• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Second City Challenge

Hallylicious

アラン
Years
  • I went and talked to the girl next to the weird tree, battling trainers along along the way
    battled my way through to Whitney
    And defeated her with Gastly by using curse
    Defeated my rival and saw suicune and saved inside Mortys gym.

Spoiler:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    all right, small update here, I grinded sparky up to levl 8

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    I'll do this with my leafgreen
    i've already started and im only in viridian forest
    my pokemon will be: Squirtle, Pidgey, Pikachu, Mankey, Caterpie & Rattata

i have a question...on route 2 in LG theres a man willing to trade you mr mime for an Abra....would the mr mime count as a pokemon before the 2nd city even tho i can't catch Abra yet?

Last edited:

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    I'll do this with my leafgreen
    i've already started and im only in viridian forest
    my pokemon will be: Squirtle, Pidgey, Pikachu, Mankey, Caterpie & Rattata

i have a question...on route 2 in LG theres a man willing to trade you mr mime for an Abra....would the mr mime count as a pokemon before the 2nd city even tho i can't catch Abra yet?
    I asked that, the answer was no. You can't obtain hte Mr. Mime until after you leave Pewter

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    update:
    Beat first gym, grinding pokemon up a few levels to face rival (affectionately named Douche) and cerulean gym which will be a piece of cake with my pikachu

Jesse's Team

Second City Challenge

Larry/Wartortle
    lv. 16 (grinding to 20)
    Rash
    -Water Gun
    -Bubble
    -Tackle
    -Withdraw

Second City Challenge

Sasha/Pidgey
    Lv. 13 (grinding to 16)
    Hardy
    -Tackle
    -Sand-Attack
    -Gust
    -Quick Attack

Second City Challenge

Terry/Pikachu
    lv. 12 (grinding to 16)
    Lax
    -Thundershock
    -Quick Attack
    -Tail Whip
    -Thunder Wave

Second City Challenge

Wayne/Mankey
    lv. 10 (grinding to 14)
    Modest
    -Scratch
    -Leer
    -Low Kick

Second City Challenge

Jamal/Rattata
    lv. 6 (grinding to 10)
    Calm
    -Tackle
    -Tail whip

Second City Challenge

Lila/Caterpie
    lv. 5 (grinding to 10)
    Gentle
    -Tackle
    -String Shot

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    grinded my pokemon
    beat trainers on route 2
    grinded pokemon up
    Flutterfly evolved into Butterfree
    Outside Mt. Moon

Team
    Flutterfly-11
    Blazer-13
    Themessage-12
    Zeus-11
    Rocky-11

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    ]ok new update
    Grinded a little more
    fought through mt.moon
    Blazer evolved into Charmeleon
    Made it to Cerulean
    Beat nugget ridge
    did not join TR
    Team
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    update
    won 2nd gym
    made it to vermillion battled through st anne
    im overtraining for lt surge...itll be my hardest gym seeing as my 3 best pokemon are water flying and electric...then i have a normal bug and fighting so eh

Larry the Wartortle lv. 29
    Sasaha the Pidgeotto lv. 19
    Terry the Pikachu lv. 18
    Wayne the Mankey lv. 10
    Lila the Butterfree lv. 10
    Jamal the Rattata lv. 9

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • CHALLENGE COMPLETE.

I finished, but I didn't really feel like doing a huge update. I defeated Sabrina, Blaine, Giovanni, and cleared Victory Road. Took out the entire Elite Four easily, as well as the champ.

Screenshot proof:
    Spoiler:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Question!
    Can we catch pokemon after the second city as long as we don't use them? Cuz I'm thinking about starting this on FireRed soon and that's my actual cartridge so I want to be able to catch pretty much everything along the way and train them after I beat the challenge is that ok?

Regardless, I'll start this on Red, because I started normal playthrough and it just so happens that all I've caught so far is before the second city.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    alright new update
    grinded to fight misty
    lost to misty
    grinded more
    Themessage evolved into pidgeyotto
    met Bill
    fought misty again
    lost again
    grinded more
    beat misty for my second badge

TEAM:
    THEMESSAGE 20
    ROCKY 21
    BLAZER 20
    FLUTTERFLY 20
    ZEUS 20

went through the underground tunnel all the way to vermellion. I met green aboard the ship an beet him in a battle. I met the Caiptan and he gave me cut. I then fought Lt.Surge the Vermellion gym leader. I won, then headed toward Lavridge. I was blocked by a Snorlax though. I ended up having to g all the way back to Cerulean and a stopped to rest at the fron of the Rock Tunnel.

