• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Secrets

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2012
    Does it bother you to hold on to a secret that you either mistakenly heard or someone told you about it? Have you ever trusted someone with a secret, only to be betrayed by that person? Who would you share your biggest secrets with?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Does it bother you to hold on to a secret that you either mistakenly heard or someone told you about it?: No. I just keep it to myself and eventually forget about it.
    Have you ever trusted someone with a secret, only to be betrayed by that person?: No, that hasn't happened to me yet.
    Who would you share your biggest secrets with?: Only my teachers or close friends.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I love knowing secrets. I don't care how I know them. I love being the only person in the world (or at least one of them) who knows something, no matter how insignificant. Why? Because everyone else doesn't, and I savor that. I don't really have a biggest secret, but I tell mostly everything about me to at least someone, so I'll just say someone I'm close with. I've learned not to be ashamed of things about me, so I've grown to become someone who doesn't have many secrets, if any. In the past, I have been betrayed by someone I've told something only they knew at the time, and it spread around like wildfire.

KaptainKaty

Tony Stark's Wife
    Years
  • I used to have a best friend that I told everything to. I loved her. If you would have asked me a year ago if I considered her a sister, I would have said yes without a hesitation. Slowly I could feel her and I drifting apart but silly me thought everything was still the same. I still told her every little secret about myself and one day I over heard her telling one of my other so called friends this really embarrassing story about me. They were talking about me behind my back and making fun of me. So no, I don't share my secrets with practically anyone anymore. It just gives them dirt to hurt you with in the future. The only person I share my secrets with now is my boyfriend that I have had for 1 year.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't like keeping my own secrets. If I like someone I'll generally tell them whatever. My life story or how I feel about my family or what my biggest fear is. Idk I seem like a really secretive person irl because I'm so shy but when you get to know me I'm nothing at all like that and I'm incredibly open. The only things that I stop short at are things that I feel the person I'm talking to would be uncomfortable with, because I won't get uncomfortable lol.

Years
  • I love it when people tell me their secrets, it makes me feel closer to the person because it means that they trust me enough to let me know whatever it is about the. I'm kinda the same about when I end up finding out about a secret. The only difference is that I'll usually look at the person who told me differently. Only because if their willing to tell me someone elses secrets chances are they'd tell someone else my secret.
    I've never had someone else blab to everyone one of my secrets but then again I don't have many secrets. I've had someone react badly when I told them a secret, but he never went and told everyone.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I love knowing secrets. I don't care how I know them. I love being the only person in the world (or at least one of them) who knows something, no matter how insignificant. Why? Because everyone else doesn't, and I savor that.
    This, this, so much this!

I think a lot of my secrecy comes down to a sense of power that's attributed to it. I know stuff that no one else knows, so I can go into a situation with a slight upper hand in terms of information on people. Although, saying that, I'm very good at keeping other people's secrets but not as good as telling my own secrets to other people. There's no real reason to it, but it's probably connected to the 'power' reason mentioned above.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I have two thoughts on secrets.

If someone ASKS me to keep a secret, especially if they chose to reveal that secret to me, I love it. It makes me feel like that person thought I was trustworthy to be given this information, which I find to be highly complimentary. I've always kinda though, I wanna be the kind of person people can entrust their secrets too.

If I DISCOVER something that should be kept secret, I feel resentful of it, since no one really wanted me to know, I certainly didn't ask to know, and yet now I feel responsible for keeping it a secret. I feel like it was a responsibility forced onto me. Granted, this doesn't change the fact that I will keep the secret, it just changes my attitude about it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't like keeping secrets. I can't even keep my own, I always end up telling one person, and then it spreads. Though, I love knowing other peoples secrets, just because I'm really nosy sometimes. xD; You can trust me though, honest. If I were to share my deepest secrets with someone, they would be close friends, or someone I can trust. I don't think I could tell anything to my parents. xD;

Ayselipera

If you tell me something and you really don't want me to tell anyone then I most likely won't tell anyone, but then there's about two people I can think of who I would tell pretty much anything to that I've heard because I trust them not to say anything either. I figure technically everyone has that person(s) in their life anyways so I don't see it as too much of a big deal to begin with. I really hate the idea of being thought of as untrustworthy, like it really bothers me, so I try to keep very personal things that others have told me to myself because I figure it's a bit rude to share.

As for me sharing my own secrets it's really rare that I would tell anyone anything really personal. Once again I can only think of two people who I would tell something really personal to, but I don't think I have with them or anyone else to begin with.

Back