• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Season's Greason's

Years
  • It's like 10PM on Chrimuss from where I'm writing, but that won't stop me from finally introducing myself to you guys 😁

I'm Catastropika (maybe Tropika for short?), and I joined Pokécommunity primarily to contribute to the (dry, I mean, there seem to be only 2 RPs ongoing right now) roleplay-section as a GM this time around, something I've never done before.

The last time I RP-ed I was around 12-years-old and did so on a German forum for Harvest Moon fans LOL. So, experience GM-ing I do not have much of, or writing English in an RP period. Still, I hope I can provide some great ideas that people will have fun playing out and be a good GM in the meantime.

I hope to post my Interest Check in the next couple of days, I want to gauge how many people would actually want to RP such a thing and see if there are any improvements I could make to some mechanics I might have neglected. And who knows, maybe I'll want to participate in another user's RP in the future :-)

As for now, happy holidays 🥳

Last edited:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • Happy holidays my guy, hope you had a good time c:

It's always nice to see new faces headed for the roleplay section. Regarding the apparent dryness, I wouldn't worry too much about it. In my years of VIOLENTLY STALKING peacefully frequenting the roleplay section, I've noticed a bit of a downtime associated with the holidays, time and time again. Add to that the fact that some roleplays also move slower than the rest (which is by no means a bad thing).

It's been literal years since I last joined, let alone hosted a roleplay, but I still like to read some of the ongoing threads every once in a while, so I look forward to reading what you come up with ;) I hope your time in Pokécommunity is a pleasant one~

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there Tropika! I'm sure the RP community would LOVE to have some more enthusiastic GMs / players. It's a small but very committed group and I wish you the very best! Welcome to the forums!

Years
  • Happy holidays my guy, hope you had a good time c:

Ah, thanks man, it went as usual. 😁 We (meaning me and my current household) don't really celebrate anything, and my present I had already received many weeks ago in the form of currency on my bank account ;-) I did eat some good salmon though. Hope it was good for you as well. Thank you for welcoming me so warmly too, I already feared I made my introductory thread at such a bad time it was just gonna get lost in the ether, forever unanswered, lmao

When I first found this forum and the RP-section, I was excited about like all the different roleplays, the fact people could make one themselves, and the freedom in establishing your own rules, as that's not really how we or any RP I was active in back in the day used to do it. It's just that this kind of falls flat because of the unfortunate inactivity of a lot of these frankly very interesting RPs. I'll take your word for it though :-) The users roleplaying seem to be older on average and that tells me we just don't have the time to churn out posts anymore ... not that I have anything to do though 😗🎶

Thank you very much!

Hey there Tropika! I'm sure the RP community would LOVE to have some more enthusiastic GMs / players. It's a small but very committed group and I wish you the very best! Welcome to the forums!

Hi, thank you for your kind message :-) Hopefully I can bring something new to the RPer-table that people would be interested in with what I have planned 🤗

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome! The RPers here would quite enjoy another enthusiastic players. I don't partake myself but I do like to read and see what's happening! I look forward to seeing what you bring, enjoy your stay! :D

Years
  • Welcome! The RPers here would quite enjoy another enthusiastic players. I don't partake myself but I do like to read and see what's happening! I look forward to seeing what you bring, enjoy your stay! :D

Thank youuu :-) I guess now the pressure's really on 😳

Back