• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Seasonal Changes

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I do like the season changes! And how the pokemon, maps, and palettes change. This makes so many different things on one route! It'll be a little hard though. But I do wish that they made more changes to some routes.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    I love the seasons. :D I didn't know about the end of the month thing, so I was like "WTF WHY IS IT SUMMER NOW" when today became summer, then later on I was like "Oh, d'oh! It's October". This is actually nice, because that means November will be fall, and December will be winter, which is purrrfect. But then, next year's April will be winter, loool! (in my JP Black, that is; when I get White in March, it will be spring, then summer in April, hah)

Oh, and I agree with Red Chain that a season per month is much better, even if it's not realistic. The time may be the same, but if it were 3 months, it would seem forever and you'd get sick of each season easily, not to mention you'd hardly see the changes because it'd occur every three months, so unless you spend something like six months playing the damn game, it will seem as if they never change because the season when your journey began is the same as the one when you, say, challenge the champion, and we know if Pokemon was real, no-one would become good enough to be a Pokemon champion in a matter of three mere months. XD

Anyways, I caught a Shikijika (male, careful, w/ Herbivore) and I'm currently enjoying his summer forme. He will evolve soon, so it's going to be nice seeing the trees on his horns change between now and December, hehehe. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Is it just me, or are the days longer in Summer now? Night used to begin at 8:00PM but at 8:55PM it was still evening and everything was orangey. Also, the night colours have become lighter than before.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Probably because the game has a feature to sense DST.

DST? What do you mean? I've been playing for several days in September and it always turned dark at 8:00PM. Today I had to wait till 9:00Pm for it to turn from evening to night.

Edit: lol sorry I thought you meant DS Time. :P I toggled with my DS' clock and it seems that if you set the DS time to a different time, Daylight Saving Time does not occur at all.. :o

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Day/night is affected by seasons and DST (in a way)? Awesome. :D

Ooh I remember when we could manually change time in G/S/C, due to DST... so I'm assuming that isn't occuring anymore? (As in seeing a certain season differently by changing the time of the day).

...dunno if that makes sense! :D;

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    Every game starts on Spring no matter the date as far as I'm informed. I don't know if changing the DS's date will have an influence.. I'm pretty sure it does. Also the Summer thing is because it's the 1st of October. At the first of every month the season changes to the next in-game. XD

I don't think that the's case. I started my game today and instead of beginning in Spring, it's Summer.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Day/night is affected by seasons and DST (in a way)? Awesome. :D

Ooh I remember when we could manually change time in G/S/C, due to DST... so I'm assuming that isn't occuring anymore? (As in seeing a certain season differently by changing the time of the day).

...dunno if that makes sense! :D;
    Yeah the seasons effect how how Long night and Day last...that means winter days are going to short and nights are going to be long :)

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
    I'm with Kerjo: Started my game today (2 October) and it was Summer, not Spring. I also remember reading somewhere that it was the month that determined the season, not how long you had been playing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I'm with Kerjo: Started my game today (2 October) and it was Summer, not Spring. I also remember reading somewhere that it was the month that determined the season, not how long you had been playing.

OOooohhh I guess that makes sense. You see if September is Spring that would mean January is Spring. And as everyone knows the beginning of the year is January. So I guess GF assigned the seasons starting from the 1st month of the year:

JAN SPRING
    FEB SUMMER
    MAR AUTUMN
    APR WINTER
    MAY SPRING
    JUNE SUMMER
    JULY AUTUMN
    AUG WINTER
    SEP SPRING
    OCT SUMMER
    NOV AUTUMN
    DEC WINTER

Also, the US release is going to be 28th May right? That would mean most of us would start our journeys during Spring in-game as well. Assuming you pre-ordered or bought within the last 3 days of May.

Years
    So I guess GF assigned the seasons starting from the 1st month of the year:

JAN SPRING
    FEB SUMMER
    MAR AUTUMN
    APR WINTER
    MAY SPRING
    JUNE SUMMER
    JULY AUTUMN
    AUG WINTER
    SEP SPRING
    OCT SUMMER
    NOV AUTUMN
    DEC WINTER

Also, the US release is going to be 28th May right? That would mean most of us would start our journeys during Spring in-game as well. Assuming you pre-ordered or bought within the last 3 days of May.

Hmm, I think that is how the seasons work out....

Years
    OOooohhh I guess that makes sense. You see if September is Spring that would mean January is Spring. And as everyone knows the beginning of the year is January. So I guess GF assigned the seasons starting from the 1st month of the year:

JAN SPRING
    FEB SUMMER
    MAR AUTUMN
    APR WINTER
    MAY SPRING
    JUNE SUMMER
    JULY AUTUMN
    AUG WINTER
    SEP SPRING
    OCT SUMMER
    NOV AUTUMN
    DEC WINTER

Wah May 28...but they usually release them in March, no why May :(?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Based on what I have read the season system is amazing. Also mineowyn can you provide a source for the US release date.

whoops! sorry I read the article wrongly. It was the press release that was on the 28th of May this year :P https://www.suite101.com/content/pokemon-black-and-white-versions-american-release-confirmed-a242335

But my money's betting on a May 2011 release, because there's no way US players are going to start their pokemon BW journey with the in-game season being anything other than Spring. I have a feeling GF would want to tie-in the anime with the game.

I'm loving Summer so far. Even though it's not very obvious, the colour palettes are brighter and lighter in Summer compared to Spring.

Years
    whoops! sorry I read the article wrongly. It was the press release that was on the 28th of May this year :P https://www.suite101.com/content/pokemon-black-and-white-versions-american-release-confirmed-a242335

But my money's betting on a May 2011 release, because there's no way US players are going to start their pokemon BW journey with the in-game season being anything other than Spring. I have a feeling GF would want to tie-in the anime with the game.

I'm loving Summer so far. Even though it's not very obvious, the colour palettes are brighter and lighter in Summer compared to Spring.
    Oh well I'm relieved...I sure hope it's March...only 5 months until they come out if it is a March release :)

Years
    I like the seasonal changes a lot, Summer is the coolest one to me.

But seriously how come other Grass Pokemon's bodies don't change due to weather? Maybe not enough space...

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years

JAN SPRING
    FEB SUMMER
    MAR AUTUMN
    APR WINTER
    MAY SPRING
    JUNE SUMMER
    JULY AUTUMN
    AUG WINTER
    SEP SPRING
    OCT SUMMER
    NOV AUTUMN
    DEC WINTER

Uh, who said it was May?

There have been no sources, not even ones that are usually fake that said that. It'll come out in March, like almost every other new Pokemon game.

Anyways, the seasons being assigned months is good. That way people are less willing to manipulate them.

Back