• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seek and destroy (OU RMT)

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Hello and welcome to this RMT! The team i'll post is a team that i've been using for awhile. I think the win ratio is like 80-90% which is the best of any of my teams :D . From the start of this team i have got 4 new members. Looking at the team now it's really offensive based. Enough of my boring talk!

At a glance:

As you can see nothing special here.

*+*+*+*+ Ups with the team +*+*+*+*
    Really good coverage.
    No big weakness.
    Pretty good against Stall.

*-*-*-*- Downs with the team -*-*-*-*
    No Entry hazards.

In depth:

~~~~~~ My apocalypse ~~~~~~

Machamp
    @ Lum berry
    No guard
    Adamant nature
    EV: 252 Atk 252 Spe

Dynamicpunch
    Ice punch
    Stone edge
    Bullet punch

Leadchamp, according to me the best lead tight followed by Smeargle and infernape. The only real bad thing about this lead is that it has to switch out on Azelf cuz they sometimes carry Psychic which ofc is OHKO. This is actually more like a early-game sweeper than a lead. Machamp is the 20th most used lead October 2009 problamy cuz of lack on SR but who the heck cares? The only lead with a flying move is Crobat which is can handle pretty easy anyways so that's not a threat at all really. At first Smeargle was in this spot.

Dynamicpunch is a good "scouting" move as it force my opponent to switch all the time if they dont have a ghost pokemon =/. So what's the usual switch in on Machamp? Gliscor cuz ppl think he walls Champ. And then i'm like lol socca eat Ice punch 4x weakness. Lum berry so that i can take WOWs and Spore without a problem, as WOW pretty much kills Machamp. Stone edge for obvious reasons like Salamence, Gyarados and Crobats. Bullet punch when i've breaked a Sash and wanna go for the kill. The Adamant nature is obviously better Jolly here.

~~~~~~ Ride the lightning ~~~~~~

Salamence @ Choice specs
    Intimidate
    Timid nature
    EV: 252 Sp.Atk 252 Spe

Draco meteor
    Dragon pulse
    Fire blast
    Hydro pump

SpecMence! On October 2009 list Mence was at 5th place but during the whole month i dont think i ever fought a SpecMence! Why? Cuz this os the most overlooked pokemon eva!(together with Lanturn) When ppl see this they switch in something that covers DDmence or MixMence, they basiclly never think that i'll use SpecMence. At first Latias was in this spot.

I can come in on pretty much anything, Draco meteor OHKO, and switch out. Dragon pulse isn't used that much but sometimes when i need to 2HKO something or i think i can stay in a longer period. Hydro pump and Fire blast are a good duo for things like Gliscor, Heatran, Scizor, Jirachi, Celebi etc. The EVs are obvious for a Spec pokemon Timid nature is cuz i atleast want some speed. This is one of two guys on this team with Initimidate which makes up for good Inti-switching. This isn't a early- game pokemon nor a mid-game or a early game. This is pretty much all the time when something comes in and i dont have another way to take it down.

~~~~~~ Creeping death ~~~~~~

Gyarados @ Life orb
    Intimidate
    Adamant nature

Dragon dance
    Waterfall
    Stone edge
    Ice fang

Gyara! Here i didn't wanna run the bulky gyara which seems to get more and more popular, i just wanted to run the usual sweeping EVs. As this guys only real problem is Electric-types he fits in here pretty well having two pokemons which resist it. Well rock is a problem to but yet again two other pokemons resist it. This have been there ever since the team was created.

This the second Intimidater on the team which pretty much ****s up all Physical guys out there. As i dont run Bulky Life orb seemed better over Leftovers. This is also the first of two Dragon dancers on this team. Waterfall is obvious because 100 accuracy STAB and coverage against both T-Tar and Heatran. Ice fang to mess with Gliscor, Salamence, Celebi etc. Last but not least Stone edge for Bulky gyaras. As bulky Gyara dont run full speed i will outrun them and OHKO. The nature is obvious on pretty much every gyara including this one, ofc i am talking about Adamant.

~~~~~~ Enter sandman ~~~~~~

Tyranitar @ Babiri berry
    Sand stream
    Jolly nature

Dragon dance
    Fire punch
    Stone edge
    Crunch

DDT-Tar. This is the second of the Dragon dancers i were talking about earlier. When ppl see this they put Scizor and BP, which makes me laugh in their face. With STAB on Dark and Rock this is problamy more deadly than Metagross(atleast to me). This have been there ever since the team was created.

