• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

scwizard's first RMT

scwizard

Starcraft Wizard
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    I've been playing this on Shoddy. It's actually been winning which has surprised me since I'm not that good. Didn't see much of a lot of pokemon though. The best part is when I have been losing it's because I've made mistakes and switched into the wrong pokemon for instance. For example switching in Raichu when the opener is Gyarados instead of Garchomp.

Umbreon @ Leftovers (F)
    Impish
    EVs: 120 hp, 252 defense, 136, special def
    *Taunt
    *Moonlight
    *Mean Look
    *Baton Pass

Charizard @ Choice Scarf (M)
    Modest
    EVs: 252 sped, 252 special atk, 4 defense
    *Overheat
    *Air Slash
    *Hidden Power (grass)
    *Focus Blast

Froslass @ Focus Sash (F)
    Timid
    EVs: 252 speed, 252 special atk, 4 defense
    *Ice Beam
    *Shadow Ball
    *Thunderbolt
    *Destiny Bond

Raichu @ Salac Berry (M)
    Adamant
    EVs: 252 speed, 252 attack, 4 defense
    *Fake Out
    *Volt Tackle
    *Endure
    *Reversal

Forretress @ Leftovers (M)
    Timid
    EVs: 252 hp, 56 defense, 200 special def
    *Stealth Rock
    *Spikes
    *Rapid Spin
    *Explosion

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf (M)
    Adamant
    EVs: 252 speed, 252 attack, 4 special def
    *Crunch
    *Earthquake
    *Outrage
    *Stone Edge

I admit I have a strong bias towards Umbreon. I don't feel like explaining myself. It's not that complicated. Garchomp = physical sweeper, charizard = special sweeper etc. It's probably not the best team considering how little experiance I have, but I don't think it's too terrible because unlike the other teams I've made it can win.

Last edited:

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
    Hey I have to admit, you've got a nice team going there, but Charizard is gg'ed easily by stealth rock you know, so I suggest swapping that for something else like Gengar or Alakazam, I know you've got a spinner but it just doesn't feel right

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    I've been playing this on Shoddy. It's actually been winning which has surprised me since I'm not that good. Didn't see much of a lot of pokemon though. The best part is when I have been losing it's because I've made mistakes and switched into the wrong pokemon for instance. For example switching in Raichu when the opener is Gyarados instead of Garchomp.

Umbreon @ Leftovers (F)
    Impish
    *Taunt
    *Wish
    *Mean Look
    *Baton Pass
    Use Wish. Iceman3k commands it.

Charizard @ Choice Specs (M)
    Timid
    *Overheat
    *Air Slash
    *Hidden Power (grass)
    *Focus Blast
    With all of that Speed, Charizard doesn't need Choice Scarf =/

Timid
    *Ice Beam
    *Shadow Ball
    *Thunderbolt
    *Destiny Bond
    Fine, I guess.

Raichu @ Salac Berry (M)
    Adamant
    *Fake Out
    *Thunderpunch
    *Endure
    *Reversal
    Volt Tackle on a Reversal set = Total Suicide.

Relaxed
    EVs: 252 hp, 56 defense, 200 special def
    *Stealth Rock
    *Spikes
    *Rapid Spin
    *Explosion
    Don't know what you're running Sp. Defense for, and it'll STILL get OHKOed by Fire Attacks =/
    And running Stealth Rock AND Spikes on the same Pokemon is total redundancy. Pick one, replace the other with Gyro Ball. Light Screen or Earthquake over Explosion.

Adamant
    *Crunch
    *Earthquake
    *Outrage
    *Stone Edge
    Uh sure.

I admit I have a strong bias towards Umbreon. I don't feel like explaining myself. It's not that complicated. Garchomp = physical sweeper, charizard = special sweeper etc. It's probably not the best team considering how little experiance I have, but I don't think it's too terrible because unlike the other teams I've made it can win.
    This team certainly isn't Stealth Rock or Spike friendly.
    You'll probably have some problems with Choice Specs Starmie. Might not be a common threat, but it's an extremely big one.

scwizard

Starcraft Wizard
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    I used to have wish. Experience made me change it. Umbreon kept dying when I used wish. With moonlight and taunt Umbreon can pwn anything holding life orb.

