• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Scripts simply freeze game when they shouldn't.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2016
    Any script that involves locking the player, be that either "lock" or "MSG_KEEPOPEN/closeonkeypress" or anything similar that's active on one of Advance Map's green S tiles simply freezes my game when I step on it. Ones already in the game do not, but if I move them somewhere else, or edit them at all, they do.

I've been trying for a couple hours now to make a message pop up on the first time I enter a route, or to block my way until some certain thing has happened. One of my codes is below, and it simply freezes the game... I'm on Ruby... Help?

'---------------
    #org 0x740000
    lock
    checkflag 0x500
    if 0x1 goto 0x8287CD4
    release
    end

'---------------
    #org 0x287CD4
    applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8287CDF
    waitmovement 0x0
    release
    end

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x287CDF
    #raw 0x16 'Slide Up

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You need to set variables for script-tiles to work. Look to the right hand side of A-Map when you click your tile you will see var number and var value.

Var number is a variable - for instance, 0x4045. The var value dictates if the script tile happens - if it is set to 0000 then the script will happen when 0x4045 = 0x0. Therefore if you set it to 0x1, the script will no longer work.

To learn more about how this works have a read of this tutorial by Karatekid.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2014
    Hello,

You need to put a "#raw 0xFE" behind the "Slide up" movement. Every applymovement must end with #raw 0xFE.

Tell me if it worked. =)

Back