• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Seasonal Changes

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If any part of Hoenn is to have snow it'll be the "east" if the region is situated like real life Kyushu compared to the mainland (Honshu), as the 'east' is suppose to be North Kyushu. Also Evergrand city appears to be at a higher elevation than any other place, and if one knows anything about mountains it tends to snow in the really high elevations even in some tropical areas.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Oh no no no, I don't want seasons in Hoenn. In Hoenn, it is eternally the end of Spring, going into Summer (ETERNAL MAY)

What would be cooler than seasons though would be weather patterns. Maybe...a typhoon coming? Or an earthquake? There were already thunderstorms and lightning storms. I can see these things happening moreso than snow...

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I wouldn't mind a more in-depth weather dynamic. Hoenn is a tropical area, so seasons wouldn't have a major affect on the player (we can't feel the temperature after all!). So I imagine that seasons won't make a return. Snow in Hoenn doesn't suit how the region is built, people in Pacifidlog Town, Fortree City, and Lavaridge Town would basically have to abandon their homes or live a completely different life to previously. Remember that Hoenn is built around a Volcano, and a lot of water. It would be very strange if seasons were to be implemented, especially since the terrain would change way too drastically if it worked the same was as in the B&W games. However, when I spoke about a weather dynamic, I would like to see more harsh sunlight at times, monsoon kind of weather, and everything in between. So alternating weather would suit the games a lot more than seasons.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Snow in Hoenn doesn't suit how the region is built, people in Pacifidlog Town, Fortree City, and Lavaridge Town would basically have to abandon their homes or live a completely different life to previously.
    I doubt snow would even fall around where a volcano is situated? I'm not sure that's geographically possible. Fortree City and Pacifidlog would indeed be hindered, as if it's cold enough to snow, it's cold enough for some of the water to freeze, causing some issues for the latter residents.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I doubt snow would even fall around where a volcano is situated? I'm not sure that's geographically possible. Fortree City and Pacifidlog would indeed be hindered, as if it's cold enough to snow, it's cold enough for some of the water to freeze, causing some issues for the latter residents.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Also Villarrica being one of Chile's most active volcanoes, is perpetually affected by snow and glacier ice.

Without getting into geography too much, while the ground would be heated, it wouldn't affect the sky's atmosphere that much. So that'd be why snow can fall anywhere, even around active volcanoes. Either way, it would all look a bit ridiculous indeed, and not suit the tropical region that Hoenn is. Which is why I certainly think they should focus on weather changes like strong sunlight, rainforest type downpour, storms, and perhaps strong winds too.

Years
    Hoenn featured a lot of terrain changes, and so I agree that it would be confusing to implement the season system exactly how it appeared in Unova. However, if it were tweaked to fit the region, then it might be plausible. As others have stated, Hoenn is a tropical region, so most places wouldn't get snow. If Nintendo pays close attention to detail on things like that, it would be an awesome addition.

Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Also Villarrica being one of Chile's most active volcanoes, is perpetually affected by snow and glacier ice.

Without getting into geography too much, while the ground would be heated, it wouldn't affect the sky's atmosphere that much. So that'd be why snow can fall anywhere, even around active volcanoes. Either way, it would all look a bit ridiculous indeed, and not suit the tropical region that Hoenn is. Which is why I certainly think they should focus on weather changes like strong sunlight, rainforest type downpour, storms, and perhaps strong winds too.

Strong winds would be good, but would they have an affect during battle, eg making fly less accurate as the pokemon is being blown around as it tries to attack

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I don't see why Hoenn will have seasons if the gen.6 didn't have them, and like they said Hoeen is more tropical. But I do love the seasons in BW/B2W2!

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    I was thinking that there could be a little snow somewhere in Hoenn, but, then I remembered that there was no where for snow to fall, Mauville City was a guess, but, I was forgetting about Wally, how would he cope? Verdanturf Town is just a stone's throw away from Mauville, maybe there could be snow fall on certain routes.

Back