• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Sea Mauville

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    I was really expecting an epic story after reading this thread but went back and looked around properly and was a bit underwhelmed reading the notes etc.
    It's not really meant to be epic. It's just a bunch of unique little stories that make you think. While the SS Cactus was cool, you didn't really learn anything about its crew at the end of the day and thus could be replaced by any stereotypical ghost ship that exists in fiction. With Sea Mauville, you feel like a detective trying to fit all the pieces together and figure out what the heck happened to the place and yet they still leave the answer vague enough, instead of spelling it out for you.

Years
    I loved the Sea Mauville stuff. I was expecting the abandoned ship that was never given a backstory or an explanation. The story of Sea Mauville established that Hoenn had environmental problems, which ties in with the expanded Team Aqua and Magma plot. It also gave Cozmo, who was originally some random one-off character, an entire backstory of his own that was actually quite depressing. It even gave insight into Watson's character; he was a man who cared deeply for clean energy, but was he overworking his employees and making them suffer? It really added so much to the game's world and characters for me. The games lately really seem to focus on fleshing out certain characters, if not giving just a little insight into who they are. Same for locations. There's intriguing places in some of the older games I would love to see be given the same treatment. We could learn so much more about about the Pokémon Mansion incident in Kanto with the direction the games have gone in, for example.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I actually found Sea Mauville's story pretty sad because of Prof. Cozmo father overworking himself there up to the point that his relationship with his wife got strained. The sadness even extended to Sea Mauville itself; the creed there stated that all workers should keep working unendingly, and that's just not right.

Years
    I remember how bland the Abandoned Ship was in the original versions, so to see it get heavily expanded in these games is definitely welcome. I managed to get a glimpse of how well-expanded it got when I was watching a YouTube video, and while it looks just as confusing, it's still got trainers to battle which is good for training.

Also, I have to say the backstory involving Cozmo is very emotional, as PlatinumDude mentioned above. Having to work constantly puts strain on a lot of people, because I know how much I suffer from overworking myself.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    The story in Sea Mauville truly fascinated me. It was sort of depressing as well. Honestly, it was more interesting than the Delta episode where they just throw a bunch of dialogue at you and have you run back and forth around places. This place provided a small puzzle, having to read backstories, and leaving you actually thinking about these characters.
    Was that Skitty an actual Skitty or just a doll in the end?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I really liked the way that they redid the Sea Mauville in ORAS. Finding all of the treasure at the end was pretty exciting, and so was finding Lugia in Alpha Sapphire, honestly I don't know what I expected; I found out on my own. :)

Honestly, I have no idea. It's pretty dark if it's a real Skitty but honestly, it kind of seemed like it was..

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I really liked the way that they redid the Sea Mauville in ORAS. Finding all of the treasure at the end was pretty exciting, and so was finding Lugia in Alpha Sapphire, honestly I don't know what I expected; I found out on my own. :)

Honestly, I have no idea. It's pretty dark if it's a real Skitty but honestly, it kind of seemed like it was..
    I think it's a doll based on what the one room filled with skitty accesories tells you.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I think it's a doll based on what the one room filled with skitty accesories tells you.
    Indeed, it's certainly a doll. (If it was a real one, it'd probably have died being locked in a room full of nuggets for years upon years, after all). In the letters to Cozmo's dad, he says he's sent a skitty doll to him, which is what he came back to retrieve.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Indeed, it's certainly a doll. (If it was a real one, it'd probably have died being locked in a room full of nuggets for years upon years, after all). In the letters to Cozmo's dad, he says he's sent a skitty doll to him, which is what he came back to retrieve.
    Ah ok, that's what i thought but again it's pokemon i would not have been surprised if it was real.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    It was amazing. Good story telling, and I love how it has a sinister feeling behind it with the Mauville Projects team abandoning it. It along with New Mauville and Mauville heights added a depth to the world Pokemon hasn't had for a long time. They're a background group, and from what we see they might be very shady(kicking out the tennant, leaving Wattson out in the cold for abandoning New Mauville, drug laced energy drinks to drive the workers further), and I really want to see just what Devon is really doing with all of their research. Probably gonna lead to nothing, but I like to dream. Also, is anyone else disappointed New Mauville wasn't as big, or bigger, then this?

Years
    I didn't get Spiritomb in Sea Mauville yet, but yikes, those are some dark stories. They might be relating to times of past where people worked massively and ended up with low wages, and the story with Professor Cozmo didn't help at all.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    The story in Sea Mauville truly fascinated me. It was sort of depressing as well. Honestly, it was more interesting than the Delta episode where they just throw a bunch of dialogue at you and have you run back and forth around places. This place provided a small puzzle, having to read backstories, and leaving you actually thinking about these characters.

I was wondering the same about the skitty :-)

The whole inside story was creepy and depressing as well as interesting. Kept thinking the game could take a dark turn any moment and go all creepypasta on me...eek

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Wh-what?! Where is the Lugia?! That's new to me. ._.
    SERIOUS SPOILERS AHEAD

I went there last week and just couldn't figure out what was 'watching me'. I thought some crazed dude was gunna jump out from under the bed tbh. Then this kid offered to trade with me while I read the key stone page, but we ended that shortly. THEN THIS FREAKING ROCK APPEARS BEHIND ME THANK YOU SPIRITOMB I NEEDED THAT. Well I accidentally killed him off but wanted a SPIRITOMB, as I've never had one(can you catch one in Diamond?) so I reset thinking i would just go back from the door where I last saved. Nope. Saved so I could trade with that kid. SPIRITOMB was there again. THANKS. But I caught her that time. :3

All in all what I explored there was a definite 10 in my book, and if I find Lugia it'll earn 11 stars. *_*

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I was disappointed that there weren't any wild Pokémon for me to catch at Sea Mauville (outside of Ho-oh and Spiritomb, which I'm still trying to find out how to summon it), but the backstory found in the shelves were pretty depressing, especially Cozmo's letters. Now I'm anticipating for upcoming creepypastas based on this lore.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    Sea Mauville is cool and all, but I really prefer the Abandoned Ship's mystery. I feel like Sea Mauville isn't really the Abandoned Ship, just a replacement for it. That said, I really enjoyed learning about the backstory and finding the storage room. Especially finding the Storage Room.

Back