• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Secret Base selection

Years
    I'm about to make my Secret base but I can't decide where. I'm looking for a place near several berry patches so I can farm them and preferably without the need to use an HM to get to but surf is the most bearable since my main party has a surfer. Any advice on where to look?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    ther is a tree in a little island place just south of the Mauville end of the bike road. U just surf there, it has a sign saying team aqua/magma rule. ther is some soft loomy soil just north of that

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I personally use the base west of lilycove, it's near the regi around there, the one with the 4 places you can plant berries with the pond there, it's a grass base. I love the view XD

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    the north of rustboro north north north north north no...not where the meteor falls is
    there you can find a berry patch and the tm01 and someone who register you in pokenav

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    I put my secret base in the tree at the south end of the "river" near the weather research place. It's really big, but you can't walk everywhere if you don't have some solid boards from the Lilycove clearout sales. :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I like to put mine in the grass on the northwest corner of rt.119, the one that requires Surf, Waterfall, and excessive use of the Acro Bike to get to. There are some berry patches over the ledge just south of it.

Lapras1016

Water Poképhilic PKMN Master
    Years
    I know a good number of Bases where there are Berry patches nearby.

I like to use the bushes in Route 120, the one with the capital "I" layout (see your game booklet, :P). But since there are no Berry patches there, a good Base could be the tree in Route 114, when you surf west and there's a little island with the tree. To the right, by Lanette's house, are three Berry patches. I like to use this Base too, since it's big and you don't need the Boards (I don't think Emerald offers Clear-out Sales...).

But I personally plant all my Berries in the Berry Master's Garden, so if you like, check the tree in Route 118. You do have to get past Wild Pokemon, though...

Try the tree in Route 111, where the boy gives you the TM43. Go left to the upper exit of Fiery Path and there are some Berry patches. There are also some to the north, just before you go to Route 113. You do have to cope with the small Base, though... :P

Back