• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Secrets of legendaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

President Showaddywaddy

Eevee Trainer
Years
  • The saga, begins

Jack was sitting at the bus stop in New Bark Town. Since the new road was built between his town and Pallet, there was now a bus service between them. The bus stop had a computer screen, displaying the times of the next buses, and also delays and accidents. Jack was ready to catch the earliest bus to Pallet, the 8:40am. Jack reminisced in his head about what had happened a few minutes ago at home. His parents were both quite tearful about him leaving, but were happy that he was doing what he wanted. He remembered what his brother had said to him as he left.
    "Remember; Think lucky!" Jack was thinking lucky, as he stared at the screen.

Suddenly a new message flashed across the screen. Jack looked at it, and his mouth fell open. It read;

"Due to unforeseen workforce issues, we are unable to provide service until October 29th, we apologise for this inconvenience."

Inconvenience, Jack thought, you may as well chop off my leg. Bloody strikes! Strikes were common in the Johto public services, but they only lasted a few hours usually, not a week and a bit. Jack had no other way of getting to Pallet. His parents couldn't drive, and bus fare wouldn't cover taxi rates. He would have to walk. Jack began to make his way to Kanto.

After several hours, Jack could finally see Professor Oak's lab. He had tried to thumb a lift on the way, but his only reply was the V's. Jack opened the door, and expected to see Professor Oak, working away madly at some new device, with maybe an assistant, but he didn't. What he actually saw was a ticket dispensing machine next to a door, with a sign saying "enter after taking ticket" on the wall above it. Jack took a ticket, wondering what it was for, and saw another sign next to the machine, saying;

"Due to increased trainer traffic, we have reverted to an Argos system for the moment,
    Professor Oak"

Every trainer in Kanto and Johto now had to go to Professor Oak's lab. Elm, the professor of New Bark, was currently on Dialysis with Kidney failure. A donor had been found, and the operation was happening any day now, but his lab was closed while he was away. Professor Oak had agreed to take the starter pokemon and starter trainers from both regions. This now meant that Jack had a lot more choice over his pokemon, but also meant more trainers could get them first.

Jack entered the room, and a strange sight greeted him. It was like a waiting room. There were chairs in rows and a lot of people were sitting in them, there was another door, on the wall opposite the one Jack had come through. Above it was a digital screen with a number three on it. As he stood in the doorway, Jack saw the number on the change to a four, and a cool female voice said, "Trainer number four please." A boy of Jack's height stood up and made his way to the door, just as another boy, this one tiny, left. Now Jack understood what they had meant by 'Argos'.

Jack looked at the number on his card. Twenty three. He was going to be there a while, and he sat down dejectedly.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • OOC: I meant that if you have a pokemon that doesn't change very much in the roleplay it doesnt look like your character as a trainer doesn't change very much. Anyway what I would recommend is catching the pokemon of your choice. Since it has more plot to it.

IC:

One thing Adrian had learned was that fire damage wasn't very effective to rock pokemon. Larvatar shrugged it off quickly. "Larvatar bite attack." Adrian took his pokedex out and quickly looked up Larvatar and his other attacks. Then once he saw one he looked fairly pleased with himself.

"Larvatar jump into the air and bite him." Adrian had an idea. But he didn't know if it would work. The only good thing was he wasn't facing a water pokemon. Adrian looked at his watch again. The time now read 12:30 PM. "Well time flies when your having fun." Adrian knew that if he wanted to get to Viridian before night fall they only had another half hour to battle. Or else they would be overcome by night pokemon. The stronger nocturnal pokemon that Adrian heard about. But would probably seem like a good idea to catch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Mei hurried home, happy on her way. She slowed down as she approached the house. There was a strange silence. Kolink looked anxious at her as if he wondered if something was wrong. Mei walked to the door and into her house.
    "Dad . . ." Was it not for her little friend, she would have felt much alone in this situation. Her mother must have returned. "Mum!" No one said anything back. "Maybe they went out, Kolink."
    They headed outdoors again and she realised that the sky had begun to turn dark. She had to find her parents before night came. She felt that something was wrong and that she had been involved in something she did not want to. The best thing she could do now was to go to the next town closest to here, since she knew some people over there.
    So she and Kolink left the small town and followed the road toward the neighbour town.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Larvatar landed on Ringo biting him on the hump and held on tight. Ringo squealed in pain and began running in circles chaotically and wide eyed. Fen slapped his forehead and sighed as he watched Ringo run in circles. He calmed down and did what he did best. He closed his eyes and thought to himself for a moment. His eyes snapped open and he looked at his pokedex and Numel move description.

