• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Secret Project: Operation Superstar

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
  • Not even a list of features, just stuff saying about how "great" your graphics are.
    What SP:OS will feature:
    • A side-view battle system!
    • An great, colourful art style!
    • Huge, atmospheric landscapes!
    • An interesting, innovative story!
    • A set of almost 100 new Pokémon!
    • Intricate weather system!

oh
    i forgot all of those things are just saying how great the graphics are.

I suppose around here having goals is wrong, too? We can't prove "how great this game is" because it doesn't exist.

We made this thread for feedback on the feature list, graphics as we produce them and coming plot, which we're fine-tuning at the moment.
    If that's too difficult for you guys, I don't even know.

Insane85

Bored
    Years
  • I quite like the look of it so far, what little there is. I like the battle system, and think this could turn out as a good game.

Years
  • oh
    i forgot all of those things are just saying how great the graphics are.

I suppose around here having goals is wrong, too? We can't prove "how great this game is" because it doesn't exist.

We made this thread for feedback on the feature list, graphics as we produce them and coming plot, which we're fine-tuning at the moment.
    If that's too difficult for you guys, I don't even know.
    What you're saying and what you're doing are two entirely different things. If you wanted feedback on your ideas, you should've just posted a clear mock-up of the battle system saying "This is what we want it to look like", not some teaser to something that, by your own admission, isn't coded or even finished designing yet. At least, that's how I see it, and that's probably why there's some friction. I don't doubt that you and your team have the talent to pull these things off, but prove it by posting actual progress. If you take a look at my thread for August, you'll see we've got a list of plans, but only post pictures of things we've actually made. I just get the sense you're not doing yourself justice by passing off (deliberately or otherwise) mockups as screenshots. That's all. Anyway, good luck! I'll keep an eye out for updates :D

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Thankyou for being so civil. :)

But the reason it's still silhouetted is because it's not quite finished yet.

I'm putting the finishing touches on it at the moment but there are a few difficulties I need to get past.

POKéMON BATTLE!
    Selecting your move:
    Side-ViewMockup1.png
    Side-ViewMockup2.png

Choosing your attack:
    Side-ViewMockup3.png
    Side-ViewMockup4.png

Side-ViewMockup5.png
    Side-ViewMockup6.png

Attacking:
    Side-ViewMockup7.png
    Side-ViewMockup8.png

Side-ViewMockup9.png

NOT FINAL: Attack effects, Background, Pokémon sprites.
    Credit: Graphics: Ravecat, Blastoise: Kay3o, Charizard: Joshr.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Sorry, Not liking the battle system... The pokemons aren't even facing each other, looks more like a play and we are the audience...

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • The reason they aren't facing each other is because the Charizard is in a different style, namely Joshr's custom Pokémon style.
    When we make our own Pokémon (like the Blastoise, but that's old and will likely be replaced), they'll be facing each other.
    Like I said, W.I.P.

Also, I take it you've never played Paper Mario, etc.?

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    The reason they aren't facing each other is because the Charizard is in a different style, namely Joshr's custom Pokémon style.
    When we make our own Pokémon (like the Blastoise, but that's old and will likely be replaced), they'll be facing each other.
    Like I said, W.I.P.

Also, I take it you've never played Paper Mario, etc.?
    Paper Mario is different, its a classic. Still have my N64 with Paper Mario... They are different because the pokemons are just standing there, in Paper Mario, they actually move and stuff

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • This is also made by a small group of guys with extremely limited time as opposed to a whole Nintendo dev-team,

your point? I did my best to address the issues we can fix, but you're not really helping by saying you don't like it or it's bad.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Ugh, I hate pretentiousness.
    For someone who contributes nothing to PC besides flaming and arrogance, you sure seem to think you're better than everyone else.

Anyway, like I said, I've addressed your issue about Pokemon not facing each other and said we'd fix it.

If you have nothing else of importance to say you are not needed here.

Spoiler:

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Ugh, I hate pretentiousness.
    For someone who contributes nothing to PC besides flaming and arrogance, you sure seem to think you're better than everyone else.

Anyway, like I said, I've addressed your issue about Pokemon not facing each other and said we'd fix it.

If you have nothing else of importance to say you are not needed here.

Spoiler:
    1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
    6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Scripture? Aren't you a clever one.
    Well, you like to pretend, anyway.

You are simply spamming and instigating trouble now; leave the thread.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Scripture? Aren't you a clever one.
    Well, you like to pretend, anyway.

You are simply spamming and instigating trouble now; leave the thread.
    Hey, no way man, I made a legitimate response, I don't see how my response differs from anyone else's except for the fact that I wasn't stroking shaft about your game, I was pointing out the legitimate flaws of your game... You are probably one of the guys just 1 starring my threads too, read my sig

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • No, I'm not. That's a baseless assumption.
    I don't follow people around starting trouble.
    Although I do defend causes I believe in, so thanks for the reference to the quote in your sig. :3

Saying you don't like something as a whole (i.e. the entire battle system) is not "pointing out legitimate flaws".

The one thing you were right on was the Pokémon not facing each other, which -and this is now the third time I'm saying this- will be fixed because we agree it looks bad.

The rest of this thread has been you posting mediocre quotes that are barely relevant because you feel like pretending to be of some intelligence.

I've reported your post, leave the thread.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    No, I'm not. That's a baseless assumption.
    I don't follow people around starting trouble.
    Although I do defend causes I believe in, so thanks for the reference to the quote in your sig. :3

Saying you don't like something as a whole (i.e. the entire battle system) is not "pointing out legitimate flaws".

The one thing you were right on was the Pokémon not facing each other, which -and this is now the third time I'm saying this- will be fixed because we agree it looks bad.

The rest of this thread has been you posting mediocre quotes that are barely relevant because you feel like pretending to be of some intelligence.

I've reported your post, leave the thread.
    :tired:Those are legitimate quotes... The first quote means STFU and listen, you made this thread to get responses from people? Well yes I gave you a legitimate response on your battle system, looks tacky. "For someone who contributes nothing to PC besides flaming and arrogance, you sure seem to think you're better than everyone else." I see how that is not starting trouble, "you're not really helping by saying you don't like it or it's bad." sounds very trouble stirring too. Now I will leave this thread and never come back

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Good.
    God, I hate children.

~

So anybody else have some interesting criticisms for the mockups?
    Hopefully not as interesting as that failure's attempts. :P

Oh and by the way the backgrounds will be done with overworld tiles, similar to other RPGs such as Mario & Luigi. Like/Dislike this idea?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    I have to say, the screen looks nice! I like how it looks. That's what I wish to see. Something different from ordinary Pokemon game. The problem is the sprite, you're making custom sprite right? I think it took ages to complete all 493 pokemon.

But anyway, good luck~ I really like the idea.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Wow, thankyou. :)

It will, but to start we're only going to sprite the custom Pokémon and a few select old ones, such as Blastoise here.
    Once the game's finished, we might work on spriting and adding the other 493 Pokémon.

Changed it up a tiny bit:
    Side-ViewMockup.png

Suggestions? Especially for the XP bar. I don't know if it looks any good there.

Back