this for FR, if you don't put this then the trainerbattle won't work on Scripted
    trainerbattle
    set or clear all the flags involved
    msgbox
    callstd
    applymovement
    pause
    warp
    end

EventFinished is quite easy, as it's just a release, then end.

This is about scripted and the scripts okay so loaded my scripted with the rom without any spaces and in the same folder but when I tried to load a script it didn't work.

You tried to load a script from a rom, or from a .rbc file? (if it's the first, then it could be that the script was too big so, Scripted couldn't understand it, and it hang the program). Other than that, I'm not quite sure about other possibilities.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
    I've got yet another script Problem here. This is a script for a quest I'm trying to implement in Azure Blue some time later on. *Cough*MEGASPOILERALERT*Cough*
    Spoiler:
    But the thing is, I've looked up and down at this script and just can't place what's wrong with it. Every time I try to compile, it says "Error 13 Type Mismatch", but I don't see any unusual commands in here. Are the offsets too close, or are the strings just too long, or is it just too big of a script?

Also, the "Setflag 0x31E" is so I can make the people ID in AM and make the person disappear afterward.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I've got yet another script Problem here. This is a script for a quest I'm trying to implement in Azure Blue some time later on. *Cough*MEGASPOILERALERT*Cough*
    Spoiler:
    But the thing is, I've looked up and down at this script and just can't place what's wrong with it. Every time I try to compile, it says "Error 13 Type Mismatch", but I don't see any unusual commands in here. Are the offsets too close, or are the strings just too long, or is it just too big of a script?

Also, the "Setflag 0x31E" is so I can make the people ID in AM and make the person disappear afterward.

When you give an item you need to specify how many you want to give, so the giveitem command is: giveitem 0xItem 0xQuantity

By the way... What's that pausemove 0? Is that a pokescript command? (The normal way would be pause 0xValue)

Years
    I'm having trouble with this script:
    a fish stick. said:
    #org 0xE3CFB9
    lock
    checkflag 0x860
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto 0xE3CFF2
    checkflag 0x364
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto 0xE3CFF2
    applymovement 0xFF 0xE3CFAE
    pause 0x10
    message 0xE3CFF5
    boxset 0x4
    setflag 0x364
    warp 0x0 0x9 0x7
    release
    end

#org 0xE3CFAE
    #raw 0x56
    #raw 0xFE

#org 0xE3CFF2
    release
    end

#org 0xE3CFF5
    = It sounds like a truck.
    It's for Pokémon Emerald... It's suppossed to set flag 364, then refresh the map by warping, so that a sprite on the map dissappears.

However, I think the script doesn't set the flag at all, 'cuz the message box and the "!" show up and the player warps every time I trigger the script. What am I doing wrong?

Dark_porygon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2014
    can someone make this script for me?

oh hello can you help me, my husband is stuck in the rock of luciva city. Can you bring me to him ?
    YES : (she walks after your 8 times left, 8 times up ,5 times left.
    Oh thank you very much here take this (you get a nugget
    (they walk all 1 down and right never to return again)
    NO: Please if you find him say it to me

for pokescript.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    Hi I need a Script about a double battle with Jessie'n'James. Youre supposed to talk to jessie then she sais "Who are you? Doesnt matter dont disturb us"-(there it ends) when you talk to her again she say "Do you really want to get hurt?" -No: "Then get away!" -YES:"Then your wish is my law" then a batlle with her and james start. After the battle she says"Okay fine! We go then." then they disappears.

I cant script at all so thats why I need your help.
    Plz help me someone!

EDIT: MEOWTH is with them he needs to Disappear too. Jessie is event 1E / 14 James is event 1F / 15 and Meowth is event 11/16

Last edited:

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
    When you give an item you need to specify how many you want to give, so the giveitem command is: giveitem 0xItem 0xQuantity

By the way... What's that pausemove 0? Is that a pokescript command? (The normal way would be pause 0xValue)

She said the Pausemove 0 thing works for ScriptED, and it does, because I've used it in another script (That checkitem one that I fixed behind the scenes), and I've fixed the Giveitem, and tried the pause 0x0, but it now says "Overflow error".

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
    I actually have a simple scripting question. For some reason, the compare lastresult doesn't work in this script. What's supposed to happen is that when you talk to this person, it will check if you have two pokemon. If you do, the person will battle you in a double battle. If not, It will do a single battle. I already made the person twice in Pet. One as a single battle (0x0EB), and as a double battle (0x0F5). But it always just goes to the single battle. Here's the script. If anyone has an answer, that would be great.

Code:
    #org $battle
    countpokemon
    compare LASTRESULT 2
    if B_true goto $double
    trainerbattle 0 0x0EB $s1 $e1
    message $win
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $double
    trainerbattle 0 0x0F5 $s1 $e1
    message $win
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $s1
    $s1 1 = You! Are you a TEAM ROCKET\nassociate?

#org $e1
    $e1 1 = Hmm! I guess you're not...

#org $win
    $win 1 = Sorry about that. I just got\nconfused.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back