"Thats it!" Fen thought to himself. "Now, Ringo! fill his mouth with an Ember attack!"

Ringo skidded to a stop and began shooting an ember straight into Larvatar's mouth. Larvatar was tossed off by the hot coals shooting from Ringo's hump into Larvatar's mouth.

"Now Ringo, Magnitude when he lands on the ground!"

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • OOC: Magnitude at that level? Can Numel learn magnitude? Since I used its evo and thats when it got magnitude

Anyway it doesnt matter. Since I really need to start the first chapter before the next page.

IC:

Adrian thought fast. Then it came to him. Larvatar immediatly spun in the air to land on his feet. "Larvatar quickly use rock smash on the ground." Larvatar smashed the ground around him. leaving a small crater in the earth."

Suddenly Professor Oak came running out of the lab. "Please if your going to fight don't do it on my front lawn." Adrian shrugged. "Okay fine." Adrian quickly returned Larvatar. "Well that was fun." Adrian never did battle with a rock pokemon before. It was a revolutionary experience. "Well anyone going to Viridian or not?"

Adrian looked at his watch again. It now read 12:49. Close one he thought to himself slowly. "Yo Fen." He called to Fen from across the lawn. "You heading to Viridian?"

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    OOC: Numel learns Magnitude at lv11 believe it or not lol sorry if that was a bit over leveled.. i just picked the first 4 attacks i saw XD

IC:

Fen calls Ringo back to the pokeball and clips it on his belt loop. He looks up at Adrian across the lawn.

"ya, i'm headed to Viridian, if you don't mind a traveling companion?" Fen said to Adrian as he waited for him to walk closer. Fen began walking alongside Adrian and started friendly conversation. "looks like we got similar types for our starters, since Numel is a Fire and Ground type and Larvatar is a Rock and Ground type... we should think up some combinations sometime, you seem like a pretty solid battler, maybe we can team up on some battles"

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • OOC: It does? Wow you really do learn something new every day. Anyway to all the other people if you want to follow our characters meet them at the Pallet gate

IC:

"Allright then." Adrian said. "How about we meet at the Pallet gate in twenty minutes. We obviously have things to wrap up here." Adrian was hiding the fact that he forgot to pack before he left.

20 minutes later

Adrian was packing up at his house. He decided to actually take a backpack this time. So after fumbling around he found an old one strap backpack that he swung around his waist. Larvatar looked at him strangely when he was doing this. After he did this he quickly hooked his pokedex to his belt using an old hook he found. Then he set out

The morning air had died down. It was afternoon now. Adrian knew he had to make it to the Pallet gate which divided Pallet town from Route 1. Once he made it there he began leaning on one of the gate posts. "Well now I just need to wait." Adrian was hoping he had not just ditched him and continued on without him.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fen had already packed everything he needed for the adventure in his messenger bag which was hanging loosely around his neck. He decided went to the gate of Pallete and waited for Adrian to get his things together.

"He forgot to pack his supplies? what kind of trainer am i traveling with?" Fen said to himself. "oh well, he seems like a strong battler at least."

Fen let Ringo out of his pokeball. Ringo looked at him somewhat confused then rubbed against him and nuzzled close and began to take a nap again. Ringo and Fen had become quick friends already. Ringo's lazy personality led to Fen growing more and more fond of it. Fen could see the similarities his dad saw between him and the Numel and chuckled to himself.

"Dad always did have a good sense of humor..." Fen laughed out loud. He looked up and saw Adrian leaning against the gate post. "When did he get there?" Fen wondered. He walked over to greet Adrian once again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Mei was on her way out of town. Kolink walked beside her and looked around, not very familiar with the world outside the laboratory. She hoped they woud meet more Pokemon. She also had some Monster Balls with her, would there be a moment to catch one.
    When she reached the gate she saw a boy standing there, as if he was waiting for someone. Kolink carefully approached him to nose. The Pokemon did not seem to be very afraid of other humans. Mei tried to call her friend back to her.

Netta

Hikari Ko
    Years
  • Zana was getting hounded by her parents as she stood there at the door listening to both mother and father talk about safety tips and how to treat pokemon and how to capture pokemon and how to manage money as well as how to start a fire and cook food and always stay at the pokemon center when in towns and cities. This went on for almost hours as Zana growled.

"Mother, Father, I have to go now you're holding me up!" she stated as she turned to walk out.

However, she was caught off guard when she felt a heavy weight land on her backpack as she fell flat on her front on the floor as Zana only growled angrily.

"Markjus!" she yelled as her brother laughed and hugged his sister hard.

"Don't worry sissy, you will be great and I'll miss you. Bye now." he stated as he jumped off and ran away as Zana jumped up and turned to run after him only to be stopped by her father.

