• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Argh, when i step on the "S" in game, nothing happens - game don't freezes - all normally, but it just don' work - please help.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
    Argh, when i step on the "S" in game, nothing happens - game don't freezes - all normally, but it just don' work - please help.

Most likely answer:
    EarthsVisitor said:
    Go into AdvanceMap and click on the "script"
    This is what you should see...

Unknown: 00 00
    Var Number: 00 00
    Var Value: 00 00

Change it to this...

Unknown: 03 00
    Var Number: 00 40
    Var Value: 00 00

If it still doesn't work after that, show us your script.

Years
    Now, it shows the messeage and warps, but don't move people number 1 in Pallet Town - here is my Script:

#org $Startscript
    applymovement 1 $move
    $move 1 ; #binary 0x09 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x0B 0x4A 0xFE
    pausemove 0
    message $NeedFast
    $NeedFast 1 = Brendan:Helo \n We need to move\n fast - they will be\n here after minute!\n Ash:Who will be here?\n Brendan:No time to\n talk! Keep moving!
    boxset 6
    givepokemon 22 5 0
    warp 3 2 0
    release
    end

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Is this Give Item Script correct?
    Code:
    #org $start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x200
    message $Give
    $Give 1 =Take this!
    boxset 6
    giveitem 0x1 5
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

sandcrawler

slacking off in my spare time.
    Years
    Is it possible to script in-game 'true' double battles in Fire Red? True double battles are in Fire Red, but only in the link game.

Years
    Now, it shows the messeage and warps, but don't move people number 1 in Pallet Town - here is my Script:

I have no idea what the problem is, Try checking the if the people no. is correct, that is all the advice I have to give you. Maybe someone else can find the problem.

Is this Give Item Script correct?
    Code:
    #org $start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x200
    [B]if b_true goto $done[/B]
    message $Give
    $Give 1 =Take this!
    boxset 6
    giveitem 0x1 5
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

[B]#org $done
    message $hi
    $hi 1 =(What he says after you have recieved it)
    boxset 6
    release
    end[/B]
    What I edited is in bold.

Is it possible to script in-game 'true' double battles in Fire Red? True double battles are in Fire Red, but only in the link game.

I don't understand what you are asking for. What do you mean by a 'true' double battle?

Years
    Do you mean like the battle where you partner steven at the rocket launch thing(mental blank) in RSE? If it is I'm not sure about that but there should be a way, it could involve some 'special's or something like that. I'll look into it.

Years
    thethethethe - I have one more question - what move data should I put for the script, and the movement way?

Years

Okay, I took a look at it, in an Emerald Rom, but the script was really complicated. It would take me a couple of days(minimum) to figure out what everything was, so I'm not going to bother doing it. If it was programmed into the ROM, that means it is possible. So I guess it is up to you if you want to figure it all out. Who knows, maybe someone will write it for you, but the script isn't simple.

thethethethe - I have one more question - what move data should I put for the script, and the movement way?

huh??? What do you mean, the #binary 0x?? 0x?? 0xFE, or something else? What do mean by 'movement way' and 'move data'???

Years
    So, i thought, that on spaces where people will go I should put some special move data :P
    So what move data should I put on a space with script. Oh and I changed rom to ruby, what should i put in vars now?

Years
    So, i thought, that on spaces where people will go I should put some special move data :P
    So what move data should I put on a space with script. Oh and I changed rom to ruby, what should i put in vars now?

I still don't understand what you mean by move-data. The vars-remain the same. Just use the same things that you used for FR.

Years
    When you are editing map with advance map, you have "MOVE DATA", should i put some special on place with script, or just "C" ?

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    I was wondering,can you use an offset in a dialog sript to determine the text lines instead of typing the whole thing?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    When you are editing map with advance map, you have "MOVE DATA", should i put some special on place with script, or just "C" ?
    This is not the Right Thread to ask this Question.

There is nothing special to put
    Code:
    C - Walkthrough
    1 - Wall/can't walk through
    0 - For ladders
    4 - Water
    14 - You put this on top of mountains you walk on.
    D - Signpost

Next time go to the right Thread.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    How come in my givepokemon Script(I copied the Script offset from the eevee in Celadon city) I get the pokemon but it doesn't appear as 'POKéMON' on the Start menu, BUT! when in battle I still send an eevee out.

Request:
    TYPE: Givepokémon Script
    Pokemon: Magby
    Level: 7
    Item: Charcoal
    Additional Details: After I get the pokéball make it so that a earthquake and a FadeScreen effect making you warp to Map: 3 Bank: 20.

Please help me out.
    Also who can be a Scripter for my hack(LeafGreen)?
    ~cooley~

Years
    How come in my givepokemon Script(I copied the Script offset from the eevee in Celadon city) I get the pokemon but it doesn't appear as 'POKéMON' on the Start menu, BUT! when in battle I still send an eevee out.

Request:
    TYPE: Givepokémon Script
    Pokemon: Magby
    Level: 7
    Item: Charcoal
    Additional Details: After I get the pokéball make it so that a earthquake and a FadeScreen effect making you warp to Map: 3 Bank: 20.

Please help me out.
    Also who can be a Scripter for my hack(LeafGreen)?
    ~cooley~

The first problem could be that you have put that script for recieving your first pokemon. and you would need to add a setflag 0x828(FR LG) for that to work. And also if you want to recieve the magby in the pokedex you need to add
    special 0x16F(FR LG).
    Well here is the script:
    Code:
    #org $start
    faceplayer
    givepokemon 240 7 215
    #raw 53
    #raw <people no.(hex)>
    #raw 00
    message $take
    boxset 6
    special 0x136
    pause 0x40
    warp 3 20 0
    fadescreen 0
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#org $take
    $take 1 =\v\h01 recieved a MAGBY!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Is this Script Correct. And Thank you thethethethe.
    Code:
    #org $start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x800
    message $MAGBY
    $MAGBY 1=This MAGBY just won't\nevolve. You can have it
    boxset 6
    givepokemon 240 7 0
    jingle
    message $GotMagby
    $GotMagby 1 =You just got a MAGBY!
    boxset 6
    message $NameMag
    $NameMag 1 = Would you like to give\nMAGBY a nickname?
    boxset 5
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if b_False goto $Bye
    setflag 0x828
    goto $Bye

#org $Bye
    setflag 0x800
    setflag 0x801
    message $Pokedex
    $Pokedex 1 = Take Care of MAGBY!
    boxset 6
    jingle
    message $GotDex
    $Gotdex 1 = You Also got the National\nPokéDex
    boxset 6
    end

By the way the script you made me doesn't activate the Pokedex.
    tell me the Flag number and where should I insert it.

Your help is Greatly appreciated.
    ~cooley~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back