• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Search Engines!

Years
  • Old topic died, so..

I'm sure we all use the major search engines that exist on the internet these days to find something that we may need, whether that'd be just to find a website on something you may be interested in, a website to discuss your interests you didn't know existed, or to do research for that paper due to your professor/teacher tomomrrow.

So my question is: What search engine do y'all prefer the most? Why do you prefer that search engine? How long have you been using said search engine, and were you using another search engine before that?

For me, it's Google all the way. I've just always liked the simplicity of Google's layout, even though it's been changing more rapidly in recent years, but at least I'm not distracted by things to the side irrelevant to my query, and it doesn't take quite long at all to perform a query. As for how long I've been using Google, I would say forever in a day, or in other words, since I've had access to the internet. I used to like Live Search (remember that?) as well, but when Microsoft ditched that for bing, that's what made me go all completely to Google.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Google... It is very fast(on chrome) it can give me suggestions in the dropdown bar that are relevant to what I usually browse (huehehe) and I like the little google themes they have on important dates.

I used to use Firefox until I got chrome back in 2011

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Google. Because I don't bother with the search engine in truth, just that the search results be efficient. I used Bing a few times, however, and I can't say it's really bad. But since Chrome supports Google a lot, well Google is really it.
    I've been using Google since I got on the Internet.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Been using Google since 2006 despite my parents and friends heavy reliance on yahoo search and bing is just meh.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Google. Bing annoyed me purely because I've only ever had to use it at school - they updated to Windows 7, and it's so bad. Half the time it tells you your software is ripped off (They just haven't activated it properly) and you can't change the default search engine to google - meaning I have to type in google's address whenever I want to use it. Petty, I know. But still, not going to stop me. As far as a search engine goes I'm not too fussed about Google's exception to the "don't be evil" motto - privacy. Keep my searches, just use the data to improve them, not check if I'm a terrorist :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Google, very occasionally bing when I use school computers. The people who install school pc's are utterly incompetent, and they install bootleg versions.

Most of the time I use bing to search for a google home page.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It's been a very long time since the last time I've used Google... I use Bing a lot these days compared to Google, that's for sure. I think my preferences started to change around 2009 or so.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Google is the way to go. Nobody says "go yahoo it" or "go bing it" lol

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Google has been my prefered search engine for so many years, its the one I trust the most - I tried Bing and Yahoo before it didn't work out for me, it just couldn't replace Google.

Years
  • There's more than one search engine?!

As with pretty much everyone on this thread, Google is the search engine for me. Bing or other search engines just don't have the simplicity of Google, which is one of the reasons I use Google so much.

Years
  • The day that Ask Jeeves went down was the day that I permanently switched over to Google. Chances are that what I'm looking for is one of the first few results shown to me on Google, so I've never seen the need to use any other search engine.

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • Google, gathers every information that I need.
    Easy and Simple to use, no matter what browser I use.
    I don't care about the design and etc. As long as it's useful.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've been using Yahoo for the last few years, but recently switched to Google. Yahoo was a good search engine, but Google provides you with more accurate and reliable results most of the time. I also love its simplicity, its instant search feature, and its super-fast loading speed. As for Bing, I guess it's an okay search engine, but I just don't like how Microsoft are trying to force us to use it. ):

Years
  • I am a member of the Church of Google
    Our Google which art in cyberspace,
    Hallowed be thy domain.
    Thy search to come,
    Thy results be done,
    On my computer as it is in the world wide web
    Give us this search our daily results.
    Forgive us our spam, as those that have
    spammed up against us.
    And lead us not into infected sites,
    But deliver us from Trojans.
    For thine search engine is the greatest,
    and the power,
    and the glory,
    For search after search.
    Amen
    so yeah I use Google

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Google, definitely. I never use any other search engine, honestly, and since I'm using Google Chrome then I'd feel guilty if I use Yahoo! on Google Chrome. :(

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Google. It's the fastest, most accurate and with Google Chrome as browser very easy to handle.
    I simply hate when I go somewhere where default search engine is bing, yahoo or some other crappy ones.

Back