Charizard needs the speed to outpace the huge amount of 110 and 120 base seed stuff people use. If I'm OHKOing everything what's the point of specs.

@Timid ghost: Your 100% right, that I just got pwned because I wasn't timid. Changing atm.

Having both special and physical doesn't work generally. I might try it though but not now. I'll start paying attention to the context I use volt tackle and see how many times it kills me.

@Foretress: Your right on the EVs it's turning out. I tried Gyro Ball and it didn't work for me. Explosion has worked really well though. It works well enough that many many people run the exact same moveset I do. I would run gyro instead of stealth rock if I had another stealth rock person, but I don't.

Hmm, once EQ on a Foretress killed one of my guys. I could try that out over explosion. I don't think EQ can OHKO PorygonZ though :D

@Stealth rock pain: Yup, I won't deny that. I've lost games because of it.

I want a fast and powerful special sweeper that can shoot fire. It doesn't need to be stabbed. Neither Alakazam nor Gengar can do that (fire punch doesn't count).

Last edited:

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    I used to have wish. Experience made me change it. Umbreon kept dying when I used wish. With moonlight and taunt Umbreon can pwn anything holding life orb.
    The whole objective of using Wish is to heal other Members. Also, Wish is probably not to be used unless used in combination with Protect.

Charizard needs the speed to outpace the huge amount of 110 and 120 base seed stuff people use. If I'm OHKOing everything what's the point of specs.
    If you're going to run Choice Specs, then change to a Modest Nature. 317 SAtk isn't going to OHKO anything. Hurt, yes, but kill, no.

@Timid ghost: Your 100% right, that I just got pwned because I wasn't timid. Changing atm.

Having both special and physical doesn't work generally. I might try it though but not now. I'll start paying attention to the context I use volt tackle and see how many times it kills me.
    Thunderpunch isn't a Sp. Attack.

@Foretress: Your right on the EVs it's turning out. I tried Gyro Ball and it didn't work for me. Explosion has worked really well though. It works well enough that many many people run the exact same moveset I do. I would run gyro instead of stealth rock if I had another stealth rock person, but I don't.

Hmm, once EQ on a Foretress killed one of my guys. I could try that out over explosion. I don't think EQ can OHKO PorygonZ though :D
    That's what we have Gyro Ball for.
    Except coming from Forretress, it's not OHKOing anything. Forretress is not made for Physical Sweeping (unless you run with Choice Band but that would destroy Forretress's Purpose)

@Stealth rock pain: Yup, I won't deny that. I've lost games because of it.

I want a fast and powerful special sweeper that can shoot fire. It doesn't need to be stabbed. Neither Alakazam nor Gengar can do that (fire punch doesn't count).
    Then IMO, you should be using Magmortar.

Magmortar @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Flame Body
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Fire Blast
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power (Ice)
    Better Sp. Attack, better choice of attacks compared to Charizard.

Oh and one more thing, be on the lookout of Choice Banded STABed Earthquake Attackers.

scwizard

Starcraft Wizard
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    Hmm, there was one battle where I was just barely outspeeding everything then OKHOing it. In this last battle though choice specs would have helped.

Let me make char modest for now and see how that improves things. I really think it'll get outsped like crazy though without scarf.

Explosion has style >_> It also pwns togkiss.

EDIT: I'll give Magmortar a shot in a few.

Does Gyroball really OHKO Porygonz?

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    no, i hope gyroball doesn't ohko porygon z ._.

then again, i'm the kinda fool who runs his scarf porygon z w/ near max hp, so what do i know.

your team is gonna have major troubles with just about any random sandstorm team.

scwizard

Starcraft Wizard
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    no, i hope gyroball doesn't ohko porygon z ._.

then again, i'm the kinda fool who runs his scarf porygon z w/ near max hp, so what do i know.

your team is gonna have major troubles with just about any random sandstorm team.
    Why? I've beaten teams with sandstorm and teams with blizzard, I don't see why it'd give me a hard time...

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years

Umbreon @ Leftovers (F)
    Impish
    *Taunt
    *Moonlight
    *Mean Look
    *Baton Pass
    Good id say but you might want to squeeze in dark pulse just incase its your last poke.