Team
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
  • I don't have any motivation at the moment for this, I got to Claire but the save file went back to Morty :(

I may continue it later on.

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • Question!
    Can we catch pokemon after the second city as long as we don't use them? Cuz I'm thinking about starting this on FireRed soon and that's my actual cartridge so I want to be able to catch pretty much everything along the way and train them after I beat the challenge is that ok?

Regardless, I'll start this on Red, because I started normal playthrough and it just so happens that all I've caught so far is before the second city.
    Yeah, that's fine.
    Regarding my own challenge on Emerald, it may be a while before I update or finish, as I just got HeartGold and finishing that's taking precedence right now.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    NEW UPDATE
    Went through the rock tunnel. It was hard without flash but potions came to use. Rocky did alot of leveling while in there. I made my way through and was in Lavender town. From there I took an underground tunnel to Celadon City. I made it to the gym, but decicded to take a little while to go grind. While grinding Rocky he evolved ito Primeape. He became way more powerfull and is a powerhouse on my team.

TEAM
    Blazer 26
    Zeus 26
    Themessage 26
    Rocky 28
    Flutterfly 27

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    I was originally going to do this on Platnium, but I'm changing to Fire Red.
    Planning to use Spearow, Rattata, Caterpie, Weedle, and Pikachu.

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    allright new update time.
    So, i won through the TR headquarters easilly. I did A bit more grinding and went off to saffron. I won to dojo tourney thing and got a Himonlee as a later HM slave. I went into the silph building and am trying to rescue the man there than fight sabrina

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Yay, someone posted! On to my first update.

-Started up, choosing the male character and calling him Jay
    -I realised I've hardly ever used squirtle, so I decided to keep that on my team
    -Defeated my rival with ease, then ran of to Viridion to get Oaks parcels, then getting my pokeballs
    -Caught rattata, decided to get mankey instead of pidgey/spearow
    -Trained them all up to lv10 before heading into he forest, training is so annoying without the running shoes =(
    -After getting my team up to lv 14 (I normally would train them a few more levels, just couldn't be bothered) and catching a pikachu and caterpie, I went onto Pewter city.
    -Defeat Brock with ease, now for the running shoes!
    -Now that I could actually move around without dying of boredom, I trained my team up to lv 18 before going to Mount Moon
    -Aced it, choosing the dome fossil
    -Went to Cerulean and grinded my team up to level 21, then I battled my rival and completed nugget bridge.
    -Helped Bill and thats all!

Team:
    Tyro-Wartortle (M)
    Nikora-Raticate (F)
    Pwaro-Mankey (M)
    Naku-Pikachu (M)
    Lukara-Butterfree (F)

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i lost this thread for while, but completed the challenge today. My team for the E4 was
    Charizard 61
    Primeape 60
    Butterfree 60
    Pidgeot 59
    Raichu 59

I started off against Lorelel well after one hit koing her Dewgong with primape. Cloyster went down after a lucky crit. Slowbro came in so i went with butterfree, two giga drains did the trick. Jynx was a onr hit KO for charizard. Lapras went down to Butterfree.
    I healed, and fought Bruno
    Onix took a couple hits from primeape, while the Hitmon's went down to Pidgeot. His second onix was a easy as the first. Machamp gave problems, knocking out Pidgeot, but fell to butterfree.
    Healed, Agatha Time!
    This battle was really easy, Pidgeot and Butterfree OH Koed everyone but her third Gengar. WHo went down easy.
    Time for Lance
    Gyarados ave me some problems, but not enough to throw me off. The two dragonairs were easy with some Dragon Rage. Aerodactyl wasnt to easy, but was still manageable. Dragonite gave me trouble, but reving helped alot.
    Now...for champion Gary
    Pidgeot and Charizard battled it out, Charizrd took victory. Alakazam was hard, just as he always was. But he fell to Raichu that had barley been used till now. Rhydon was taken out by Primeape. Exegutor was an easy drop for Charizard. Arcaninegave trounle, but Raichu took him down. Then Blastoise, who went down to Raichu's thunder. I had done, won the game

CHALLENGE CLEAR

Back