• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News Sean Connery passed away

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The legendary actor Sir Thomas Sean Connery passed on to greener pastures on October 31st. He has starred in many memorable movies such as Dragonheart, Red October and seven James Bond movies. He lived a long life, and passed peacefully.

What is your favorite Connery appearance?

tidbit: did you know he was offered the role of Gandalf but turned it down?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    He was my Moms favorite actor of all time. Who knows what she would have said if she was still around and I told her.

Years
    Yes, I did know he was offered the role of Gandalf the Grey. I also heard that he was offered the role of Albus Dumbeldore in Harry Potter as another piece of film history trivia

I'm sad to hear of Mr. Connery's passing. He was a wonderful actor, and a very handsome man. He aged beautifully, and didn't look his 90 years. I am glad to he hear that he lived to ripe age, and certainly left behind a vault of film gems that immortalize him. I still can't help but wish he was still with us though. It's like losing a grandfather.

I know most film critics will remember Sean Connery from classics like James Bond, Indiana Jones, Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express, The Man Who Would be King and Alfred Hitchcock's films, but my favorite Sean Connery performance is actually a humble fantasy movie from the 90s called Dragonheart. His performance as the noble dragon Draco, last of his kind, always brings tears to my eyes. This was all achieved just through the many colors of his deep, wondrous voice just like James Earl Jones brought Darth Vader to life.

Now I feel the last of the dragons really is gone. Farewell Sean. You will be deeply missed. Take your place among the stars and constellations old friend.

Sean Connery passed away

Last edited:
    Back