Charizard @ Charcoal/Wise Glasses/Wise Lense (M)
    Timid
    EVs: 252 sped, 252 special atk, 4 HP
    *Flamethrower
    *Air Slash
    *Dragon Pulse
    *Focus Blast
    Youll get walled by Dragon pokes if you dont have dragon pulse.Also youll feel more comfortably with Flamethrower rater than overheat.

Timid
    *Ice Beam
    *Shadow Ball
    *Thunderbolt
    *Destiny Bond
    Give it as MUCH speed as possible

Raichu @ Salac Berry (M)
    Adamant
    *Fake Out
    *Thunderpunch
    *Endure
    *Reversal
    Just think TP is better over Volt Tackle.Everything else good id say

Impish
    EVs: 252 hp, 252 defense, 6 Attack
    *Stealth Rock
    *EQ/Gyro Ball
    *Rapid Spin
    *Explosion
    It STILL fails if you get it a beneficial nature with sp.defense evs since its 4x weaks agains fire types.

Jolly
    *Crunch/Swords Dance
    *Earthquake
    *Outrage/Dragon Claw
    *Stone Edge
    It should have the max speed possible.A swords dance and your ready to go.Id Kind of prefer dragon claw over outrage.

Well i hope ve been a help.:)

scwizard

Starcraft Wizard
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    Froslass is timid now. I fixed that already.
    It used to be dragonpulse, but I found I never used it. I have tons of other answers to dragons. I had no answers to Swampert though.

I'll also fix the nature on foretress. I don't get what people have against it exploding though. It keeps killing stuff for me.

I guess you didn't notice stuff had choice scarf, that's the only reason you'd recommend swords dance.

@Unscarfing Charizard: Tons of stuff will stone edge it if it loses its scarf. Also people think they can outspeed it and they can't giving me nice kills :)

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    thePlaya...

Recommending charcoal = no. The 10% boost does very little, making all those items a waste. Also, what kind of idiot leaves forry in against fire types?

Heracross and electivire can give this team problems...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Scarf Revenge Killer Chomp is this

Garchomp@Choice Scarf
    Lonely Nature
    252 ATT / 224 SPEED / 36 DEF
    - Outrage
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

Just make sure you take out steel types and put a stop to focus Sash abusers with Stealth Rock and Spikes before you use Outrage, thats best left for late game sweep. Fire Blast is for Skarmory/Random steels etc.

It doesnt need max speed with Scarf it reaches 444 speed with 224 evs in speed which is enough.

Last edited:

scwizard

Starcraft Wizard
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    Heracross and electivire can give this team problems...
    Gah HOW???

If your going to say something like that regardless whether your right or not if you don't say why I have no idea what to do to fix these problems.

Why do those pokemon give me problems, why does sandstorm give me problems? That kind of advice is completely useless without the whys.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Gah HOW???

If your going to say something like that regardless whether your right or not if you don't say why I have no idea what to do to fix these problems.

Why do those pokemon give me problems, why does sandstorm give me problems? That kind of advice is completely useless without the whys.

It lets you know you have the problem. I can't tell you exactly how to fix it, it takes the fun out of the game. that's for you to decide.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    This is the kind of team that is completely destroyed by SkarmBliss, you have no Mixed Sweepers

Use at least one, it's always for the best

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    This is the kind of team that is completely destroyed by SkarmBliss, you have no Mixed Sweepers

Use at least one, it's always for the best

Not necessarily, as not all skarmbliss counters are mixed sweepers. Boah and Jirachi are examples. Jirachi lols at skarm with thunderbolt or fire punch and can outstall blissey with wish and power up with calm mind.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Not necessarily, as not all skarmbliss counters are mixed sweepers. Boah and Jirachi are examples. Jirachi lols at skarm with thunderbolt or fire punch and can outstall blissey with wish and power up with calm mind.

Isnt Boah mixed ??!! XD

Focus Punch, Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower, Dark Pulse/Crunch and Substitute = Mixed lol

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Fire Punch = Physical

Thunderbolt = Special

Ring a bell? =D

I play 3rd gen remember. Why would I use fire punch on skarm anyways? lol

I need to put that in all my posts, since all my references are to 3rd gen, as much as I try for that not to happen.

Back