• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Sebbe's Toolbox for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2009
    will the starter editor be released or its released now or it will be never released??

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Actually, there is a multi-tool , but I guess gabe_c quit this project *whimper*
    Plus,it was a bad one, anyway.

Patjuh09

Total Drama Island Redux!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    Sheimi-Manafi just said that Gabe probably quit the project.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    If he is still working, yay to yous, but boo to me. My PMD project failed... once again.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • I hope you continue.
    This is the first md toolbox, And it would be great to see a few good md hacks.

It WILL be hard to make a map editor because only the friend areas, the rescue base, and Pokemon square aren't random, unless there are only a few different versions of each floor, and you can pick which one you use, freeing up a LOT of extra maps.

Also, there are a few unused dungeons that don't have any (known) way to use, like dojo registration and a few others...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I already made a PMD hack, it just failed. I have to thank gabe, though.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Quit calling me Gabe...

Anyway, I didn't quit...

So you wanna thank me for the tool, or for the hack failed?

All right, for the tool. The hack failed is my fault.

Anyway, why not call you gabe? The other is gone.

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
  • All right, for the tool. The hack failed is my fault.

Anyway, why not call you gabe? The other is gone.

The other one is still here, he changed his username to E-Bag, like how I changed mine from gamefreakfatty to Zanalicious. We still call E-Bag Gabe (or gabe_k) and still call me gamefreakfatty sometimes. Because we use the name Gabe for E-Bag/gabe_k we should still use the name Sebbe for sebbe17/Son Sebbe/Gabe_c.

Years
  • The other one is still here, he changed his username to E-Bag, like how I changed mine from gamefreakfatty to Zanalicious. We still call E-Bag Gabe (or gabe_k) and still call me gamefreakfatty sometimes. Because we use the name Gabe for E-Bag/gabe_k we should still use the name Sebbe for sebbe17/Son Sebbe/Gabe_c.
    Both Sebbe17 and Son Sebbe was names takken because I couldn't get sebastian or sebbe...
    Or we use real names, The only reason for not using your's, dear GFF, is that it sound to much like the sound this guy makes
    fedtmule.gif

No offend...
    Anyway, My name isn't Gabe, it was just a joke chaning... (Yep that's how my humor works)

WolfMaster

The Fire Manipulator Wolf
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2008
    I seem to have a problem when using this tool here. After i change those starters with legendary / evolved / not starter pokemon, i had no problem during and after the caterpie rescue, but the problem occurred at the scene where me and my partner pokemon were about do a pose(a 'yay' pose) after naming the rescue team. Everthing hanged =/

is there any way to fix this?

matt2cool

The Naruto/Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Fl
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    how do you hack like this? I mean how do you change your partner with out the tools also how do you make the tools?

Last edited:

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
  • how do you hack like this? I mean how do you change your partner with out the tools also how do you make the tools?

We search through the hex of the game with a hex editor. Really good hackers will actually disassemble the game and look through the ASM (assembly) code itself of the game and figure out how things work. Depending on the tool and/or the tool maker, the tools could be made from anything from Microsoft Visual Basic to ASM (if they really wanted to,) although I don't know if anyone has done anything complicated enough to use ASM. C++ would probably handle whatever needed just fine anyways. Some use C++ and ASM for their programs, such as PKSV by score_under.

If you want to do these things:
    1) Learn how to interpret data in hex.
    2) Learn Microsoft Visual Basic.

Microsoft Visual Basic is usually referred to as:
    Visual Basic (VB)
    Visual Basic 6 (VB6)
    Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET)
    Visual Basic 2005 (VB2005) (Express version too)
    Visual Basic 2008 (VB2008) (Express version too)

Visual Basic 2003 (VB2003) also exists, but is less common. Visual Basic 2003 does not have an Express version. Visual Studio (Microsoft's suite of programming utilities, such as compilers and components) 2003 was the first version of Visual Studio to utilize the .NET framework.

Visual Basic or VB can refer to any of the VB products. Visual Basic 6 is the last version of VB before .NET came into play. VB6 is probably the most commonly used version of VB, although VB.NET seems to be catching up rapidly. Visual Basic 2003, 2005, and 2008 are all versions of VB.NET. VB2003 was the first version of VB.NET to be released. VB2005 and VB2008 come in Express versions which are freely available as a download from Microsoft's website. As of November 2008, Visual Studio 2008 is Microsoft's most recent version of their programming suite.

In case you don't run Windows on your computer, I figure you should know that Visual Basic only runs on Windows.

Wow... that was probably a waste of time, but I had nothing better to do. I hope it answers your questions. :P

-gamefreakfatty / Zanalicious

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yeah, matt2cool, why'd you revive this old thread? Also, I doubt that this thread will ever live as Sebbe was banned.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    In case you don't run Windows on your computer, I figure you should know that Visual Basic only runs on Windows.

Partially true. Even if it's designed for Windows only, a friend of mine successfully got my tools running on Linux.
    He just had to install the VB6 runtime files.

I have to admit I never tried running the VB6 IDE through Wine though.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • I wonder how many people solely running Linux are interested in Hacking Pokémon games? Still maximum compatability is always good;)

Getting back on topic, maybe for at least until and significant development is made by Sebbe, this thread should be closed. *Nods at Mods* :D

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Yeah, good idea swampert22. Sebbe can contact one of the Rom Hacking mods if he wants this reopened.

Closed

Back