The Jolly nature enables me to outrun atleast SOMETHING after DD. It's definetly worth the loss of a little damage to have great speed after DD. Crunch is for STAB and Rotoms, Gengars, Latias etc. Yet again Stone edge for STAB and coverage. Fire punch as i said earlier to laugh in Scizors face. EVs are regular for Sweeper. I dont fell like explaining much more here.

~~~~~~ Battery ~~~~~~

Porygon-z @ Choice scarf
    Download
    Modest nature
    252 Sp.Atk 252 Spe

Tri attack
    Hidden power [fighting]
    Ice beam
    Thunderbolt

Revenge killing P-Z ig great! Every team pretty much need a revenge killer. P-Z is one of my favorite Revenge killers along with Heracross and Rotom-h. As the defenses of P-Z isn't great he works best coming in and OHKO without getting to much hurt.

Download >> Adapability here as Tri attack really isn't very important. The Choice scarf is obvious on revenge killers. HP fighting enables me to easy revenge kill Heatran and T-Tar whil Thunder bolt takes care of Gyaras and Vaporeon etc. Last but not least Ice beam for things like Gliscor and Salamence. The EVs dont need a description here, neither nature do.

~~~~~~ All nightmare long ~~~~~~

Gengar
    @ Life orb
    Levitate
    Timid nature
    EV: 252 Sp.Atk 252 Spe

Thunderbolt
    Shadow ball
    Focus blast
    Hidden power [Fire]

LOGar. With 130 Base Sp.Atk and 110 Base Speed hes a threat to alot of teams. Hes STAB on Shadow ball is cool to deal with Latias and other Gars. Levitate+Ghost type is a good combo allowing him to switch in on Dynamicpunch, Close combat, Superpower, Brick break, Earthquake, Earth power etc. The EVs are regular for LOsweeper so is his nature. HP fire is to deal with Celebi and Jirachi mostly but other pokemons to. Focus blast for other Steel-types. Thunderbolt for Gyaras and Vaporeon. Damn i am too lazy to write anything more now.

Good bye everyone!

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Well, you should make some changes as Stealth Rock is a must on every competitive team :). Change your lead to something which can set up the rocks, or at least use Spikes/Toxic Spikes.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • Your whole team is named after Metallica songs (that Aura likes lolol)

Anyways your team will have problems with fast sweepers such as Starmie and Infernape, basically most of the guys in the >100 Base Spe group. You don't have a safe switchin and Jolt / Starmie / Infernape / Gengar will cause problems if they manage to get in after a kill. SpecsJolt Thunderbolt does pretty serious damage to Tyranitar, if it's down by about 20% it can't stop it. Gar obviously does serious damage to everything and the best defence you have against it is Machamp / Mence which are 2HKOed. Your only way of dealing with Nape is with Gengar which is very iffy since Fire Attacks / Stone Edge smash it, and LO Starmie hurts a lot.

I think Scarf Rotom-H > P-Z, gives you a check to SD Scizor which only Gyarados can handle, and IIRC after SR + LO recoil SD BP should KO it. It can do in Blissey too by Tricking Scarf, so that's a plus. Go TB / Trick / Overheat / HP Ice. I'd also look into changing Tar into a CB variant, gets rid of Latias / Rotom-H that might otherwise stop Gyara / Mence / Gar sweeps, and can check Jolt.

You also might want to put LO Starmie > Gar, can switch into Nape better and Scizor doesn't laugh at it (LO Hydro Pump does 74% min on 252 HP Scizor, and resists Bullet Punch too). You can also run Rapid Spin to clear rocks so that Mence / Scizor can come in.

You could fit SR in on Tar, > Aqua Tail since you have 3 pokes that lol at Hippo (Starmie, Rotom, Salamence) and Lucario isn't that big of a problem with Mence + Rotom-H.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Your whole team is named after Metallica songs (that Aura likes lolol)

Anyways your team will have problems with fast sweepers such as Starmie and Infernape, basically most of the guys in the >100 Base Spe group. You don't have a safe switchin and Jolt / Starmie / Infernape / Gengar will cause problems if they manage to get in after a kill. SpecsJolt Thunderbolt does pretty serious damage to Tyranitar, if it's down by about 20% it can't stop it. Gar obviously does serious damage to everything and the best defence you have against it is Machamp / Mence which are 2HKOed. Your only way of dealing with Nape is with Gengar which is very iffy since Fire Attacks / Stone Edge smash it, and LO Starmie hurts a lot.

I think Scarf Rotom-H > P-Z, gives you a check to SD Scizor which only Gyarados can handle, and IIRC after SR + LO recoil SD BP should KO it. It can do in Blissey too by Tricking Scarf, so that's a plus. Go TB / Trick / Overheat / HP Ice. I'd also look into changing Tar into a CB variant, gets rid of Latias / Rotom-H that might otherwise stop Gyara / Mence / Gar sweeps, and can check Jolt.

You also might want to put LO Starmie > Gar, can switch into Nape better and Scizor doesn't laugh at it (LO Hydro Pump does 74% min on 252 HP Scizor, and resists Bullet Punch too). You can also run Rapid Spin to clear rocks so that Mence / Scizor can come in.

You could fit SR in on Tar, > Aqua Tail since you have 3 pokes that lol at Hippo (Starmie, Rotom, Salamence) and Lucario isn't that big of a problem with Mence + Rotom-H.

Thanks for advice. Rotom-H was my original revenge killer but i switched to P-Z because i thought it worked better. I can switch LOgar to LOmie. However i'll do that later cuz my sister is crying telling me it's her turn to have the computer now ^^.

Back