"Now Zana, you need to be going." he stated as Zana sighed in annoyance.

She turned to walk out the door and left her house. As she started down the road she couldn't help but think about how her parents fuss over her like she was a baby just born. But the thing she wanted to show them was that she wasn't a baby. She was old enough to be a young lady and will prove it by traveling on an adventure and hopefully to finally get all her favorite pokemon types.

As she reached the hill that led outside the town, Zana turned to look at her house. She gave a light smile and sighed. "Just you wait, I'm going to make something of myself and show you all that I am not your baby." she said to herself as she turned to walk down the hill.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    "Hey Adrian, you ready to head for Viridian?" Fen asked Adrian as him and Ringo approached.

Fen looked down at the ground to see a little Shinx attempting to play with Ringo. He looked up to see a young girl chasing after it calling its name.

"Hello, my names Fen... does this Shinx belong to you?" Fen asked the girl while watching it attempt to play with Ringo as Ringo continually rolled over trying to nap some more

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    "Yes, I'm sorry." Kolink ran back to her, making a mewing sound. "We're on our way to Tokiwa City, so we won't be any trouble for you." Her little friend seemed eager to go on. The electric Pokemon wished to see the great nature that lay beyond. Mei thought that she had to hurry if she wanted to get to the neighbour town before it became too dark. She did not want to be attacked by a Golbat or something on her way.

President Showaddywaddy

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • All pokemon big and small…

As Jack sat on the seat, he watched all the new trainers file out of the building. Most had their pokemon in their poke balls when they went through the waiting area. Some said they would leave their pokemon out of the balls, but put them in once Oak had his back turned. And a few, only two or three, left their pokemon out completely. One such trainer was a boy called Tony.

Jack had been talking to him before he went to choose his pokemon, and thought that he wasn't a particularly nice person. He always wanted his own way, and wouldn't let Jack have an opinion different from his own. Then his number was called, and he melted into the mysterious world behind the door. About five minutes later, he reappeared, with a Charmander, who seemed to have the same opinion of him as Jack.

Tony started to walk away from the door, but his new pokemon wouldn't follow. Charmander locked his claws around the door frame and stared at Tony forlornly.
    "Come on Charmander. We're going now," he said, agitated. Charmander shook his head, and gripped the frame tighter. A few people in the room looked around to see what the commotion was, but looked back almost instantly.
    "Come here Charmander. NOW!" Tony shouted. This time everyone looked at the pair. Charmander looked terrified, seeming to forget that he had the power of fire.
    "YOU'RE COMING WITH ME, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!" Tony bellowed, and he strode across the room to the door. He grabbed Charmander's hind legs and began to try and pull him away. Oak approached with caution.
    "Tony, you shouldn't do that. If Charmander doesn't want to go, he doesn't want to go," Oak pleaded with the deranged boy, but it was no use.
    "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE WANTS, IT'S WHAT I WANT! TRAINERS ARE TOO SOFT THESE DAYS, POKEMON SHOULD KNOW WHO'S BOSS. I-" but he didn't get to finish his lecture. Charmander regained his power, and sent a jet of flame at Tony's head. His skin was singed and his hair on fire. Oak phoned for an ambulance.

When it arrived, one of the men asked who did it, as they were going to drop them off to be 'processed'. Oak didn't want to let Charmander go, but he had violated pokemon rule no. 1: "Pokemon must never attack their trainers. All those that violate this must be isolated until deemed fit to re-enter society."

Sometimes the pokemon would be terminated without thought. But if Oak didn't hand Charmander over, he'd be prosecuted instead. Reluctantly, Oak gave them Charmander, but not without telling them what happened.
    "So it's this idiot's fault," said the ambulance driver, "that changes everything," and the ambulance sped off without another word. Oak ushered the waiting trainers back inside, saying, "don't worry, Charmander'll be alright."
    "What about Tony?" enquired a small but mature looking girl.
    "Is anyone particularly bothered?" he replied. It was obvious that he hated children like Tony. No one answered.

Jack re-took his place in the waiting area, and waited his turn again. Some time later, he heard:
    "Trainer number twenty three please," in the cool female voice of the intercom. Jack stood up, and looked at his watch for the first time. It was half past two. Over six hours had passed since he left the bus stop, and he hadn't even got his pokemon yet. Still, he thought, at least there's nothing in my way now.

Jack left the now empty waiting area, and entered the mysterious world through the door. What he saw made his jaw drop. What he had expected was a room, filled with pokemon, waiting to be taken. But it wasn't that. What he actually saw was a beautiful outdoor space, except it was inside. The room was cavernous, and had trees and shrubs and masses of flowers growing in it. It looked like the perfect habitat for a pokemon, there was even a small lake for water types. The strange thing was, there were no pokemon in sight.

