• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    What causes "run-time error '13' mismatch"?

If the script does have mistakes. For example you have a conversation like this:

Spoiler:

So if you compile this script I think the message appears. Why? You have forgotten the "#".
    Than it's this:

Spoiler:

But maybe you have forgotten another things which are needed. Try to find it out or post your script.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
    Thanks foullump. it realy helpped.
    if anyone wants to know setting the flags 0x829 and 0x10A enables the regular dex and national dex

can someone help me with this script please

#ORG $begin
    checkflag 0x212
    if B_true goto $done
    playsound 0x12E
    applymovement 0x1 $mumwalk
    pause 0x20
    message $mumtalk
    boxset 6
    giveitem 0x116 1
    message $mumtalk2
    boxset 6
    applymovement 0x1 $mumwalk2
    pause 0x20
    setflag 0x212
    fadesound
    release
    end

#org $done
    release
    end

#org $mumtalk
    $mumtalk 1 = Oh, \v\h01...! Our neighbor, Prof. Elm,\nwas looking for you. He said he\pwanted you to do something for

him.\pOh! I almost forgot! Your Pokemon\nGear is back from the repair shop.\pHere you go!

#org $mumtalk2
    $mumtalk2 1 = Pokemon Gear, or just PokeGear.\pIt's essential if you want to be a\ngood trainer.\pTo make calls just turn the

PokeGear\non and select the Phone icon.\pPhone numbers are stored in memory.\nJust choose a name you want to\pcall. Gee,

isn't that convenient?

#org $mumwalk
    $mumwalk 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x13 0xFE

#org $mumwalk2
    $mumwalk2 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x10 0xFE

this script works if i take out the sound but not if i leave it in.
    plus can someone tell the item number for the vs seeker please.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    linkandzelda please merge your post by pressing the edit button copy your message and paste it in you message before. Than delete the other message.
    I think it has to be boxset 0x6 or 0x2.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    I dont know if im allowed to post this here or not but here it is

This is to make a Shiny Rayquaza appear at Level 30 in Pokemon Fire Red

Here is what you do

1.Patch the ROM with the patch
    2.Put a sprite where you want rayquaza and put its Script Offset as $730000 then when you talk to it itll start a shiny Rayquaza battle ^_^

The Script Offest again is

$730000

Here is the patch

Credits to -HAckMew- for this

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
    I dont know if im allowed to post this here or not but here it is

This is to make a Shiny Rayquaza appear at Level 30 in Pokemon Fire Red

Here is what you do

1.Patch the ROM with the patch
    2.Put a sprite where you want rayquaza and put its Script Offset as $730000 then when you talk to it itll start a shiny Rayquaza battle ^_^

The Script Offest again is

$730000

Here is the patch

Credits to -HAckMew- for this
    Ummm.......Okay, but I think everyone would rather just want to learn how to do this themselves instead of using your script. So, why don't you just make a tutorial on how to do this rather than posting your rom?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Ummm.......Okay, but I think everyone would rather just want to learn how to do this themselves instead of using your script. So, why don't you just make a tutorial on how to do this rather than posting your rom?

because

1. Hackmew made it
    2. There are already like 30 on this site O_O

And if they want to make it them selves then they could just not download the pach O_O

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    hello could anybody tell me the number for the Vs.Seeker,cause i can't find it in the item list or make me the script in Gold where you go downstairs and your mom gives you Vs.Seeker

Thankx in advance

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    hello could anybody tell me the number for the Vs.Seeker,cause i can't find it in the item list or make me the script in Gold where you go downstairs and your mom gives you Vs.Seeker

This question has already been answered... Take a look to the last pages of the Simple Questions thread.

linkandzelda

Years
    hi
    i need help. on pokemon crystal where you enter cherrygrove for thwe first time theres a man there that gives you a tour and then gives you a map card and goes into his house. if you go to the house before hes not there obveously but im having trouble making a script like that for leaf green.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    hi
    i need help. on pokemon crystal where you enter cherrygrove for thwe first time theres a man there that gives you a tour and then gives you a map card and goes into his house. if you go to the house before hes not there obveously but im having trouble making a script like that for leaf green.

You should ask zel for the script. He has it.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
    Thanks foullump. it realy helpped.
    if anyone wants to know setting the flags 0x829 and 0x10A enables the regular dex and national dex

can someone help me with this script please
    Spoiler:

this script works if i take out the sound but not if i leave it in.
    plus can someone tell the item number for the vs seeker please.

thanks in advance

This is explained in my thread about scripting. After you put 'playsound' below it, place #raw 0x33

EX:

playsound 0x13B
    #raw 0x33

zel is away i think because hes disabled PM's so i dont know what to do.

Okay, I am Zel's advocate. For a script, you should do this.
    Earlier in the game, such as, when you just leave a house or something, create a script that says something like:
    Code:
    #org $go
    checkflag 0x201
    if B_true goto $done
    setflag 0x200
    setflag 0x201
    release
    end

#org $done
    release
    end

Then, somewhere in the script for the old man that tours you, you should put
    Clearflag 0x200

Of course, you should set the old guy's id in the house as 200.
    Feel free to ask if you need any other help.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
    i think my rom is broke. i inserted that playsound thing and it did not work then i changed back to the old offset and it now gives me the scanner instead of the vs seeker. i tried rewriting the script and inserted it 5 times but still get the same thing.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
    i think my rom is broke. i inserted that playsound thing and it did not work then i changed back to the old offset and it now gives me the scanner instead of the vs seeker. i tried rewriting the script and inserted it 5 times but still get the same thing.

Show me the script so I can see what's wrong.

linkandzelda

Years
    dont worry about it. its working now thanks. i'll try the old man script after i get everybodys speech done. i still need help with the mart in cherrygrove because at the momment i can buy pokeballs before you get the dex and its meant to be after.

MentalxxHospital

The Lovecats - The Cure
    Years
    Hey^^
    I need a script for this:
    Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

When you walk on the script, this will happen:
    - Player turn towards the man
    - The man says "A new road is built over there! You're not allowed to go any further."
    - Player goes one step left

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back