• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Secret Bases

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • My old thread - with the better title - died out, so I'm reviving it here. Describe any secret bases you have/had. Gogogo!

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Well......at first, I thought the concept of a "secret base" was really cool, so I tried to make mine really unique.......And it ended up being an "every-day experience house" for my friends.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    They were the best thing about the third generation games. Legit. The mats, the dolls, the plants, the posters, cushions, tables, etc etc. It was all amazing. It was like, a cute little safe haven from all of the hustle and bustle of the main game. It was even better when the Lilycove Dept Store would have the huge discount on all of those rare decorations. <3
    Then you could buy a plank to get over those long holes in some bases and get an even BIGGER Secret base.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Then you could buy a plank to get over those long holes in some bases and get an even BIGGER Secret base.

Wait......wha?!! I did not know that......I always complained that my base was so small......

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • And before that, my Secret Base thread died. :'( Why don't you love this section, guys?!

Anyway, Secret Bases were awesome. I would go out of the way to get a base somewhere that not many people could find or access. And I liked to decorate with lots of plushies and weird objects, like the music tiles and mub bombs. Fun stuff. :)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    My secret base was around Fortree somewhere, with the virtually square room, but it was divided into two parts and was separated by a wall. I had a lot of plushies--and also mats, because I couldn't get them dirty or whatever--which were mainly from the battle frontier, since they had the large plushies. I liked the large plushies the best.

I actually tried to make it like a second home, so I had a few tables around with a poster or two. I never cared for the weird mat thingys, except for the bouncing ones because I always walked over them whenever I was bored.

Years
  • From what I recall, my base usually ended up at the indent right next to one of the waterfalls on Route 119. The one that you can see on the bridge leaving the weather center?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • One of the few things that R/S/E got right. Mine was in the big tree on the tiny island on whatever the cycling road route was. I remember I had the metallic-style furniture, several of the flowering plants, Meowth and Torchic dolls, and one of the tents in there. Don't recall much else about it.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I really loved building secret bases in my Hoenn games. I used to get really carried away with the intractable items like the music note tiles or the balloons. It was too bad my Ruby's battery ran dry before I could go buy things from the department store sale but I least I managed to in Emerald. I also loved how you could mix records and visit other people's secret bases. It was great for training.

Years
  • I remember having a really awesome base, I think somewhere by Fortree City. I had so many decorations and such. Miss it.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
    Years
  • Untitledpngsecretbaselocation.png

At the very south of Route 20. I loved the lakefront view and convienently located berry patch. I had all sorts of mats and dolls, and I had the tent and the slide and it was awesome. That was one thing I missed that they took out of Gen 4 and 5. They still had the underground, but I didn't have any friends to get rid of those rocks that were in the way.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    I absolutely LOVED the concept of secret bases and wished they'd carried it over into all the other games :( Exploring all the different locations until I found a place for a base and base interior I liked best, collecting decorations and decorating it. I think I miss that the most in all the newer games and it's what made R/S such a special and unique Pokemon game to me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    I remember my secret base was in one of those huge shrubs. I spent ages designing it. I used the slides, walkways, statues etc to make my base like a Mini-Gym. You had to go through a miniature maze in order to get to my character.

I liked how I designed it, but my friend got annoyed really quickly when he got through the whole thing, battled me, lost, and then had to make his way through again for a second chance, lol.

Back