"Ahh, Jack, is it? I've been waiting," came Professor Oak's voice, and he walked into view from behind a tree.
    "Not be rude, but aren't there supposed to be pokemon in here?" asked Jack, and the professor smiled.
    "There is one, Jack. It's just that she's quite shy towards humans. She's fine with other pokemon, but when that Tony brat came in earlier… Well, he pointed at her, she took one look at him, and ran off into the bushes. She hasn't been out since."

Ant with that, he began to walk out into the centre of the clearing, which the plants and trees had been placed around.
    "Come on out, that Tony guy's gone, see," he called out with his arms gesturing behind him, "no one to be afraid of!"
    Jack heard small rustling noise to his left, and Oak span around. Slowly, a Chikorita pushed her way out through the undergrowth. She walked timidly towards the professor.
    "Chikorita, this is Jack. He might be your new trainer." he said kindly to her. Chikorita looked around at Jack. After a few seconds of analysing him, she began to tentatively inch her way towards him. When she got close enough, Jack bent down to pet her. As he did, she started to look, less tense, and more relaxed. Jack smiled.
    "Like that, huh?" he asked.
    "Chikori," she replied, returning the smile. Jack turned his head to face Oak, who wore a strange expression on his face.
    "D'y'know, I've never seen her warm up to a person that quickly, you'll make a fine pair," he stated, beaming.
    "I'll take her then," replied Jack.

Netta

Hikari Ko
    Years
  • She heard the ambulance sirens, but payed no mind to it. She was already too far to return back as she entered the path that lead toward the ever forest. She opened her pokedex to review Bagon's data while she walked. It was the very first time on her own and she had to do a lot of catching up to be better then the rest. She had to do a lot of research to find out exactly what type of pokemon she wanted aside from what her parents already had. She favored fire and dragon types the most and would often try to get both if she could.

"Bagon's attacks are Rage, Bite, Leer, and Headbutt. That is what she knows so far? Looks like I have a lot of training to do then. Let me see, what else can I find out about Bagon." she stated pushing buttons trying to figure out what would be best to use and how much longer she'd have to train Bagon to get her to evolve and learn one of the most powerful dragon attacks. One thing she loved about dragon types was that they are able to learn fire type attacks as well as other elements to make them more stronger then they already are.

"BAGON harbors a never-ending dream of one day soaring high among the clouds. As if trying to dispel its frustration over its inability to fly, this POKéMON slams its hard head against huge rocks and shatters them into pebbles. That's something new but my Bagon hasn't slammed her head into anything." she stated softly as she closed her PokeDex and looked up to see a large forest. Deep inside the forest it looked to be very dark as she stood there looking at it unsure of what to make of it. She had never been in here before, but she had traveled many times with her father but threw surfing.

"Viridian Forest, how nice. A place full of bug pokemon, this should be interesting. Kulçedra come out now. It's time to explore." she made her pokeball grow and pushed the button to open it as a red beam zigzagged out and hit the ground in front of her and there appeared Bagon.

"Baay." stated Kulçedra who looked at the entrance of the forest.

"Ready? Let's go." she ordered as Bagon nodded her head and followed her trainer into the entrance of the forest.

((OOC: I hope that I did this correctly.))

Last edited:

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Are You Still Taking Sign-ups?

Name: Diamond
    Legendary: Mew
    Personality: Brave
    History: None
    Rp Sample: Is It Really Needed?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Mei and Kolink left their home town and walked on Route 1. She tried to stay on the road to avoid the tall grass. She was afraid that maybe a wild Pokemon would bite her leg. Kolink looked curiously around and found any new scents. She wondered what he would do if they met a wild Pokemon here. Would he fight it or play with it?

The road went upward, but it was not far to Tokiwa. There were usually no strong Pocket Monsters here, so this Route was quiet safe. A good start for new Trainers.

"Look," Mei said to her friend. "I can already see the rooftops of the houses yonder. We're soon there." She thought that everything would be all right when she got there. Maybe they knew were her parents had gone. If not, she was not sure of what she should do.

ScizorManiac

Ultimate Scizor Trainer
    Years
  • Name: Shadow
    Legendary: Darkrai
    Personality: Shadow is serious and self-centered.
    History: none
    Rp Sample: Shadow was with his only friend, Shaymin. "It's-a-mazzing!" Shaymin said in a sing-songy voice. "What is?" Shadow mumbled. "That-weee are the onllly Mystery Gift Sinnnnoh Pokemon leffft!" Shaymin sang...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back