• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Secret base poll

How often do you use your secret base?

• Fairly Often

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Not very often

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Never

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinta77

How often do you use your secret base? (either R/S/E or D/P)

Also, if you could have any poke doll whether it exists or not, what would it be?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't use the Secret Bases in RSE as much as I used to. Since my Ruby and Sapphire's batteries are both dead, I can't get the sales for the items you need to access parts of the bigger bases. I sometimes still do it in Emerald. And I never bothered with them in DPPt. They were so nuked from how RSE had them. It was depressing.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In either game, I didn't use my secret base much, but I did come back and redecorate them from time to time.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I used before I gave my copy of Ruby to my Daughter to play. I'll ask her if she has a base and does she use it.

1. Yes she has one
    2. No she forgot where it was

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    When I played either version I was in my base non-stop. If I got extra decorations or anything like that I immediately went back to see if I could place it.

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2022
    I never use them, except if I'm playing with a friend in the Underground (where you kinda need one). If I ever need to hang out somewhere, it's usually the Pokemon Center.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Let's see... In my most recent playthrough of Pokemon Emerald...

I didn't even use the Secret Base once. :'D

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • I had this awesome secret base in ruby. Now that ruby is with my friend who is living in florida. I shouldnt have forgot it :( Anyway, i went in that thing all the time. Same with diamond. I would always steal my sisters flag and she didnt even know what i was doing. Aaaand shes on the site so shes probably gonna see this. If I could have any pokedoll, you guys all know what it would be. Sandshrew of course!

Years
  • I thought that Secret Bases were a pretty cool idea, even if I didn't use them all that often. I remember a few times on my Sapphire that I would buy a bunch of the musical note mats and when I arranged them a certain way it would play part of a song.

I didn't really use them in the 4th gen games at all, as the only time I ever bothered to go to the Underground was if I needed an elemental stone or something.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • I used mine all the time in R/S/E just as a place to hide and relax and pull out the interior decorator in me. That was a lot of fun, even for a short time. I still do it when I play and like to get the best base possible.

In D/P, I never used it because I would have had to go underground and turn on my communications (thus draining the battery), plus those stupid rocks were everywhere and it made it hard to decorate. They basically killed the charm it had. And coming into this thread, I completely forgot about the existence of Secret Bases in D/P/P... :-X

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Used my base faily often on my previous run in Emerald near the Shoal Cave. Saw it as a place to just get away from everything tbh lol.

Pinta77

Haha aw, I'm sorry. I hope your daughter finds her secret base one day :P

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I used my base 24/7. I was always changing it up and getting new stuff for it. The special Lilycove rooftop sales made it even more fun with the tvs, etc. I liked the local play in dppt but the rocks did make it into more of a chore.

If they get back, I hope there are many different ways to obtain decorations; spot pass/streetpass and dlc would be great ways to get stuff. Even the volcanic ash guy was a creative way.

Back